TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is it possable to have Carol Shelby sign my air bag in person

BigDan

I was just wondering if Carol ever does this sort of thing whenever he's at his Las Vegas headquarters for walk in's who make the donation to his charity. I dont live that far away and would love to have The Man sit in my seat and sign my dash. I know I can order the part and then ship it to him but id rather think of the time Carol sat in my seat and personally signed my factory dash every time i'd look at it instead of the feeling of sending away for it.

Thanks

I was just wondering if Carol ever does this sort of thing whenever he's at his Las Vegas headquarters for walk in's who make the donation to his charity. I dont live that far away and would love to have The Man sit in my seat and sign my dash. I know I can order the part and then ship it to him but id rather think of the time Carol sat in my seat and personally signed my factory dash every time i'd look at it instead of the feeling of sending away for it.

Thanks

Big Dan

Its rare that Carroll can actually sit in a car to sign the dash. At over 87 years old and with a lifetime of health issues its not easy for him to climb in and out of cars although he does do it on rare occassions. Besides the strain it puts on him you're also asking him to sign the dash at an akward position that in my opinion would not result in the best looking autograph. Something else to consider is that when Shelby is in Las Vegas he is on a very tight schedule which really allows no time for someone to walk-in for an autograph request.

My advice is to send your dash part to the Shelby Foundation ( www.cscf.org ) along with your donation and ask for the autograph to be personalized with your CSM number. That will forever connect Carroll's autograph to your car. We should all be grateful that Carroll is still with us and willing to do things like this. There will come a time that we will see a lot of posts that start with the words "I should have...."

Steve

We should all be grateful that Carroll is still with us and willing to do things like this. There will come a time that we will see a lot of posts that start with the words "I should have...."

Steve

+1, you are so right !!!

Archived