TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Careful who you buy parts from... obviously!

07SGT5687

Bought some Steeda UDPs from a forum member on MustangForums.com. This is what was posted;

"Item Condition: Brand New

I bought these parts new and a week later a great deal for a supercharger came across so I can't use them with the supercharger. I paid $320 for the BBK throttle body, $210 for the Steeda pulleys and $210 for the JLT CAI from Americanmuscle. They will add over 50HP to your Stang.

I'm selling the JLT CAI for $160 OBO plus S/H. It's brand new. Never installed.

The BBK for $220 OBO plus S/H. It's in like new condition. Still in the box

The Steeda UDP for $160 OBO plus S/H. They're in like new condition. Still in the box."

This is what I got in the mail yesterday. Loosely packaged in a USPS box.

EDIT - I just noticed, is it just me, or in those 1st 2 pics, does the balancer pulley in the background look very much like it's had a belt run around it at least a few time? (wear pattern)

SteedaUDP01.jpgSteedaUDP05.jpgSteedaUDP04.jpgSteedaUDP03.jpgSteedaUDP02.jpg

I tend to be a bit too trusting I guess.

Those Pullies HAVE been installed and that one looks like it was beat off by a hammer............I would make sure that others at that Forum also knows about this.

Will do. I'm waiting for him to respond, but if I don't hear from him soon, then it's a Paypal claim and Mustuangforums FLAME!

Will do. I'm waiting for him to respond, but if I don't hear from him soon, then it's a Paypal claim and Mustuangforums FLAME!

I don't blame you!

The wrinkled paint on the panhard rod I could live with, but those pullies, no way! Doesn't look "Brand new in the box" to me...

No way those pulleys are new... Totally used, and abused...

I wouldn't accept that panhard bar either, unless they refund you some cash...

Sucks you have to waste your time now because of it...

Hope you get it all straighened out without too much hassle!!

I've revised this thread to remove the issue about the panhard rod. Apparently whomever was answering their emails today was not "in the right". I got a hold of Matt over there by phone and he agreed to send me a new, non-flawed one if I ship other other one back. Fair enough and he was gracious and apologetic.

To those that saw the original post, please disregard as they've taken care of the issue as I'd have hoped they would have from the start.

Now on to this Pulley Guy... :censored::rant2::banghead:

Stating the obvious here but those pullies are definitely used...either that or it's the worst case of transit damage you're likely to see, in which case more careful packaging should have been used...bubble wrap is cheap.

Hope you get it resolved.

agree. Pretty much only two things in life I won't tolerate....a thief and a liar! Good thing I am not opinionated.

Hope it gets resolved... :banghead:

I regularly note the differences between this forum and other Mustang groups.

Team Shelby members behave better, in most circumstances. Far fewer idiots here.

Jer

Okay, so point of clarification... I was talking to 2 different guys on MF that were selling NEW sets of Steeda UDPs... I bought one set. When they showed up in the condition pictured I went looking for the original post. I unfortunately pasted here the post from the OTHER guy's FOR SALE thread. NOT the one I actually purchased.

THAT SAID, there is the post from the ACTUAL thread I DID purchase them from. VIRTUALLY SAME STORY if you ask me, but I'll let you decided? Do the pulley's pictured match THIS description?

I bought these parts new and a week later a great deal for a supercharger came across so I can't use them with the supercharger. I paid $320 for the BBK throttle body, $210 for the Steeda pulleys and $210 for the JLT CAI from Americanmuscle. They will add over 50HP to your Stang.

The Steeda UDP for $160 OBO plus S/H. They're in like new condition. Still in the box."

I apologize for misquoting on the original post and freaked out thinking I had purchased something I mistakenly did not read properly, but I see now that, at least I believe, I did STILL purchase pulleys that were supposed to be NEW, never installed. What do you all think?

Okay, so point of clarification... I was talking to 2 different guys on MF that were selling NEW sets of Steeda UDPs... I bought one set. When they showed up in the condition pictured I went looking for the original post. I unfortunately pasted here the post from the OTHER guy's FOR SALE thread. NOT the one I actually purchased.

THAT SAID, there is the post from the ACTUAL thread I DID purchase them from. VIRTUALLY SAME STORY if you ask me, but I'll let you decided? Do the pulley's pictured match THIS description?

I apologize for misquoting on the original post and freaked out thinking I had purchased something I mistakenly did not read properly, but I see now that, at least I believe, I did STILL purchase pulleys that were supposed to be NEW, never installed. What do you all think?

IMHO....totally the same.

