Mustang Manufactured - Check

Mustang Paid in Full - Check

Mustang Arrives in LV - Check

Car Registered with State of Pa - Check

Car Insured and Bill Paid - Check

Garage space cleaned and cleared - Check

Plate Arrives - Check

What's missing ?????

Status on parts? (f/r fascia, hoods, suspensions, wheels, cooling, etc)

Status on EO cert?

If there are delays, man up! We can take it.

Cannot get a return call from Vegas, anyone have any info?

Is there any real timeframe to start delivering cars? If so, when?

I understand Shelby is working hard to get the cars finished (and get paid from all of us) but the lack of communication with the customers is unsettling.

Very excited about the car but very frustrated with the build process and lack of a true commitment to customer service.

post-27177-128161697453_thumb.jpg

post-27177-128161699524_thumb.jpg

post-27177-128161697453_thumb.jpg

post-27177-128161699524_thumb.jpg

Edited by tony356

I am in the exact situation as most of us are. My check list is the same except I need to work on the garage a little more. My car arrived at SI on June 1st, which is now almost 2.5 months ago. I know some have waited much longer but each day I read the 350GT Forum with the hope of some updated news. We are all adults and can deal with the issues that SI is experiencing but we need to know what the plan is and the current status. Has all the testing and certification been completed? If so, what are the test results? Is there a shortage of parts in a certain area and if so, what is the expected timeframe for the parts to arrive? How many cars are currently in production? What is the expected date for the first car to be completed and delivered to its owner? I know that SI cannot keep up with all the phone calls it gets regarding our cars but they can have someone provide weekly updates on the forum. This forum is nonexistent in terms of news coming out of SI. The forum is the perfect media for SI to communicate to its targeted audience and it would take less time than answering all the individual phone calls.

Deposit sent to Shelby - Check

Donor Mustang Ordered - Check

Plate Arrives - Check

What's missing ?????

Status on parts? (f/r fascia, hoods, suspensions, wheels, cooling, etc)

Status on EO cert?

If there are delays, man up! We can take it.

Cannot get a return call from Vegas, anyone have any info?

Is there any real timeframe to start delivering cars? If so, when?

I understand Shelby is working hard to get the cars finished (and get paid from all of us) but the lack of communication with the customers is unsettling.

Very excited about the car but very frustrated with the build process and lack of a true commitment to customer service.

Tony,

Good points. I'm glad now that we decided to get the stripes painted so we won't have to worry about rain hitting the vinyl when we drive home in the winter from picking up the car! I sure hate to lose half a years worth of insurance on a car I don't have.

BTW, what's that thing on your garage wall with the power cord hanging off it? Never seen such a thing in a garage. :headscratch:

John

Deposit sent to Shelby - Check

Donor Mustang Ordered - Check

Plate Arrives - Check

What's missing ?????

Tony,

I feel the same way you do! My checklist has also been completed and my patients are about to run out. The money laid out on this adventure could have earned me a bit more on my investments. The communication is deplorable and you would think it should have been better coming from a company like Shelby.

It's a shame because this is the first time I've had dealings with Shelby and I'm not impressed nor would I recommend them to anyone for modifications on their auto be it GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota or any other manufacture Shelby America is targeting in the future. You would think that they would communicate with their bread and butter Ford customers that have made them what they are today.

Hopefully we will hear something soon or we can try and get our money back. Until than we can TiVo Hot Rod TV and play it over and over and imagine what could have been!

I feel your pain brother. Keep the emails and phone calls going, SA will answer sooner or later.

Man-o-man is your GT350 going to look FANTASTIC in that garage.

Thanks, the garage is my man cave (it also houses the monthly neighborhood poker nights in the winter)

Edited by tony356

BTW, what's that thing on your garage wall with the power cord hanging off it? Never seen such a thing in a garage. :headscratch:

John

It is a combo propane heater and electric a/c unit for the garage. It get's pretty hot and cold here in SE Pa so I can always "play" with the cars in comfort in any season.

