TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby recognition

thewheelman

Pulled in at Sonic last night and 3 very cute, very young, very tan ladies got out of a car across the way to go show what appeared to be photo albums to someone in a car behind us. As they walked by, one leaned over and said, "I love your car." Which pleased me and my wife reminded me they were admiring the car, not me. But as they passed the rear of the car, one said to the other, "See, it is a Shelby." Wow, these are 15, maybe 16 year old girls who recognize the car. No boys around, one of their dad's was driving them--he may have mentioned it, but the wife and I were discussing it on the way home and she said, that's cool that even those kids recognize it for what it is. So, whether there's 1000 of them or 30000 of them, they're making an impact on a whole new generation!

I love being a part of history!

I get ALL KINDS of varying responses to my car. I get, most of the time, "That's Cool" and a thumbs up. One time in slow moving traffic both directions in our small downtown, a young kid stuck his head out the drivers window as he passed me crawling by in traffic, and said, "Dude, that is my dream car!" I shouted back to him....."It was mine too!" He smiled and said, "That color combo, exactly!"

One time a month or so ago, when in the car with my wife, a guy pulled up behind us at a stoplight, and leaned up over his steering wheel and took a pic. of the 'ass-end'. As the light turned green, he came around the pass. side, (our windows down) and said, "I've never seen one of these!!" Now this guy was about, oh...60ish, and was driving a new F150. The one I have a hard time believing, is the two times on seperate occasions that a police officer has made a comment and thumbs up, at stop lights.

These cars surely do garner attention. Especially up here in Canada! I agree....whether it's 1000 or 30000, they are still NOT run-of-the mill Camry's or Accord's! I personally think that the menacing over-the-top stripes have alot to do with the attraction!? This is largely the appeal of driving a SHELBY. Selfishly!

Bikeboy

A few months back a couple of teenagers cut us off at a stop light to take pictures of our Terlingua. We were waiting in "pole position" for the green and they went around in the turning lane to pull in front of us in diagonal onto the crosswalk. They used one of those Flip cameras and then gave us a huge double thumbs up. It was pretty cool....

A few months back a couple of teenagers cut us off at a stop light to take pictures of our Terlingua. We were waiting in "pole position" for the green and they went around in the turning lane to pull in front of us in diagonal onto the crosswalk. They used one of those Flip cameras and then gave us a huge double thumbs up. It was pretty cool....

I gotta think if your car and my White/Blue stripe 500 coupe were parked along side each other, all day longggg, people would go right up to yours first!! :)

Pulled in at Sonic last night and 3 very cute, very young, very tan ladies got out of a car across the way to go show what appeared to be photo albums to someone in a car behind us. As they walked by, one leaned over and said, "I love your car." Which pleased me and my wife reminded me they were admiring the car, not me. But as they passed the rear of the car, one said to the other, "See, it is a Shelby." Wow, these are 15, maybe 16 year old girls who recognize the car. No boys around, one of their dad's was driving them--he may have mentioned it, but the wife and I were discussing it on the way home and she said, that's cool that even those kids recognize it for what it is. So, whether there's 1000 of them or 30000 of them, they're making an impact on a whole new generation!

This is the fun you get when Shelbys are driven. I drive my SGT everday, everywhere, and almost everytime I'll get some type of favorable comment. I can appreciate the owners whose Shelbys have become "garage and trailer queens" and worry about the "value" of their cars BUT, the handling, styling and driving experiences is where the true value is with these cars. Each to his own, but I perfer driving the car.

I get so much of this in my car. I live in the historic district of downtown Savannah, so I am always driving through there at low speed to get home and such. It is funny to see Porsches and Vettes and other cars get over-looked for mine. I have been stopped on the road or in the squares multiple times by people asking about the car. My girlfriend's father, who I met for the first time this past Sunday and who drives a Porsche, loved my car and was very impressed by what it offered for the money. The great thing is that in Savannah there are only about 8-10 GT500s that I know about for sure, and only 3 of those are 2010+ models. Mine is definitely out the most...lol.

