TEAM SHELBY FORUM

STAGE 2 IS FINALLY DONE

shelbyGT500

Here is my personal opinion on the stage 2 package

Install took about 4 hours (1 extra hour because im an idiot)

The idler pully was pretty easy although its hard getting your fingers in to put the allen head screw in.

The pully is a Pain in the arse. Easy to come off but a bitch to put on .Very hard when you put in on backwards the first time I dont know what i was thinking. :finger:

Then trying to take it back off is not exactly fun.Actually, Id rather be shot in the leg or something. WARNING put it on right the first time .The pully removal tool will not get it back off since the new pully housing is much smaller . I had to wedge two beefy screwdriversbetween the pully housing and the puller on top and bottom but it came off.

The intake wasnt exactly easy to get right either but it is an awesome made piece.I had to remove the strut brace to get it on.The kit even gives you a couple of washers for spacers.Great product!!

Now for the results.

Absolutley amazing difference. I just drove it again and all i c an say is im scared of the car now.Its too fast for the dtreet and is purley dangerous

The upper range is hard to judge because the car wants to do is spin in second no matter 1/2 throttle or more. 1st gear was useless before install, and now 2nd is just as useless.

Yes i am happy overall especially for the $$. I need warmer tires to evaluate it correctly.

This car is useless on the street now, thats for sure.The top end is just plain sick.

I highly recommend it to anybody who like racing on ice.

Lower control arms, exhaust,rear springs, and 20" razors are going on tomorrow. Ill post pics when complete on friday

Love your garage(shop?) Will you be putting her on a dyno?

Probally not but i will be at NE dragway with a set of slicks this spring. If this kit truly gives you 130 Hp, I should be running high 10s to low 11s .its simple math.

there have been alot of people on here who have dyno proven the result.i believe them. To me, A dragstrip is a good dyno :)

The pully is a Pain in the arse. Easy to come off but a bitch to put on .Very hard when you put in on backwards the first time I dont know what i was thinking. :finger:

Then trying to take it back off is not exactly fun.Actually, Id rather be shot in the leg or something. WARNING put it on right the first time .The pully removal tool will not get it back off since the new pully housing is much smaller . I had to wedge two beefy screwdriversbetween the pully housing and the puller on top and bottom but it came off.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I managed to install the hub backwards, too. I felt like a real, dumba$$. Then, I almost did it again.

For anyone, whose not learned from the village idiot (me), a Pitman arm puller works well for removing the hub after you put it on backwards.

Here is my personal opinion on the stage 2 package

Install took about 4 hours (1 extra hour because im an idiot)

The idler pully was pretty easy although its hard getting your fingers in to put the allen head screw in.

The intake wasnt exactly easy to get right either but it is an awesome made piece.I had to remove the strut brace to get it on.The kit even gives you a couple of washers for spacers.Great product!!

Now for the results.

Honestly i was expecting a little more low end torque. I dont think that its the program rather its the fact that its a 4v motor and the power is mostly on top rpm range.On my lightning the throttle response was like night and day. There is definalty improvement but not what i expected as far as throttle repnse

The upper range is hard to judge because the car wants to do is spin in second no matter 1/2 throttle or more. 1st gear was useless before install, and now 2nd is just as useless.

Yes i am happy overall especially for the $$. I need warmer tires to evaluate it correctly.

This car is useless on the street now, thats for sure.The top end is just plain sick.

I highly recommend it to anybody who like racing on ice.

Lower control arms, exhaust,rear springs, and 20" razors are going on tomorrow. Ill post pics when complete on friday

Damn you.........I LOVE your garage!!! Torque?? You on stock gearing?? Plan to change it out to 3:73 or lower (numerically higher) ??

Love your garage(shop?) Will you be putting her on a dyno?

I put mine on the Dyno after stage 2 went on and just got the graph posed in my arrival thread if you are interested. More or less 560 rwhp & 545 torque. Had more HP in it but we stopped the pull at 5800 to keep rpm's down - I'd like to have pushed it to 6200 but live and learn.

I took the car out tonight . Its so fun yet im actually scared to drive it. The car is LITERALLY that fast. I can be going at ANY speed in second, tap the gas to 1/4-1/2 throttle and just melt the tires ON DEMAND. I have not yet even tried full throttle.im scared.Take into consideration i drive my 500Hp lightning like its a matchbox. Ive won FFW street class in 01 or 02 against almost 200 CARS not trucks with my modded lightning .Im no newbie to power but this car is plain dangerous. My lightning is very controllable. this car is like learning to drive all over again. I was cruising in 3rd on the way home and squeezed into the throttle around 65-70 and the car started spinning. the problem is it spins so fast so quick, theres not much time for correction. Thanks evolution. the power is incredible.