I feel the same way you do! My checklist has also been completed and my patients are about to run out. The money laid out on this adventure could have earned me a bit more on my investments. The communication is deplorable and you would think it should have been better coming from a company like Shelby.

It's a shame because this is the first time I've had dealings with Shelby and I'm not impressed nor would I recommend them to anyone for modifications on their auto be it GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota or any other manufacture Shelby America is targeting in the future. You would think that they would communicate with their bread and butter Ford customers that have made them what they are today.

Hopefully we will hear something soon or we can try and get our money back. Until than we can TiVo Hot Rod TV and play it over and over and imagine what could have been!

My 1st dealing with Shelby also.

Don't want my money back (and might be tough to get back) - I just want Shelby to be straight with us.

Missed Hot Rod TV - gotta find it - even though it won't help my blood pressure any.

Edited by tony356

ame='Venom4U' date='12 August 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1281637379' post='1017517']

My 1st dealing with Shelby also.

Don't want my money back (and might be tough to get back) - I just want Shelby to be straight with us.

Missed Hot Rod TV - gotta find it - even though it won't help my blood pressure any.

I'm with you. I don't want the money back but the lack of information as to when we can expect our cars is ridiculous.

The only bright spot so far is meeting some nice people on these forums. Don't get me wrong the people at Shelby are nice but just don't have the information. By the way awesome garage.

Everyone knew, going into this project, that it could be risk and reward. The major risk was timeframe. With tentitive schedules right out of the gate.

Biggest risk was always timeframe, reward was delivery of the final product. Tentitve dates were late July/August. With many partners in this project, the economy dictated stratigic businrss decissions of Shelby and our partners creating delays.

We have been cycling vehicles through the production process for over 4 weeks. We have installed suspensions, brakes, gauge pods, etc. Then return the cars back to storage until vendors deliver the next series of parts.

We have just received the first sets of body parts. We are doing our best in managing the process. As the body parts are supposed to arrive painted, the initial sets ate not as we have chosen to paint the first sets to move the process more quickly.

We are still awaiting CARB for both tunes. With the cycling process we anticipate a quicker delivery oncthtunes and other vendor related parts arrive. Lift time will bmuch shorter. Painted stripe cars are also being cycled for quicker completion.

Roger

As always, if you any concerns you should contact me directly.

Everyone knew, going into this project, that it could be risk and reward. The major risk was timeframe. With tentitive schedules right out of the gate.

Biggest risk was always timeframe, reward was delivery of the final product. Tentitve dates were late July/August. With many partners in this project, the economy dictated stratigic businrss decissions of Shelby and our partners creating delays.

We have been cycling vehicles through the production process for over 4 weeks. We have installed suspensions, brakes, gauge pods, etc. Then return the cars back to storage until vendors deliver the next series of parts.

We have just received the first sets of body parts. We are doing our best in managing the process. As the body parts are supposed to arrive painted, the initial sets ate not as we have chosen to paint the first sets to move the process more quickly.

We are still awaiting CARB for both tunes. With the cycling process we anticipate a quicker delivery oncthtunes and other vendor related parts arrive. Lift time will bmuch shorter. Painted stripe cars are also being cycled for quicker completion.

Roger

Thanks Roger but no one informed me of a risk and a reward theory when I ordered the car. If there were delays in March 2010 in receiving product due to the economy than this should have been pointed out as orders were taken. I cannot recall anyone informing me of the risk when I ordered the car but this is not the place to dispute this issue.

I think a call to your prospective purchasers advising them as to where in the process their car is at this point in time is not requesting too much, maybe an updated target date. At least we know something is happening.

Your third party partners have put an enormous amount of pressure on Shelby by not delivering product timely. I would imagine their deficiencies would have a negative effect on your future sales. If it were my company I would search for new partners going forward.

Once again thanks for the response all we can do is wait.

