TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time to be patient

Colleton

Last month I bought a 2011 triple black GT500 with Electronics Pack. To make a long story short, the car had paint issues caused by (I believe) the dealership, and after some agonizing back and forth with them, the dealership ended up unwinding the deal and taking the car back.

Since then I've been looking for another 11, trying to find one within 200-300 miles with the features that I wanted. I've also been weighing the merits of the SVTPP and trying to decide if I want it or not. There are a dozen or so 11s within a reasonable distance, but I've decided on Sterling Gray Metallic and they were all either red, white or black. Mostly red or white. In the end I gave up and ordered one yesterday.

2011 GT500 + Electronics Pack + SVTPP. Sterling Gray Metallic, stripe delete.

I probably have a good 2 months wait ahead of me, but that's OK. I'll be getting exactly what I want.

Still not sure that the SVTPP will be the best choice for a daily driver (harder ride quality), but I want it, so it'll be OK. I've been losing my mind for the last month, hopefully things will be better now.

I can tell you the SVTPP is still a soft ride in my opinion. No way it would be a problem. In fact until I found out about the 2010-11 trans issues i was going to buy one without PP and just add stiffer susp. myself. Its no where near as tight as a shelby gt. By the way.....I LOVE the sterling gray/ stripe delete.....SWEET! Hope they come out with the 2nd gear fix soon. Totaling takes the fun out of this car for now. I had a done deal on a black 2011 w/svtpp and backed out after driving it.

Change of plan...

Decided that I didn't need or really want the SVTPP on a daily driver after all. Esp. if I had to wait another couple of months for the car.

At any rate, this is now sitting in my driveway:

2011 GT500 + Electronics Pack, Sterling Gray Metallic w/black stripes

I was worried about the harder ride and the directional tires (no tire rotation at all) on a daily driver. I think the SVTPP would be perfect for a pleasure (weekend) car or one that will actually see a track.

I am very happy with the car and love the color. It's a classic muscle look. Now if I only had Ray here to take some beauty shots for me... :rofl:

I think I can finally stop pinging off the walls now. Life is good.

I can't find the thread Colleton, but didn't you say your dealer heard they had stopped production on the 2011's?

Have we heard more on this?

-Wingrider

colleton--wheerd you buy it--on the productuon issue, they stopped to tool up for Job2--thats normal.Job creates changes in product theyve learend over the 1st 6months of making this car

Wingrider & Torched10: It was just what the sales manager told me after I'd decided on the non-SVTPP can and completed the purchase.

He had contacted his rep about having the order (nav+svtpp) I'd placed fullfilled so he could get another one on the lot, and was told that 2011 GT500 production was over due to logistics/supply issues. He called a different rep and was told the same thing - production was basically over and that the only dealerships that would be getting cars are those that still have open allocations. Customer orders would most likely not be fulfilled.

I have no idea if this is true or not. The sales manager was pretty PO'd - he obviously believed what his reps told him. Now, if he had said all this before I'd purchased this particular car I'd have written it off to sales pressure eyewash, but he made a point of waiting until AFTER the contracts were signed.

So, I dunno. Maybe someone really in the know can confirm or deny.

Sounds like the dealer DIDNT have ALLOCATION for another car and thought if he put in a RETAIL order that FORD would just go ahead and build it for him. NO GOING TO HAPPEN. Glad you got a car! Ford is building a SHORT run this year. Going to be ALOT of customers MAD at thier dealers when they find out they cant get that RETAIL order pulled.

MM

colleton--wheerd you buy it--on the productuon issue, they stopped to tool up for Job2--thats normal.Job creates changes in product theyve learend over the 1st 6months of making this car

Michael--as a Ford stock owner,Im shocked!! they must be amking at least 20K per car,and its the lead car for the Ford Brand. Guessing orders must be way off,and thy're buidling more inventory than they want,but still.Im wondering if theyve decided to close the plant where they build this car,and build the 2012 somewhere else,uisng the lead time by cutting this years production, to set up somewhere else

Archived