TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Want to buy

Kail Kattarn

Hi guys! At once I want to apologize for my bad English as it not is my native language. I am from Russia. I want to buy Mustang very much, models especially interest Ford Mustang I (1967-1968), Shelby GT500 1967-69, Ford Mustang I (1971-1973). In Russia it is not enough such cars and they are madly expensive, therefore I want to buy one, which were in the use, but in a good condition. And to transport to Russia as a curiosity. In Russia already to restore and make all necessary. I will be glad, if you will help me to find the car.

:lurk:

Hi guys! At once I want to apologize for my bad English as it not is my native language. I am from Russia. I want to buy Mustang very much, models especially interest Ford Mustang I (1967-1968), Shelby GT500 1967-69, Ford Mustang I (1971-1973). In Russia it is not enough such cars and they are madly expensive, therefore I want to buy one, which were in the use, but in a good condition. And to transport to Russia as a curiosity. In Russia already to restore and make all necessary. I will be glad, if you will help me to find the car.

Okay folks, this person seems sincere. Let's all be respectful of his request and not make fun of it. If you can or are willing to help, great. If not, then just give him good advice or don't say anything at all. Just remember that Mustang lovers are global and we should be greatful that it's easy for us to locate one and inspect it before we spend the money to buy it. This fellow has to rely on the kindness and honesty of people that he may never meet to help him find a Mustang so put yourself in his shoes.

Okay folks, this person seems sincere. Let's all be respectful of his request and not make fun of it. If you can or are willing to help, great. If not, then just give him good advice or don't say anything at all. Just remember that Mustang lovers are global and we should be greatful that it's easy for us to locate one and inspect it before we spend the money to buy it. This fellow has to rely on the kindness and honesty of people that he may never meet to help him find a Mustang so put yourself in his shoes.

$ 10,000 US dollars for a restored or unrestored Shelby Mustang or Mach 1 ,still seems alittle low in price maybe he should try ebay or somewhere else ,if there is a real unrestored or restored 1967-69 Shelby mustangs out there under $ 10,000,I want to buy it.

10 000 no more

is it real?

Is it realistic? (I assume you mean)?

No sir.

Sir, $10,000 USD is not very much money here in the States. At least reletively speaking and reletive to a Vehicle/Car.

Older (1965-1969) era Shelby Mustangs in restored condition will cost you upwards of 10 times that ($100,000.oo USD).

A modern brand new Mustang 5.0 is selling for just over $30,000.oo USD so that gives you some idea of how much $10,000 USD is worth.

Hope That Helps (HTH),

Phill Pollard - Colorado, USA

Good Driver / Restorable 1965 to 1973 Mustangs can be had for $10,000.00

Oh, I absolutely agree! But I also note that you say:

Point 1: "good driver/RESTORABLE"

AND

Point 2: (Plain Jane) "Mustang"

Take a peek at his original post. He gives us a idea of what he's looking for which is "especially interest(ed in) Ford Mustang I (1967-1968), SHELBY GT500 1967-68, Ford Mustang I (1971-1973)."

He puts a Shelby GT500 in there so I *ASS-U-ME" (and you know what they say about making a ASS out of U and ME) he's not looking for a Plain Jane 67-68 Mustang or a Plain Jane '71-'73 Mustang. More likely, he's looking for a "special model" (GTA, Calif. Special, Boss 302, Boss 351, etc. etc. etc). Then with his later years ('71-'73) I'm going out on a limb and say that I think he's again, looking for more than a plain jane (Mach 1, GT500, GTA, etc.).

Again, I ASSUME, and I'll be the first to admit that I am ASSUMING a TON, and I'm primarily assuming that only because he lumps the Shelby GT500 in the middle of his choices. If he's just hoping to find a '67-'68 Mustang Coupe or Fastback or a '71-'73 plain jane, he's going from one end of the spectrum (i.e. a plain jane Mustang) all the way over to the other end (a Shelby GT500!).

I mean...come on, there's one HELL of a swing from a Mustang to a Shelby....and at that, a Shelby GT500. Even a "restorable" GT500 is going to get WAYYYYYY more than $10K. Even a total rust bucket or parts car will fetch >$10K.

I also see where he says, "In Russia it is not enough such cars and they are madly expensive" which I translate to mean, in Russia these cars are extreamly rare so that makes them EXTREAMLY EXPENSIVE.

