TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's up with these Doctors

I there's medical professionals on this site and don't mean any disrespect. But it's be a real pain to find a decent doctor that is not afraid to say what's really going on with me. I went to a sports doctor in pain and almost in tears that's how bad it was. He told me it was the nerve damage in my neck plus the arthrisis that set in. He gave me a pain killer and said have a nice day, I needed the report for my file it took 8 months for him to give me it. Then, I was sick one day and needed meds so went to my regular doctor been going for over 2yrs. I get the script filled took on dose and went to bed and woke up in a sweat and wilth hives my looks at the meds. He gave me penicillin which, I am deadly allergic to. I go back to him he tells me it was a rash nothing to do with the meds. Then writes me a scripit again for penicillin. His nurse right in front of me tells the doc look at the chart in big red ink it says allergy to penicillin. So, I ditch him and research another doctor and find one that is certified and great write ups. I find one and get a full exam along with my history my wife liked. The office was state of the art with pc tablets that sent your scripit right to the pharmacy. So, I go a couple of weeks later for my sinus infection he sends off a scripit. I start taking the meds 2 days later my mood changed very shaky and my temper was boiling. I go out and run into my therpist he was concern at my mood and I told him about my meds. We look up the meds and guess what in big letters it says do not take if you suffer from depression can cause sever reaction in mood.

So who do trust ??? with your health

I there's medical professionals on this site and don't mean any disrespect. But it's be a real pain to find a decent doctor that is not afraid to say what's really going on with me. I went to a sports doctor in pain and almost in tears that's how bad it was. He told me it was the nerve damage in my neck plus the arthrisis that set in. He gave me a pain killer and said have a nice day, I needed the report for my file it took 8 months for him to give me it. Then, I was sick one day and needed meds so went to my regular doctor been going for over 2yrs. I get the script filled took on dose and went to bed and woke up in a sweat and wilth hives my looks at the meds. He gave me penicillin which, I am deadly allergic to. I go back to him he tells me it was a rash nothing to do with the meds. Then writes me a scripit again for penicillin. His nurse right in front of me tells the doc look at the chart in big red ink it says allergy to penicillin. So, I ditch him and research another doctor and find one that is certified and great write ups. I find one and get a full exam along with my history my wife liked. The office was state of the art with pc tablets that sent your scripit right to the pharmacy. So, I go a couple of weeks later for my sinus infection he sends off a scripit. I start taking the meds 2 days later my mood changed very shaky and my temper was boiling. I go out and run into my therpist he was concern at my mood and I told him about my meds. We look up the meds and guess what in big letters it says do not take if you suffer from depression can cause sever reaction in mood.

Sorry you had to go through that 009...The prob with most young Doc's today is they

don't get into the practice to help people it's a buisness bottom line...Oh and if they could

also get off that greater than God attitude and listen to the patients more...Things would

be alot better.

I to am sorry for your rough time that you had with your doctors..Any more doctors are just drug pushers for there drug Reps that come in every day and give them the latest on there new drug that has every side effect in the world that only covers the symptoms rather than cure or help them .Its either drugs drugs drugs or surgery if the drugs dont work.There are natural ways to deal and cure alot of things but they are demonized by the drug companyes because if they dont they wont be making those billions and billions in profit every year. Who cares what the side effects are... Anyway keep the faith there are still some good doctors out there that will lead you down the right path.

Thanks for replying guy's the sad thing is both doctors are in there 50's. But Blown hit it on the head with the drug pusher!! One of my aligment from 9/11 is that out of nowwhere, I start dry heaving it can last a few minutes or 20 minutes. It finally happened in front of my doctor. He made believe he didn't notice it when, I said your full of it he told me to go and see ENT. Which, I did proir to him and see severval with no answer. But one doctor told me, I have an old man nose and theirs nothing to do. He didn't like my response, I'm not allow back there.

The one thing that gets my blood boiling is my father he was around asbestos and had a constant runny nose and hacking cough. I can't tell how many doctor he went too. He went to Manhattan several times they tested his lungs , did the whole 9 yards. When was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 83. We didn't think much of him making it thru the surgery. But he did the surgery was done in Duke universaty hospital. But my dad ended up passing away but not from the surgery his lungs kept filling with fluid. When the doctors at Duke did a scan of his lungs he had 2 large mass in his lungs. They said that been there a very long time to get that big so how did all those doctors miss it. More than likely like my situation they don't what to get involved with any law suits on our behalf. I refuse to go see any doctors my right rib cage has been not hurting but killing me in pain. If any pressure on them in one spot its stars spinning around my head. My has fought with me to go to at least the ER nope as soon as any doctor hears NYPD they run or tell me to sux it up it's nothing. Just like after 9/11, I was having trouble with running up stairs couldn't catch my breath. So my girlfriend at the time made go to this top notch lung doctor. I'm with him for 10 minutes he doesn't even examine me yet and tells me that my problem. He say's, I way to fat and to lose 35 pds then come back. I was 225 wgt 6'1 hgt and 36 waist , and running 5mls and biking prior to his exam. Maybe we should go back to the old days of Medicine men and leches with drilling holes in are bodys and drain the bad fluid.

Take care,

RACERX009,

Definately not the government!

Don't give up hope. Keep looking for a doctor that will clearly communicate with you. Have him/her review your entire medical history, do a complete blood work-up and physical. If there is a well respected university medical center nearby, see if you can get an appointment with one of the senior staff physicians. These guys have been around the block many times and they'll have associates they can refer you to.

Good luck!

You are not alone with your symptoms. Many who were there have the same issues. Is there any chance of all of you getting together such as a class action deal but for health care? strength in numbers.

