TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So you want to put a blower on your GT???

90GT

They are thin but that doesn't always equate with weak. How thick are the h bars and how strong is the metal in the different axis? The truth will become clear when we get some blown engines with stock internals getting up in mileage and we can find out what the failure rate is.

They are thin but that doesn't always equate with weak. How thick are the h bars and how strong is the metal in the different axis? The truth will become clear when we get some blown engines with stock internals getting up in mileage and we can find out what the failure rate is.

I hear what your saying, but those rods are a lot thinner than I expected or would like them to be.

Well, we'll see because a Whipple is going up on that bad boy pretty soon! Even though I'm going to install the big boost charger, I'm going to limit it to 6 psi for a couple of reasons - durability (it will have an I/C and those rods ARE skinny) and to keep me out of trouble :hysterical2:

Well, we'll see because a Whipple is going up on that bad boy pretty soon! Even though I'm going to install the big boost charger, I'm going to limit it to 6 psi for a couple of reasons - durability (it will have an I/C and those rods ARE skinny) and to keep me out of trouble :hysterical2:

I wish you luck Mark. After seeing these pictures there is no way that I would pump any amount of boost in my motor. I'm going to look into a bottom end rebuild or I'm staying all NA and will limit the HP to 400 at the crank.

Might just be me being paranoid but seeing those rods doesn't leave me feeling very confident in their strength.

And there are how many people on that site running Saleen blowers with anywhere from 390 rwhp to 470rwhp with solid JDM tunes and still running strong?

I expected to click on the link and see carnage - instead I got a guys internals looking pretty darn good after 60K miles, over 150 nitrous runs and HARD flogging on the drag strip....

That's no reason to try and scare people who want blown daily drivers..... it can be done safely.

(those suckers definitely are small though - Mr. Manley anyone? :hyper: )

And there are how many people on that site running Saleen blowers with anywhere from 390 rwhp to 470rwhp with solid JDM tunes and still running strong?

I expected to click on the link and see carnage - instead I got a guys internals looking pretty darn good after 60K miles, over 150 nitrous runs and HARD flogging on the drag strip....

That's no reason to try and scare people who want blown daily drivers..... it can be done safely.

(those suckers definitely are small though - Mr. Manley anyone? :hyper: )

Not trying to scare any one, just posting the link so people can see how the car is made. I admit the motor in this example looks pretty darn good for being run with nitrous but he's lucky. In other threads I've seen holes in the side of the block where the rod shot through. It's all a gamble and it just depends on how much of a risk you want to take.

I just have a hard time looking at how thin those rods are and imagining them holding up to 470rwhp for very long. They could be a lot stronger than they appear but the images don't give that impression.

Archived