TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/CS Rear Bumper cover?

yamahar1

Anyone know of anywhere I can get one? Looking for an easier way then going through a dealership if possible. Going to the dealership is like going to the dentist for me, hate it. Beginning the slow tranformation of my car into the Michigan Special. Hood, spoiler, and both bumper covers are going bye bye........3D carbon has one, but I think their kit has to be purchased as a whole kit to fit right, and I am not crazy about their front bumper. In fact, I don't think I need the side skirts, just a GT/CS bumper cover, and a front bumper cover would look fine as long as I don't get a real low dragger in the front. Maybe the GT/CS front cover as well, or one from Street Scene. Have not decided yet, lots of time till it gets warm here. I just want to have my car ready to cruise by the time the "dream" cruise hits Woodward Ave here in Detroit, I am going this year. Thanks if anyone has any info, I think I might have to go to the dealer though, not much info on the web about that bumper cover.

It's only about $280 from a dealer (unpainted). It may be painful for you, but you could be done pretty quickly that way.

Thanks, nothing against you, I just hate going to dealers unless I absolutly have to. I saw a report on CNN of things people most hate to do. Going through the car dealership experience was right up there with going to the dentist. Thanks for the info. The painting is no problem. I have to get my hood painted anyway (going with the California Dream Hood from RK Sport), so I will just do them at the same time. Later.

Hey, I had a guy from a dealership tell me $148 plus shipping for the rear cover! Sounds good, I e-mailed him back to make sure it is a brand new part. I had someone tell me it was like $280, plus shipping. Looks like the Michigan Special will be born right around the corner, now for that warm weather.

• 2 weeks later...
Did the deal work out as expected? This is one of the mods I want to make to mine as well....

Welcome to the Forum Dave.

Yamaha has not switched the rear bumper yet. No one has that I know of. I have a GT/CS with that cover and that bumper cover is just about the same as the GT500. It looks great. That cover is also on the Shelby GT. Hope it works out for your car.

Did the deal work out as expected? This is one of the mods I want to make to mine as well....

Hey, sorry for the delay. Rob (Grabber) is correct, I have not done it yet, but soon. I have been working like 70-80 hours a week, so the car is not first on my priority list right now. I copied the e-mail the guy sent me, his name is Steve Powell, he works at Tousley Ford in Minnesota, near Minneapolis. I am going to get both the front and rear I think, but definatly the rear. I don't know about the shipping yet, or the painting yet, but it will be hot when it is on! Might I say, I think it will come cheaper then the package deal from Ford. Nothing against anyone who bought the GT/CS from Ford, but I don't like that sticker they put on the side anyway. I just like the bumper covers. I am getting my own hood also, so I don't need that ford scoop on the hood. So, I am doing it my way I guess, the MICHIGAN SPECIAL! Got my new vanity plate on now JOYRYDN ! My wife is Joy, and I am Ryan, so it seemed cool for a plate! I need to get the money together for the hood and covers, then it is on! Later

Hi Ryan, Sorry for the delay.

I do have the California special rear cover in stock, Your cost $148.87 plus shipping.

I can be reached at 1-800-328-9552 ask for Steve

Archived