I know its tough guys...I gave my deposit before SA even revealed the car in January. I feel your pain, but SA cannot deliver the cars without the CARB certs. It sucks for them too, they have to store cars in every bit of space they have, and it surely affects other projects to make room for them. Not to mention, they are paying out all this money for parts and their hours of work on the cars with no return until we can take delivery. I would guess no one wants these cars out more than SA. While I agree that communication has been pretty non-existent on the forum and out on the street, EVERY time I call Roger, I get an answer to whatever question I have for him, and even if it isnt the answer I want to hear, at least it is an answer.

I was out there on Friday, and I got to see #350 in person, and it is stunning! My wife has been dead set against this purchase from the beginning....many fights over it I can tell you, until SHE saw it....now she is just as eager as I am, (and she wants a Cobra to boot) :hysterical:

Roger will update us when there is something to update, but its hurry up and wait, and what can he say right now to that end?

Umm, nothing to report today?

They are just making sure that everything comes out perfect for this build so that we can all be happy with the final result. This will be the most advanced and competitive mustang EVER produced, and if I have to wait a few extra weeks or months to get it right, then I will do just that. But when we take delivery, the looks we will get owning this car will trump the ones we get from our current stable I can promise you.

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Roger

Roger,

I tried to contact Shelby directly. I called Steve and left a voice mail on Monday. I called and left a message on your voice mail on Tuesday. No returns calls! It seems the only person I can get on the phone is Mimi the receptionist.

It is funny that I did not know that buying a car was risk/reward exercise. When I originally placed my order with Shane (no longer with your company) I was never told there might be huge delays in the acquisition of parts but however was told the car would be ready in about 30-60 days after the donor car arrived. After being switch to Steve and getting all of my paperwork signed, only then was I told that now builds might take 60-90 days. I looked at all of my paperwork from Shelby and I would like somene to point out to me where on the paperwork it states that economic situation may cause a long delay in the ordering and receiving of parts. To my eye, the EO certs have nothing to due with Shelby ordering the parts in a timely manner and suppliers furnishing parts in a timely manner. If we are just getting fascia's now, there was an inherent problem with the production system.

Why did it take until now to find out suspensions, brakes, pods, painted stripes were completed or being completed? Are wheels and hoods in stock? Update on cooling package?

It is very clear to most that this car was introduced to the public and orders and deposits were taken long before Shelby and Shelby's hand selected suppliers were prepared tobuild cars.

Certs aside, when will the first 20 or so cars be ready to drive of the lot only being stored at your facility awaiting certs?

As others stated, this should be a joyous time for all of us and not feeling like we are in a battle for info.

I know its tough guys...I gave my deposit before SA even revealed the car in January. I feel your pain, but SA cannot deliver the cars without the CARB certs. It sucks for them too, they have to store cars in every bit of space they have, and it surely affects other projects to make room for them. Not to mention, they are paying out all this money for parts and their hours of work on the cars with no return until we can take delivery. I would guess no one wants these cars out more than SA. While I agree that communication has been pretty non-existent on the forum and out on the street, EVERY time I call Roger, I get an answer to whatever question I have for him, and even if it isnt the answer I want to hear, at least it is an answer.

I was out there on Friday, and I got to see #350 in person, and it is stunning! My wife has been dead set against this purchase from the beginning....many fights over it I can tell you, until SHE saw it....now she is just as eager as I am, (and she wants a Cobra to boot) :hysterical:

Roger will update us when there is something to update, but its hurry up and wait, and what can he say right now to that end?

They are just making sure that everything comes out perfect for this build so that we can all be happy with the final result. This will be the most advanced and competitive mustang EVER produced, and if I have to wait a few extra weeks or months to get it right, then I will do just that. But when we take delivery, the looks we will get owning this car will trump the ones we get from our current stable I can promise you.

