TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help with VIN and build date

stevedm

So I have a build date on August 23rd but no VIN. I called my dealer and was told he had a partial VIN but would not get the full one until this Friday when the build order/date was finalized. Apparently this happens just before your build?

Called svt hotline today and they said the same thing....we have your build date but cannot get a VIN until several more days.

My question is how is everyone getting their vins so early...several people have there vins but no build date even. What am I missing? The dealer is a family friend so I believe him.....

Thanks,

Stephen

So I have a build date on August 23rd but no VIN. I called my dealer and was told he had a partial VIN but would not get the full one until this Friday when the build order/date was finalized. Apparently this happens just before your build?

Called svt hotline today and they said the same thing....we have your build date but cannot get a VIN until several more days.

My question is how is everyone getting their vins so early...several people have there vins but no build date even. What am I missing? The dealer is a family friend so I believe him.....

Thanks,

Stephen

first time for me---dont know how they could track the car w/o a VIN.That comes first,then a few weeks after that they "buck" the car,ie get all the parts scheduled and establish a build dateHave you seen the DORAeort on your car,thats the first thing that happens when Ford accepts the order--when did you order the car

first time for me---dont know how they could track the car w/o a VIN.That comes first,then a few weeks after that they "buck" the car,ie get all the parts scheduled and establish a build dateHave you seen the DORAeort on your car,thats the first thing that happens when Ford accepts the order--when did you order the car

I have the Dora...got it the day I ordered on July 7. Ford tracks the car with an order number and the dealer ID number. This is the second time I called the svt number and both times was told about the same thing. I would love to hear from someone with a vin and no build or even a build date after mine.

I have the Dora...got it the day I ordered on July 7. Ford tracks the car with an order number and the dealer ID number. This is the second time I called the svt number and both times was told about the same thing. I would love to hear from someone with a vin and no build or even a build date after mine.

I called Ford Customer Service to get my VIN and info on my car. 1-800-392-3673 option 5. My build is supposed to be around 8/26.

Did you order a coupe or convertible?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen,

This is exactly how it worked with my car. I had a partial VIN and build date. My car was built on June 21 and the invoiced was prepared on Thursday the 17 just two days before. I dont think there are many people getting VINs much earlier than that. The timing seems normal and the dealer is shooting you straight.

Dan

Archived