TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ipod connector for 2007-09'

i could have sworn my car came with a connector to plug an ipod into the female plug-in inside the console. :headscratch: can't seem to find it though.

did our cars come with these or do i have to purchase it separately?

It's not an ipod connector per-se. It's a "line in" jack - looks like a headphone jack.

iPod control does come with the HD radio kit. I installed it and it works, although the HD coverage for a HD-configured station is much less than the FM coverage. AM even less. It definitely sounds better than standard radio. HD-AM sounds like HD-FM, and HD-FM sounds like a CD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Anyone else having this problem? I have a bad connection at my ipod aux jack. I have to wiggle it, and wedge it to get a good connection. It is a brand new cable that I just purchased from Best Buy. Is the Ford female Aux jack a standard size or is a special Ford cable required?

I have bumper to bumper warranty left, but I am not sure I want them tearing up my console just to replace the jack. What would you do?

Anyone else having this problem? I have a bad connection at my ipod aux jack. I have to wiggle it, and wedge it to get a good connection. It is a brand new cable that I just purchased from Best Buy. Is the Ford female Aux jack a standard size or is a special Ford cable required?

I have bumper to bumper warranty left, but I am not sure I want them tearing up my console just to replace the jack. What would you do?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65978-ipod-kit-brandmotion/page__p__1131398__hl__%22ipod%22__fromsearch__1#entry1131398

I got this from Brandmotion for my ipod. I am very happy with it.

I recently pulled my Shaker500 unit out and slipped in an OE Ford navigation unit. It didn't have the line in function so I lost my auxiliary port. I simply added an iSimple Gateway and gained the function back. It's all within this thread.

Tob