TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a SGT steering wheel emblem to cover the Mustang Emblem on My SGT

I am trying to purchase a SGT steering wheel emlem that covers the original mustang emblem.Seems simple............ I purchased one from the Shelby store to cover the Trunk emblem and it looks great but they do not carry the one for the steering wheel.........anyone have any thoughts

several options.... I had one made, or you can get a saleen cap and have a decal made.

+1 Get the Saleen cap but buy one of these:

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy01.asp?T1=MU7+01&Category=Stripes+%26+Decals&subCategory=&CatKey=EMUSTANG

Now I see they are officially licensed these are the best option bar none! Unlike other that are paper this is metallic film and look GREAT!

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

Thanks for the link, so that logo fits over the current pony logo then the Shelby logo fits over that?? What am I missing here?

I don't know... I really like the Berg Shelby gas cap. It also is cool on the steering wheel, but I like my pony, too. The tri-bar on the grill, the one on windshield and the steering wheel. Seems to fit the car better, to me.

Just my $.02

Dan

• 4 months later...

Found this thread. Glad you guys already figured this out and shared it. I ordered the Saleen cap and Cobra sticker (two of them just in case I get one crooked - they were only $6). Sounds easy - just stick the saleen cap on, and then add the Cobra sticker over the flat saleen surface? The pony emblem on the steering wheel is raised at the pony - I assume the Saleen cap accomodates this? Thanks, Casey

Found this thread. Glad you guys already figured this out and shared it. I ordered the Saleen cap and Cobra sticker (two of them just in case I get one crooked - they were only $6). Sounds easy - just stick the saleen cap on, and then add the Cobra sticker over the flat saleen surface? The pony emblem on the steering wheel is raised at the pony - I assume the Saleen cap accomodates this? Thanks, Casey

You got it!

The hardest part is centering the sticker so it's good you bought two!

;-)

Hi Casey,

You receive two sided tape with a cutout for the pony emblem...........then the saleen cap fits right over it and you apply your label....................Attached is a picture of mine.......Good Luck ..............Tony

I bought the Sebring Cobra emblem and placed it on the Saleen emblem and took a black felt fine tip Sharpie and traced the border to black out the red Saleen emblem that was coming out about 1/32 inch in 4 corners. It looks absolutely professional. It's easy to do and is easily removable. Sorry I don't have a picture because my car is in the shop. The Sebring cobra emblem is the same one from the 1965 and 1966 GT-350.

Hi Casey,

You receive two sided tape with a cutout for the pony emblem...........then the saleen cap fits right over it and you apply your label....................Attached is a picture of mine.......Good Luck ..............Tony

Thanks Tony - now I understand. Thanks everyone - I will let you know how it turns out for me. Casey

That looks like the wheel that was sold for $999 plus a $200 core charge.

Alliance Technology

http://www.stwheel.com/

800-926-4959

The web site looks to be dead haven't called the number. Maybe the business has been picked up by someone else?

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

I got the Saleen cap and Cobra sticker yesterday. Very easy mod. Looks great! And cheap! I highly recommend, and thank you folks for steering me towards the easy way to do it. Took me at most 15 minutes. Casey

• 2 years later...