TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4 Weeks 4 K Miles

John  Allen

Well had the car 4 weeks now and have put 4k miles on it. It's surpassing all expectations shift.gif . Spent two weeks in the Colorado high country on high mountain passes above 10 to 12 thousand feet elevation. The car handles beautifully, performance is scary, and even gets 24 mpg. It definately has way more capabilities than I have skills to match, but man what fun. Two mods so far, Shelby signature floor mats and light bar. Don't need anything else. happy%20feet.gif Finally got time to take some pics.

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01845-1.jpg

DSC01844-1.jpg

DSC01842-1.jpg

DSC01837-1.jpg

DSC01843-1.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

DSC01841.jpg

24MPG!?!? I have had mine for just under 5 weeks and I just turned 4k miles today.. Im averaging 17.4 as we speak. Congrats to you on your ability to conserve! These cars are undoubtedly fun to drive, as a 23 year old I need to be careful not to get a ticket on account o'tha insurance.

Did your paint come as swirled as it looks in the picture of the cobra logo. To the left of the cobra it looks pretty bad.

I'm only asking because I had to get my grabber blue buffed out(on the dealers dime) for coming in pretty swirled. Looks perfect now but it used to look pretty bad under certain angles in the sunlight from up close. I've heard that a lot of cars have come in looking like that. Maybe they used the same sandy towel on mine and yours.

24MPG!?!? I have had mine for just under 5 weeks and I just turned 4k miles today.. Im averaging 17.4 as we speak. Congrats to you on your ability to conserve! These cars are undoubtedly fun to drive, as a 23 year old I need to be careful not to get a ticket on account o'tha insurance.

I got 24mpg 3 times and all 3 were cruise control and 65mph for most of the tank. Otherwise I'm around 17.5 and 18.

Did your paint come as swirled as it looks in the picture of the cobra logo. To the left of the cobra it looks pretty bad.

I'm only asking because I had to get my grabber blue buffed out(on the dealers dime) for coming in pretty swirled. Looks perfect now but it used to look pretty bad under certain angles in the sunlight from up close. I've heard that a lot of cars have come in looking like that. Maybe they used the same sandy towel on mine and yours.

I don't know what that is. When I saw it in the picture I went rite to the car to see and it looks fine. I do have some paint blemishes however on the hood, left rear 1/4, and rear deck lid. It's perfectly round tennis ball size spots of blue mica chips in the black. The car has to be perfectly clean and in the sunlight just right to see it. It appears that the previous car painted must have been blue and the robot wasn't cleaned completely. Looking under magnification it is easy to see what that it's blue mica. It's not noticeable enough to warrant repair.

I don't know what that is. When I saw it in the picture I went rite to the car to see and it looks fine. I do have some paint blemishes however on the hood, left rear 1/4, and rear deck lid. It's perfectly round tennis ball size spots of blue mica chips in the black. The car has to be perfectly clean and in the sunlight just right to see it. It appears that the previous car painted must have been blue and the robot wasn't cleaned completely. Looking under magnification it is easy to see what that it's blue mica. It's not noticeable enough to warrant repair.

It's the same thing as mine was. Direct sunlight and certain angles from very close or from the flash of a camera. Good news is they all appear to be coming the same way and are very easily buffed out. I was just too damn picky to not get it buffed out.

Well had the car 4 weeks now and have put 4k miles on it. It's surpassing all expectations shift.gif . Spent two weeks in the Colorado high country on high mountain passes above 10 to 12 thousand feet elevation. The car handles beautifully, performance is scary, and even gets 24 mpg. It definately has way more capabilities than I have skills to match, but man what fun. Two mods so far, Shelby signature floor mats and light bar. Don't need anything else. happy%20feet.gif Finally got time to take some pics.

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01845-1.jpg

DSC01844-1.jpg

DSC01842-1.jpg

DSC01837-1.jpg

DSC01843-1.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

DSC01841.jpg

Wow I like that color combo a lot, especially with the red snakes!! Congrats!!

I got 24mpg 3 times and all 3 were cruise control and 65mph for most of the tank. Otherwise I'm around 17.5 and 18.

3 weeks ago we took a trip from Co. Springs, CO to Las Vegas, NV, all Interstate freeways.

We go North on I-25 to C-470, West on 470 to I-70, West on 70 until it turns into 15, then take 15 right into Vegas.

I drive AT the limit up to 5 over. Most of the way it's 75mph so I was mostly between 75 and 80 mph.

I got a steady/constant 25mph, both ways.

That includes going over the Rockies (the tunnel is at 11,000' ASL), climbing steeply in one direction and *slowly* desending on the Western Slope down to Vegas (NO idea what the altitude is there).

Around town about the WORST I get is 16 mpg.

And I don't pussyfoot around. I never got "crazy" with the speedo (was TEMPTED a couple of times) but I use every on-ramp like a dragstrip and make sure I'm "up to speed" LONG before I merge onto the freeway.

The *only* problem I have with the car and gas mileage is the size of the gas tank. I have to make 3 gas stops between CoS and LV instead of the 2 gas stops I have to make in my GMC truck or my wife's MBZ SUV. Actually, only 1 *stop* in my truck (Green River UT) but I pull into Vegas on E. The Benz stops in Green River and Mesquite (but we could make it to LV "on fumes").

Phill

3 weeks ago we took a trip from Co. Springs, CO to Las Vegas, NV, all Interstate freeways.

We go North on I-25 to C-470, West on 470 to I-70, West on 70 until it turns into 15, then take 15 right into Vegas.

I drive AT the limit up to 5 over. Most of the way it's 75mph so I was mostly between 75 and 80 mph.

I got a steady/constant 25mph, both ways.

That includes going over the Rockies (the tunnel is at 11,000' ASL), climbing steeply in one direction and *slowly* desending on the Western Slope down to Vegas (NO idea what the altitude is there).

Around town about the WORST I get is 16 mpg.

And I don't pussyfoot around. I never got "crazy" with the speedo (was TEMPTED a couple of times) but I use every on-ramp like a dragstrip and make sure I'm "up to speed" LONG before I merge onto the freeway.

The *only* problem I have with the car and gas mileage is the size of the gas tank. I have to make 3 gas stops between CoS and LV instead of the 2 gas stops I have to make in my GMC truck or my wife's MBZ SUV. Actually, only 1 *stop* in my truck (Green River UT) but I pull into Vegas on E. The Benz stops in Green River and Mesquite (but we could make it to LV "on fumes").

Phill

We left Pine last Sat and are in New York now (1500 miles so far). Got 24 mpg all the way to Indy. From Indy on the Premium gas is 93 octane unlike our 91 in Colorado. Milage increased imediately to 24.75 - 25 mpg. Why isn't our gas 93??? Having a great time except the clutch is going out (covered in a different thread). We still have 4000 miles to get home so hope I can baby the glutch that far.

John

Archived