He continues: "therefore I want to buy one, which were in the use but in good condition". My Russian is pretty limited but I translate that to mean "I want to buy a car that WAS a driver (and is not now) but is in good enough condition to be restored" and I will ship it to Russia because it will be "a curiosity" (a car everyone wants to look at/see) and I will restore it in Russia with whatever is necessary to do so.

QUOTE-

"especially interest Ford Mustang I (1967-1968), Shelby GT500 1967-69, Ford Mustang I (1971-1973). In Russia it is not enough such cars and they are madly expensive, therefore I want to buy one, which were in the use, but in a good condition. And to transport to Russia as a curiosity. In Russia already to restore and make all necessary. I will be glad, if you will help me to find the car.

And ya gotta admit, the dudes English is a million times better than pretty much ALL of our Russian skills put together! LOL

I applaud him for his efforts and maybe, just maybe he'll find a car something close to what he's looking for. I have my doubts as far as a GT500 but he should be able to find a nice little '65-'66 Fastback that he can "clone" to look like a Shelby GT350 or maybe a '67-'68/'69 that he can make look SOMETHING like a GT500 (my opinion: It'd be MUCH easier to replacate a 350 than a 500).

Good luck my fellow Shelby Mustang fan, and Russian at that!

He is proof that fanatisisium is indeed, a International sickness! <lol>

Phill Pollard - 2010 GT500

Colorado, USA

Hi guys! At once I want to apologize for my bad English as it not is my native language. I am from Russia.

Deal Kail Kattarn, (an Russian Shelby/Mustang fan),

Please do not feel that you need to apologize for your English skills, or lack thereof.

Your English is better than all of the Russian I could ever hope to read or write, let alone SPEAK!

Just bear with us and we (I) will bear with you, as best I can. For the most part we are all a pretty decent group here and there are many Team Shelby forum members that hail from countries other than the USA. You are not alone.

Thanks for the interest,

Phill Pollard (A fellow Shelby/Mustang fanatic) - 2010 Shelby GT500

Colorado Springs, Colorado-USA

I found one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1967-SHELBY-MUSTANG-TRANS-AM-COUPE-REPLICA-/170523117910?pt=US_Cars_Trucks

but i can't register on e-bay. could you help me to connect with sellor?

And i have one question more : what do you think about transporting car from USA to RUSSIA? IS it real? Expensive?

Thank you for answers

I found one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1967-SHELBY-MUSTANG-TRANS-AM-COUPE-REPLICA-/170523117910?pt=US_Cars_Trucks

And i have one question more : what do you think about transporting car from USA to RUSSIA? IS it real? Expensive?

Thank you for answers

Around 1500usd for a car going from Los Angeles to Amsterdam was the last quote I received.

Your going to have to pay to have it shipped to a port, then shipped to you. The truck shipping can range in prices based on your time frame and the trailer type. Then the freight from the port to the final destination would depend on where the port is. There are companies in the US that specialize in over seas auto transport, you could probably find a few that would even broker the deal for you as well (for a percentage of course).

I found one

Thank you for answers

Pardon my cynicism, but if the next post is "I'll arrange for my agent to pick it up and pay you double", I told you so.

Pardon my cynicism, but if the next post is "I'll arrange for my agent to pick it up and pay you double", I told you so.

Yep, I was thinkin' the same thing as soon as I saw the "can someone hook me up".

Be very careful guys.

Phill

I concur. I thought that he sounded sincere in his first post, but his last post concerns me now.

Kail, please tell us why you can't register at Ebay?

Yep, I was thinkin' the same thing as soon as I saw the "can someone hook me up".

Be very careful guys.

Phill

Buckle your seatbelts guys... the next post might come from a former KGB or Politburo mucky muck who wants a "good deal" too!.hysterical.gif

Opulence, I has it. I has best of everything, so whens I see DirecTV has more channels for less? I jumps in it! (Kiss pigmy giraffe) :hysterical::hysterical:

Dang I love that commercial!!!

Aaaannnyways. I just got an email from a guy in Nigeria. Hes got like 9 million dollars and its all mine, he doesnt even want it! All i had to do was send him like 20 grand to show Im serious!!

You mean this one Warren? :hysterical:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMsSIjQXxo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMsSIjQXxo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMsSIjQXxo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I loves thees comericial too!

Aaaannnyways. I just got an email from a guy in Nigeria. Hes got like 9 million dollars and its all mine, he doesnt even want it! All i had to do was send him like 20 grand to show Im serious!!

YOU TOO!?

Dang, we must be related.

I didn't even know I had Nigerian Royalty in my blood.

Phill

Archived