That's why , I always buy new less headache's and not to worry if part fails like the harmonic balancer is warped or there is a crack . It splits and eats your radiator or worse. I'm sure the guy you bought the part from will pay for your damage and then contact the company for full refund plus damages. You can't go straight to the company cause you have no proof that you bought the part new and they won't buy the line that you used the friends credit card. You will have to go to civil court to square this mess. The best is buying used cams or other internal parts. You can have Mr. Shelby and God clear the part but when it fails you can't get it replaced and a free install cause you didn't buy it new. No shop or dealership will warranty the work and imagine do to the cams the valves SMACKED THE PISTONS ouch :cry: I know my engine will be replaced for free plus install !!! Why you ask cause I BOUGHT A NEW PART WITH A WARRANTY !! I also learned the hard way but in my teens. I bought a tranny from a guy who knew a guy for a 100.00 then the shop fee was 75.00 the nice guy would only exchange the tranny after 3x's and 75.00 bucks a pop. I could have bought a new one from the start. I didn't listen to my dads advice. Buy it once by the best and never have to worry if it breaks it's covered. Since that day if, I can't afford the best or 2nd best. I will wait till the money is there you get what you pay for. My wide screen TV died on me, I called bestbuy direct since it was a top of the line TV they redeliveried a new TV the next day. Spend more get better service.

Sorry for the lecture guy's but getting burned is not fun and worse when a company burns you on an item. It's a long battle unless you know how to win them. CompUSA tried to burn me for 800.00 for a monitor that died the next day and they refused to replace it. I put the store manager on the spot all he had to do was replace the item. He refused This time, I showed up with the cops and talked nice and loud. I walked out with a better model for the same price.

Good luck guy's buy wisely !!!!

Well, I can't always buy parts new and usually if I can find an "uninstalled, new" part from a fellow mustanger or car owner, I'll go that route. Saved much more over the years than this has cost me so I still call myself ahead of the game.

That said, if anyone knows or affiliates with the D-bag on Mustangforums.com that goes by the handle 'asci01', distance yourself from him as he's a no class low life scammer.

Oh and just in case anyone wants to know, Paypal f'd me on this too. They told me file a "not as described" claim, send us some pictures, a link to the website that he listed them on... and it should be pretty cut and dried. 2 days later, I call to get an update.. and I was told that seller protection in NO WAY applies to "non-marketplace type" websites and that if he agrees to send the money back great. If not, in 20 days he's just GET it back or if I "escalate" the claim, it will be immediately closed in his favor, because the photos (they told me to send) are NOT considered in the "investigation" and the website he sold them on (they told me to send) are NOT considered in the "investigation". So bottomline, I'm screwed. So THAT's the type of protection you get from buying stuff from forums I guess. Keep that in mind next time you buy in the forums classifieds... you pretty much have NO recourse.

So bottomline, I'm screwed. So THAT's the type of protection you get from buying stuff from forums I guess. Keep that in mind next time you buy in the forums classifieds... you pretty much have NO recourse.

Thats why I keep a special Bag in my Van. It contains special Nails, a Can of Spray Adhesive, a Can of Spray Paint Striper, a Spring Loaded Glass Breaker Pen and a few other items. Ever seen a Car covered in Spray Adhesive? Wait till they hose off the Car after they see that Words have been spelled out on it with Spray On Paint Striper. :spiteful:

:ninja:

Thats why I keep a special Bag in my Van. It contains special Nails, a Can of Spray Adhesive, a Can of Spray Paint Striper, a Spring Loaded Glass Breaker Pen and a few other items. Ever seen a Car covered in Spray Adhesive? Wait till they hose off the Car after they see that Words have been spelled out on it with Spray On Paint Striper. :spiteful:

:ninja:

Damn, I like this guy!

I need to change some of the things I keep in my special bag...

Damn, I like this guy!

I need to change some of the things I keep in my special bag...

Thanks.....I have only had to pull the Bag out twice.........I always find a way to bring up the Bag and why I have it and everyone around me says "Damn, I will never mess with you", works great........... :hysterical:

Well, I can't always buy parts new and usually if I can find an "uninstalled, new" part from a fellow mustanger or car owner, I'll go that route. Saved much more over the years than this has cost me so I still call myself ahead of the game.

That said, if anyone knows or affiliates with the D-bag on Mustangforums.com that goes by the handle 'asci01', distance yourself from him as he's a no class low life scammer.

Oh and just in case anyone wants to know, Paypal f'd me on this too. They told me file a "not as described" claim, send us some pictures, a link to the website that he listed them on... and it should be pretty cut and dried. 2 days later, I call to get an update.. and I was told that seller protection in NO WAY applies to "non-marketplace type" websites and that if he agrees to send the money back great. If not, in 20 days he's just GET it back or if I "escalate" the claim, it will be immediately closed in his favor, because the photos (they told me to send) are NOT considered in the "investigation" and the website he sold them on (they told me to send) are NOT considered in the "investigation". So bottomline, I'm screwed. So THAT's the type of protection you get from buying stuff from forums I guess. Keep that in mind next time you buy in the forums classifieds... you pretty much have NO recourse.

Hey would you be interested in a great women she cooks cleans does the lawn and baths me. And even lets me bring home a stripper . Money back if not happy :hysterical: :tease:

Archived