Ill tell you one thing right now dead serious. There will be MANY of these cars wrecked. You better respect it or you will get bitten HARD

at first (when i had wheel hop) i didnt realize how much stage 2 wakes up this car because i was always letting up so i didnt lose my fillings.Now , i cannot believe my eyes.

no i will not be making any more mods to this car. If i did 373s i might as well throw away 3 gears instead of 2. Also, i dont want to have to drive around on drag slicks. to tell you the truth, this car needs them BAD even for the street.

How Sweet It Is!

Nice to be able to drive your car and not be thinking ...... damn I need more power...... nice to say Damn this thing is simply scary!

Actually I don't find it scary, I find it irresistable and downright fun! I feel like a kid on a lions back everytime I drive my car and I just love it.

However, I do know how to drive....with over 30 years driving experience including tactical and defensive driving and high speed pursuit driving I am confident in my abilities behind the wheel..... Our cars would be a very bad idea for a teenage boy though, that's a fact.

Don't ever loan your car to anyone and be careful if you decide to let your significant other (or your better half) do the driving for you (I don't think anyone here will allow that especially after going up to stage II or III).

Be careful and Have fun!

I took the car out tonight . Its so fun yet im actually scared to drive it. The car is LITERALLY that fast. I can be going at ANY speed in second, tap the gas to 1/4-1/2 throttle and just melt the tires ON DEMAND. I have not yet even tried full throttle.im scared.Take into consideration i drive my 500Hp lightning like its a matchbox. Ive won FFW street class in 01 or 02 against almost 200 CARS not trucks with my modded lightning .Im no newbie to power but this car is plain dangerous. My lightning is very controllable. this car is like learning to drive all over again. I was cruising in 3rd on the way home and squeezed into the throttle around 65-70 and the car started spinning. the problem is it spins so fast so quick, theres not much time for correction. Thanks evolution. the power is incredible.

Ill tell you one thing right now dead serious. There will be MANY of these cars wrecked. You better respect it or you will get bitten HARD

at first (when i had wheel hop) i didnt realize how much stage 2 wakes up this car because i was always letting up so i didnt lose my fillings.Now , i cannot believe my eyes.

no i will not be making any more mods to this car. If i did 373s i might as well throw away 3 gears instead of 2. Also, i dont want to have to drive around on drag slicks. to tell you the truth, this car needs them BAD even for the street.

my 03 cobra would spin the wheels real easy also, that is why i would drive it with the traction control 'on' unless i wanted to have some fun. how are you driving the car, with it on or off? does it still work as intended with all the extra power or is it now pretty much usless? i have a friend who did a bunch of changes to his 04 cobra [now 464 hp at wheels] and he says his traction control now seems to way over react, making it really kill the motor.

thanks

my 03 cobra would spin the wheels real easy also, that is why i would drive it with the traction control 'on' unless i wanted to have some fun. how are you driving the car, with it on or off? does it still work as intended with all the extra power or is it now pretty much usless? i have a friend who did a bunch of changes to his 04 cobra [now 464 hp at wheels] and he says his traction control now seems to way over react, making it really kill the motor.

thanks

Its always off. I persoanlly feel that TCS could actually get somebody who knows how to drive hurt. A good driver knows how a car is going to react. I dont need a backseat driver grabbing my throttle all the time. It just screws me up. The car to me is MORE contollable with it off. Ive noticed when its on, sometimes it stops it from spinning and sometimes the power just overules it. Thats not what i call a safety net. If people gt used to driving hard with it on and then you never know when its gonna malfunction sending you into the next ditch.

Its always off. I persoanlly feel that TCS could actually get somebody who knows how to drive hurt. A good driver knows how a car is going to react. I dont need a backseat driver grabbing my throttle all the time. It just screws me up. The car to me is MORE contollable with it off. Ive noticed when its on, sometimes it stops it from spinning and sometimes the power just overules it. Thats not what i call a safety net. If people gt used to driving hard with it on and then you never know when its gonna malfunction sending you into the next ditch.

I'm with you, I don't use the traction control unless it's wet and I am on a winding road with a lot of curves... I don't like the feeling of the traction control when it is activated.... it's like trying to lock your brakes up and do a skid but you forgot that you have anti-lock brakes.....

Archived