TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Correct Alcoas for widening

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Two correct original Super Snake logo'ed wheels. :happy feet:

The other two, re-sell.......$$$

R

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Two correct original Super Snake logo'ed wheels. :happy feet:

The other two, re-sell.......$$$

R

unfortunately looks like the two 9" rims are the correct rims (fronts) with SS logo..... so wouldn't do you any good if you widened your rears?

ROn

unfortunately looks like the two 9" rims are the correct rims (fronts) with SS logo..... so wouldn't do you any good if you widened your rears?

ROn

I had one front and one rear off of my car two weeks ago for just that reason, to measure backspacing/offset between the 9's and 10's. The front Alcoa's and the rear Alcoa's are exactly the same from the disc brake mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel, except the rear's are 1" wider.

So, I would guess that the simple solution would be to have an extra inch added to a front Alcoa 9" during the widening process, since they are going to be cut and welded anyway? They (WeldCraft) widen wheels to much wider widths than that, as shown on their site. An extra 1" doesn't seem like it would be a big deal?

R

I had one front and one rear off of my car two weeks ago for just that reason, to measure backspacing/offset between the 9's and 10's. The front Alcoa's and the rear Alcoa's are exactly the same from the disc brake mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel, except the rear's are 1" wider.

So, I would guess that the simple solution would be to have an extra inch added to a front Alcoa 9" during the widening process, since they are going to be cut and welded anyway? They (WeldCraft) widen wheels to much wider widths than that, as shown on their site. An extra 1" doesn't seem like it would be a big deal?

R

agree Robert. Buy the 9's and widen to desired width and save the stock 10's. makes sense

agree Robert. Buy the 9's and widen to desired width and save the stock 10's. makes sense

I just wanted to make sure that you had found something that I was unaware of as it relates to the 9" and 10" Alcoa's................

They appear and measure identical in all ways, except the 1" extra to the inside of the 10's.

R

Archived