Dubbs, you on the payroll dude? I know your upset also but taking the high road - I guess it is not in my genetic makeup. lol

Dubbs,

Good call taking the wifey out there I should do the same. LOL

We at the least should get some type of update weekly or monthly heck I will even except quarterly. I'm aware that SA wants to get the product out and done to perfection. They should have informed us of the delays receiving product from day 1.

As they say in Vegas " I'm all in" at this time and will have to wait anticipating I will hear some good news next week, next month or next year.

I hope the end result will be rewarding as some of you posted in this thread.

Thanks for the "pick me up" comments they help a little with the anxiety.

Glad to hear your report about #350. I understand the waiting part and want and expect the car to be perfect when finally delivered to me. I have never asked them to rush my build but have simply been trying to get a few straight answer to a few questions. I would have even been happy with bad excuses a few weeks ago, but to their credit they said nothing instead, but now I really think the straight scoop is what we all deserve. We can handle the bad news if there is any but give us the information without having to beg for it. Trust me I'm exicted beyond belief for the car and can't wait to beat up a few p-cars, bimmers, gt-r's and zo-6's at the track with this baby. I'll drive her proud and hard and provide Shelby East Coast road course GT350 advertising.

Hey Tony, No worries bud, andddd no, Im not on the payroll :hysterical:

I wish! I'd settle for no pay and an employee discount! :superhero: I know I come off sounding like a homer, but after being out there, and hearing calls coming in call after call with the same questions, man, I'd need hazard pay. Those poor people are taking a lot of heat for something completely out of the control of SA. Its not my place to give specific information, but I would like to say to everyone that there is absolutely no problem with our cars being built. They just cant rush the govt., and they are all over the suppliers to provide them with perfect fitting parts to make sure EVERY car is built right. The quality control going on out there with our cars is WAAAAY more evident than before with previous builds I have seen.

Don't get me wrong, I also beleive it would be a better strategy for SA to inform the GT350 buyers what is going on periodically, but let me just make a few assumptions here:

1. They don't want to simply use the forum to feed information out due to the public nature of the forum.

2. The economy that Roger talks about isnt affecting Shelby in the same ways it is affecting the suppliers, but they have trimmed the fat out there, and they probably just don't have the manpower to call every deposit holder to tell them the status, which in all honesty is the same as when the cars got there. As soon as the tunes pass spec, and the few remaining parts get in, I was told SA would be able to complete a car in a matter of a few days (per car), so the first ones that go out wont be months ahead of the last ones that are already there, a few weeks more likely. We will have a flood of deliveries when this all gets going.

I have heard a whole slew of rumours, but the only source I am interested in at this point is Roger's office and assistants to him.

They had said 60-90 days to me at the beginning of June. That means beginning of September and they are still on schedule, and even if it is a month longer, that isnt too terribly out of whack.

Don't get me wrong, I also beleive it would be a better strategy for SA to inform the GT350 buyers what is going on periodically, but let me just make a few assumptions here:

1. They don't want to simply use the forum to feed information out due to the public nature of the forum.

I was thinking of a batch email or newsletter to everyone that has cars on the ground in Vegas - not on the forum.

Something to update the folks that in my opinion have been very patient and have committed a big chunk of coin way back in like January and February for a car(mule) most of us only saw on tv. Never asked for a daily update or even an update on my car (until today) but about the status of the program and status of any issues in a timely fashion. Really not too difficult IMHO.

T

Well guys, I certainly feel your pain....but the more things change..the more they stay the same.

When I was building my CS6, I bought the car new in July 2006 and started ordering parts which were supposed to be "stock" with pre-payment on everything but the first small items didn't start rolling in for about three months.

Mine was a very early car so all the components were ordered and shipped from SAI directly.

Most of the other items ordered took eight or nine months and that's not including the couple of items I had to return which were damaged in transit.

When it came to the supercharger, I was told they are awaiting the "Shelby nameplates" and if I wanted this installed I would have to wait...so...I waited, and waited and waited.....three months later I receive my supercharger...but...guess what....????...no nameplate....it took months of fighting with both SAI and Paxton to get this nameplate without having to return the head unit which is what they wanted me to do.

