TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sturgis Mustang Rally 2010

dsastang67

Anyone else going to the SMR? I am heading out from Rochester, MN on Thursday about 7:00am. We are going to try to stop at the Telstar Shelby Museum and the Badlands on the way to Sturgis. Post if you are going, I will look for you at the rally.

http://www.sturgismustangrally.com

http://www.telstarmotors.com

I would love to go but won't know till the week before. I think all the hotels are booked up but if I do decided to go hopefully the police have a sleeping dorm. I can crash there if they let me we do that for outside cops if we can't get him a room or if a cop has an apt in the city. If worse comes to worse FD should come thru.

I would love to go but won't know till the week before. I think all the hotels are booked up but if I do decided to go hopefully the police have a sleeping dorm. I can crash there if they let me we do that for outside cops if we can't get him a room or if a cop has an apt in the city. If worse comes to worse FD should come thru.

As of yesterday, there were still a few rooms left at the Star Lite in Sturgis at around $60 or $70 a night.

I called Telstar today. They would like to leave for Stugis by Noon on Thursday also. If you want a tour, it is recommended to give them a call and set up an approximate time. Last year we just stopped in and they were more than willing to give us the tour.

We are also staying at the Holiday Inn in Stugis.

Yes we are going also,Will be leaving La Crosse Wi early Thursday along with two other couples,we will be driving our Black 07SGT #1233 that has crome Shelby Razors.

Hi Cobra78,

I met you at the Hansens Hold Up on the Winona Run. Glad to see you are going to Sturgis. Can't wait to see the Shelby.

Hi Cobra78,

I met you at the Hansens Hold Up on the Winona Run. Glad to see you are going to Sturgis. Can't wait to see the Shelby.

Hi dsastang, I thought that might have been you guy's, Your right I did have the Cobra for that run It didn't look very good with all that rain that we had that day,The last two years I have taken the Cobra on the Winona Run but I save the Shelby for the real serious Runs. Hope to see you at Sturgis.

I will be there. I'm not bringing the Shelby, but will probably drive the Hot Rod Lincoln up there. Just coming as a spectator this year with a bunch of my friends from the Denver Mustang Club. I think that we will head out of Denver on the 1st.

We will be going again this year. My wife and I have been going since SMR #1. We will be leaving Appleton, WI 5:00 AM on September 2, and driving straight through.

If you took the Shelby last year, I think we may have followed you for a bit on the Interstate heading home. We had a silver 2010 V6 Convertible.

If you took the Shelby last year, I think we may have followed you for a bit on the Interstate heading home. We had a silver 2010 V6 Convertible.

Yup, we had the Shelby last year. We took second place for our class in the Show and Shine too.

We will be leaving Missoula, MT Thursday afternoon and spending that night in Billings, MT. We will leave Billings Friday morning for Sturgis, so hopefully get there around noon. We will be driving our Red & White '07 GT500 and travelling with some friends that will be driving a Vista Blue and Gray GT500. Should be a fun trip! Looking forward to seeing all the cars!

I know last year some people washed their cars in the parking lots of the hotels. Anyone know if the hotels supplied the hose or if we should bring our own?

No sense in dragging hoses along. If the hotels do n't provide one I'm sure I could shake loose with a hose, bucket, etc.

I know last year some people washed their cars in the parking lots of the hotels. Anyone know if the hotels supplied the hose or if we should bring our own?

You should bring one just in case !!! Also if you guys all staying together and if is a LEO he could ask P.D or F.D if you guys can wash your cars their. If not, I can call down there for you guys and try to hook you guys up it worth a shot instead of fighting over a hose. I can't go have to visit the doctors for my 4 month evalutions but maybe going to a rubber room it's nice and quiet there :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a Great time the poker run was about 225 miles through the Black Hills of SD and Wyo-Mt Rushmore/Sitting Bull memorials-Great weather if you weren' t there you should have been-neat cars[all years] show-n-shine,drags,autocross---these are Mustang people that put this together-and they do an awesome job. Put next year on your bucket list.

Had a Great time the poker run was about 225 miles through the Black Hills of SD and Wyo-Mt Rushmore/Sitting Bull memorials-Great weather if you weren' t there you should have been-neat cars[all years] show-n-shine,drags,autocross---these are Mustang people that put this together-and they do an awesome job. Put next year on your bucket list.

+1 I would not be driving 1,600+ miles round trip if was not worth it!! We will be going back for our fifth time next year!

Archived