TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Needs Replacement Again

It's been almost two years to the day since I had my hood scoop replaced under warranty. Since then the entire hood (with attached stripes and scoop) have been sitting in the attic of my house wrapped in bubble wrap and foam sheets. I figured I'd better check on its condition since the warranty is about to expire and sure enough, it needs to be fixed again. The hood scoop is warped on the driver's side edge where it meets the stripe and the the same stripe is wrinkled at the front driver's corner of the scoop. This amazes me since the hood hasn't seen the light of day in two years as it sat protected from the dust and elements. Oh well, I guess the good news is that there are better replacement materials in use these days. I'll post pics later - probably the same ones to be taken for the warranty claim.

It's been almost two years to the day since I had my hood scoop replaced under warranty. Since then the entire hood (with attached stripes and scoop) have been sitting in the attic of my house wrapped in bubble wrap and foam sheets. I figured I'd better check on its condition since the warranty is about to expire and sure enough, it needs to be fixed again. The hood scoop is warped on the driver's side edge where it meets the stripe and the the same stripe is wrinkled at the front driver's corner of the scoop. This amazes me since the hood hasn't seen the light of day in two years as it sat protected from the dust and elements. Oh well, I guess the good news is that there are better replacement materials in use these days. I'll post pics later - probably the same ones to be taken for the warranty claim.

That stinks!! If your attic gets really hot, that could be enough to cause those problems. I think the scoop issues are more temperature related than anything else.

Kev,

Believe it or not, I was thinking about this and meant to ask when we chatted the other day. I think Tim is right, I'll bet you the heat cycles in your attic is the root cause.

If you can't find anyone in Va. to fix it, I can put you in touch with Auto Arts.

• 3 weeks later...

Kev,

As you know, I've been though this several times, the best thing to do is to take a ton of details pictures including your CSM tag and the VIN tag in the door jamb. Then send an email directly to FPG at the following address; fwrnty@ford.com. I have done this for the last 5 warranty claims and has worked flawlessly every time. I usually give them 3 business days and then follow-up with a phone call. Once I have the approval email I forward the email to the service manager at my local dealership he then sets up the appointment for the repair.

Archived