TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS

tpenziner

In 2010, I thought Ford changed to valve stem sensor vs. the band type in previous years. I'm not sure if the sensors are interchangeable with the car, but you should be able put the new sensor on the Alcos. The older sensors, to me, are a waste. All they tell you is if you're under pressure. They don't tell you the actual tire pressure. I don't know if the newer set-up is better.

I would like to know how to turn the whole system off.

In 2010, I thought Ford changed to valve stem sensor vs. the band type in previous years. I'm not sure if the sensors are interchangeable with the car, but you should be able put the new sensor on the Alcos. The older sensors, to me, are a waste. All they tell you is if you're under pressure. They don't tell you the actual tire pressure. I don't know if the newer set-up is better.

I would like to know how to turn the whole system off.

I am learning in this area so have no direction. I too would like to see the light go away. When I have track wheels on the car I see the light for weeks!

Good luck!

I had an '08 GT500, and when I sold it, I kept my CCW wheels to put on my new '10. As mentioned, the TMPS sensors from the older (07-09) cars do NOT work with the '10-'11 cars, you do need to change to the new style.

I was trying to "train" my '10 with the old band-style sensors and it wouldn't work, that's how I discovered the "issue"

The training tool still works on the new cars, just the sensors are not compatible...

Bought 4 new sensors and stems and the warning light is gone...

I had an '08 GT500, and when I sold it, I kept my CCW wheels to put on my new '10. As mentioned, the TMPS sensors from the older (07-09) cars do NOT work with the '10-'11 cars, you do need to change to the new style.

I was trying to "train" my '10 with the old band-style sensors and it wouldn't work, that's how I discovered the "issue"

The training tool still works on the new cars, just the sensors are not compatible...

Bought 4 new sensors and stems and the warning light is gone...

Thank you for confirmation on this. How much are new sensors?

Archived