TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What gears did you do? 3.73s? 4.10s?

3.73s or 4.10s  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What gears should I put in; 3.73s, or 4.10s

• Other
    • Stock

Had 4.10s in my 05 GT and loved them. A little annoying in mountain traffic, but definitely work it for the daily driving. Considered going a little more conservative this time and 3.73s though.

Anyone done 3.73s and regret not going to 4.10s or visa versa?

Thoughts?

Had 4.10s in my 05 GT and loved them. A little annoying in mountain traffic, but definitely work it for the daily driving. Considered going a little more conservative this time and 3.73s though.

Thoughts?

Had 3.73 went to 4.10 its nite and day the 3.73 was nice but had to scream the gears to get in the power band.

5-3 for 4.10s so far. Thats kinda what I thought I'd see. I REALLY like mine, but did curse them from time to time when mountain driving and could NEVER find a sweet spot.... always up and down shifting. But I guess as a daily driver and occasional track car... the pros will far outweigh the cons of the 4.10s. Done. Now how's got the best price these days on a set of FRPP 4.10s?

I left the 3.55's in mine because I really don't race this car and like the performance of 3.55's, however, if I was doing some drag racing I'd put in 4.56's in a heart beat.

I like the 3.73's myself the way I use my SGT- primarily Open Track and Occasional driver with a few 1/4 mile runs in between-

During a track event the 3.73's makes it snappy off the turns with still enough legs to run 145mph in 5th on the longer straights

On the other hand the 3.55's worked well with the extra HP & TQ of the 540RH Roushcharged car I drove during the same event.

So I guess it all depends on what you plan on doing for mods and how you plan on using the car

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thoughts?I have the 410's in my car and i have the whipple sc. If you are staying non asparated then i would go with the 410's as 355's are so close to 373's that i doubt you would see enough difference for the money. I installed the 410's while i was not s/chd. so this was ideal . Now with the s/c if i were to drop back then i would go to the 373's. The 410's will make your car feel like it has 50 more h.p. There is no better seat of the pants feel for the money.

Archived