Bottom line....it was almost a year to date from the time I ordered the parts till I had the orders complete and parts installed on the car.

Through the whole process after the parts were ordered, I too was made to feel like this was a one-off custom build when the literature and staff made you believe this program was 100% ready to roll.

I'm sure you will all be very happy with your vehicles once you receive them as I was when I completed mine however, the whole process personally left me very tainted towards this sort of future venture and that's why I decided on a new GT-500 as opposed to the GT-350 which is a fantastic looking vehicle but I so feared a similar experience which appears to be coming to fruition.

The Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition sparks my interest. My SGT is Paid in FULL so now I am on the look out for a dedicated track car.

You guys will be happy once you take delivery of your GT350's I would just be patient I am sure the reward will be worth it

The Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition sparks my interest. My SGT is Paid in FULL so now I am on the look out for a dedicated track car.

You guys will be happy once you take delivery of your GT350's I would just be patient I am sure the reward will be worth it

I agree about the laguna seca but at 3600 lbs I'm not convinced - but could be.

I doubt venting frustration on a public forum is productive.

When I ordered my car, it was indicated that delivery would be later in the year. Not that I have not tried to expedite, but SA knows that we all are excited and want our cars. I sincerely believe they are working diligently to get the product out.

I owned a shop and built vehicles that depended on the aftermarket for components. Delays were a way a of life. Sometimes no matter how clearly I communicated with my suppliers, they still messed things up. Give SA a break, they are dealing with an intricate supply chain.

I have also bought other low production custom cars, so my expectations for the 350 delivery are inline with reality.

How smoothly Boss 302 deliveries goes remains to be seen.

Edited by MMcGuirk

When I ordered my car, it was indicated that delivery would be later in the year. Not that I have not tried to expedite, but SA knows that we all are excited and want our cars. I sincerely believe they are working diligently to get the product out.

I owned a shop and built vehicles that depended on the aftermarket for components. Delays were a way a of life. Sometimes no matter how clearly I communicated with my suppliers, they still messed things up. Give SA a break, they are dealing with an intricate supply chain.

I have also bought other low production custom cars, so my expectations for the 350 delivery are inline with reality.

How smoothly Boss 302 deliveries goes remains to be seen.

ok already, since most folks have not taken into account that i have been patient and i have tried conventional channels of communication i'm getting bombarded with hate.

a lot of y'all are feeling upset about this process as well but i'll take the hit.

i'm sorry i did not realize earlier that buying this car required drinking the kool-aid as a member of the cult.

i'll just wait for a call telling me my car is ready.

Tony you have my support since I'm in the same position you are in. As far as not stating what has actually happen to you in a public forum is total BS . I did not read anything you posted as being out of hand or inadequate.

Shelby has also promoted in public forms about the GT350. I have a publication in a monthly magazine about when to expect and start seeing these autos start rolling off their production line. I also attended the showing of the GT350 at Barrett Jackson in Palm Beach Florida. Shelby had representation present and confirmed a July roll out.

I do not view it as venting as someone might think, since this is the very same forum that has enticed me to pluck down my hard earned money to purchase this car.

Going forward I choose not to blast Shelby publicly in this forum because they are good people and I know deep down Roger and his crew will like to start delivering these units.

Unfortunately this is the hand they were dealt and it is passed on to us.

You have no hate mail from me on this one. If they're coming in just hit the delete button.

Mine is naturally aspirated, so they can just build mine first. I like this idea!

Second note: I am loving the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Wife would kill me though. Guess I'll buy an antique fire truck.

325_2734356_6a927a78-c8a4-4cdb-9170-43ef934c0e71.jpg

This is on list. :cry: My wife laughed at me with that "like hell you are" laugh. :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1946-HOWE-FORD-FIRE-TRUCK-7-000-ORIGINAL-MILES-/300452093496?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item45f4571e38

Edited by SPRSNK