TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Parking lights stayng on after car is shut off and keys removed

I think you can adjust that.

Mine will stay on for maybe 30 seconds after getting out of the car, but go off as I put the car cover on.

Discovered the problem. The electrical plug came loose from light switch. Go figure. Everything back to normal.

Discovered the problem. The electrical plug came loose from light switch. Go figure. Everything back to normal.

Glad you found the problem...I wasn't trying to be smart by suggesting checking the switch to make sure it was in the off position...someone on here had map lights that were staying on and when I suggested they check the switch, it was discovered that the rotating dial had been pushed up to turn the lights on....sometimes we overlook simple things...

Glad you found the problem...I wasn't trying to be smart by suggesting checking the switch to make sure it was in the off position...someone on here had map lights that were staying on and when I suggested they check the switch, it was discovered that the rotating dial had been pushed up to turn the lights on....sometimes we overlook simple things...

A good friend of mine has taught me to always start with the simple things. Murphy has a way of showing up at just the right time. For example how many people have put new starters in only to find out later it was the ground.

Good find!

Archived