I gotta think if your car and my White/Blue stripe 500 coupe were parked along side each other, all day longggg, people would go right up to yours first!! :)

Yeah the Terlingua is much more "flashy". But I would think that anybody older than 30 would prefer yours to mine. :baby:

It is nice to hear the positive comments from other people. For the first time ever someone, tonight, knew exactly what my car is "whoa, is that a real CS6?"..usually it's just "sic car", "that's what I'm talking about" or "cool. a Shelby" ......I think my favourite one so far though, from a young boy at a car show "now that just screams I am Sex on Wheels" - from the mouthes of babes huh?

Cool stuff Hal, thanks for sharing.

Marji told me about an article she read talking about the growing number of women driving muscle cars. The Shelby Mustang and Dodge Charger R/T being the top choices. Women driving a Shelby is pretty dang sexy to me.

Cool stuff Hal, thanks for sharing.

Marji told me about an article she read talking about the growing number of women driving muscle cars. The Shelby Mustang and Dodge Charger R/T being the top choices. Women driving a Shelby is pretty dang sexy to me.

Like this happy%20feet.gif

post-8727-128153594559_thumb.jpg

post-8727-128153598591_thumb.jpg

Gregg

07SGT0547

post-8727-128153594559_thumb.jpg

post-8727-128153598591_thumb.jpg

But there are those that don't even have a clue............

Stopped to get gas the other day (not my normel station) and the young man said, "Wow, I didn't know they even made Shelby's anymore". :doh:

I just chuckled and said "Yep, they do". I thought is was rather funny.

Hoping not to offend you or your lovely wife..............YES, like that. Definitely sexy to me.

Dan,

No offense taken, my friend... And if you look closely at the top picture, you will see Reg's 2007 SuperSnake in the background... His wife, Mary and Esther were trying to keep together in the staging lines so they could "match race" beside each other... As it turned out, someone dropped out just ahead of Esther, and it messed things up by just one car :banghead:

Maybe there needs to be a "Powder Puff" group added to the Open Track sessions this time around??? Talk about bragging rights :slapfight:

See you in January!

Gregg

07SGT0547

I have spoken to the old lady about people taking photo's of my SGT. A month does not go by that some ones cell phone comes out and it's a photo session or (one time) a video taken on I-95 of the SGT. She just did not get what I was talking about until she was in the Shelby and a guy driving a F-150 RT. Lane basically stuck his head out his window and said - Damn, that is beautiful. As she turn to me and before she could say anyting, I said - :hysterical3: TOLD YA.

This past week, I drove up to NY from NC and back - DID NOT see ONE SGT - I call that Priceless. Why, because it's a SHELBY!!!

Dan,

No offense taken, my friend... And if you look closely at the top picture, you will see Reg's 2007 SuperSnake in the background... His wife, Mary and Esther were trying to keep together in the staging lines so they could "match race" beside each other... As it turned out, someone dropped out just ahead of Esther, and it messed things up by just one car :banghead:

Maybe there needs to be a "Powder Puff" group added to the Open Track sessions this time around??? Talk about bragging rights :slapfight:

See you in January!

Gregg

07SGT0547

You don't need a "Powder Puff" division, just encourage more women to race. I raced a Super Stock Plymouth 1963-1965, and a Super Stock AMX in 1969-1970.

4 speed car Factory sponsored. Held the NHRA Record back then at 10.23. Remember that 10.23 was 40 years ago, no concrete starting line or traction compound. I still own the Plymouth. It sits in the garage next to my Shelby GT500

Edited by janetatp

You don't need a "Powder Puff" division, just encourage more women to race. I raced a Super Stock Plymouth 1963-1965, and a Super Stock AMX in 1969-1970.

4 speed car Factory sponsored. Held the NHRA Record back then at 10.23. Remember that 10.23 was 40 years ago, no concrete starting line or traction compound. I still own the Plymouth. It sits in the garage next to my Shelby GT500

WOW! Quite impressive , you go girl. I guess the Shelby is fast to?

What a great story. I think Team Shelby should start highlighting some of the TS members who have such an interesting background. The drag times of the 60's compared to now, shows just how far technology has taken the sport. Maybe you could share a little more information about your drag racing days? regards, Larry