BTW where did all the millions of dollars the nation sent to those effected by 911 go? Or did you have to die to get it.

Sad, just like our military folks always getting screwed. The stories I have heard about our VA hospitals and the substandard care our Vets get is absurd.

I guess that's government health care? It's sad they spent millions on that issue when poorly managed facilities our Government runs should have been fixed first.

Our foot Doctor stopped taking HMO's because you had to see so many patients the quality time he could spend was very short and that wasn't the care he wanted to provide.

My sister has had success with Mayo Clinic for many years for some significant issues. ( a rare disorder and a couple complicated illnesses) She has a lot of faith in them.

Hey, Racer.

I'm not in that field, but I've had considerable exposure to the health care industry with my wife (MS) and my mom (Alzheimers).

What I learned is inform yourself via the Internet. Learn all you can about meds prescribed and suggested procedures. You'll be surprised how much info is out there. The more informed you are, the less chance of having complications, etc. All docs don't read the latest journals - but you can!

Best of luck, bro.

Thank you guys for your input and this topic is also for you guys maybe by comparing notes we can put something together to send to are fine government or to the medical board. When I mentioned my dad's brain tumor are family doctor drop the ball on that if it wasn't for me pushing for his MRI. Who knows what would have happened to him or us if he turned violent and right before the surgery he did and he was strapped down. I had to laugh he scarced the whole floor in the hospital he told a nurse he was going to throw her out the window. But getting back to our doctor he said their was nothing wrong with my dad he was just old mean while he had two car accidents on his left side of the car. Also leaning while walking to his left side and the biggest give in that made my doctor get concerned. The old man was being nice and friendly to me which he is all was riding me about my cars and women and he gave my mom a wad of cash told her go shopping and didn't insult the nurses at the doc's office. My doctor had us at the MRI place within an hour :hysterical: But when the test came back positive he knew he dropped the ball.

I told him it 2x's you did this the 1st was with my grandmother and now my dad what he is doing is writing off the ederly before their time. We don't want doctors like that it's bad enough to find a good doctor now you have to make sure they are giving your parents 100% care.

The one doctor that, I found years ago he was great did everything to make sure you were healthy. He didn't even take my insurance and got less than usual as payment. After 9/11 when, I couldn't get rid of my brochittis he readjusted my meds and even called me to make sure it was working. He would take his time with you and even talk to about any stress you have. He ended up having a massive stroke and died at age 46. Go figure but one thing he had the hottest women working for him.

We pay all this money for health care and you get bad service and forget about ER's most of them are poorly run and over worked. One time going to one, I had a bad reaction to a medication ended up with a 105 fever and wanted to send me home. I ended up being admitted and had 3 different doctors see me and give me 3 different causes. One doc told me it was menigittis end up staying a week. They were clueless.

Then what about your child is your doctor giving his best care ??? My first peditrican for our daughter was highly recommended by other doctors and researched her online.No complaints but to me she look like a little old lady and didn't trust her but my wife said she got all the approvals. Till my daughter at 3months had a high fever and rushed her to the ER are doc showed up and was clueless. The nurse started an IV drip and the needle shifted in her foot and her foot was swelling up she ran out to get the nurse she didn't know what to do. The neonatal doctor showed up he took care of the baby before and he was the one recommend her he was embarrased at her performance. He ended up taking are baby up to his floor and caring for my baby he also told are doctor that it was time for her to hang it up. Thank God

That baby doctor who took care of our baby he calls every mom on mothers day to wish them a happy one. No lie he even will show up at your house unannouced to check up on the baby. He was written up in the papers the other thing he does is he has a team that goes with him in an ambulance. He will personally go to any hospital to take the baby back to his to care for them. One baby was flown up from North carolina. He also does follow ups on your child to the age of 2yrs . Now thats a real doctor he's not about the money just the care and if a baby is in bad shape he will sleep in his office till the baby is up and running. I met his wife she doesn't mind he is at work most of his time. If half the doctors care as much as him we would be in great shape!!!

But we do need to somehow push for better care for all of us !!! Not just pushed pills and write us off. My pill pusher always ask where am I he loves me cause he wants to push more pills on me. He tried to get me to take blood pressure meds he even wrote me a script. I never filled it when, I went back to him and he took my blood pressure he said see the pills work your blood pressure is perfect. I burst his ballon when he was told I never took the pills. He didn't know what to say. I always laugh at the Seinfield show with Alene being band by the doctors everywhere she goes. That will be me oneday !!!

Take care,

Don't worry...everything is going to be alllllright! I've attached a little diagram so that everyone can see how it's going to be soon. Remember: "We're from the government, and we're here to help." :shades:

John

I really do wish I could laugh at that. Unfortunately, there is nothing at all funny about what we are headed for.

I saw a good one on the new gov health care, there new moto......................""We're not happy untill your unhappy"

Don't worry...everything is going to be alllllright! I've attached a little diagram so that everyone can see how it's going to be soon. Remember: "We're from the government, and we're here to help." :shades:

John

Thanks John now it's so clear to me now !! :rant2::drool::drool::hysterical:

I saw a good one on the new gov health care, there new moto......................""We're not happy untill your unhappy"

Now that's funny :hysterical: But true!!

If we were illegals we can get better service. If, I could tell how many times illegals came in to my PCT to try and make a report against the Social security office. Balls I could imagine if my father did that when he came to the USA he be shipped back in a box. I have no problem with people from other cultures coming here but do it the legal way. Then you the legal citizens that refuse to work and get free housing and medical. I use to love when they try and tell me I pay your salary !! I would tell them show me a pay check lazy ass you live in a section 8 building. Then you have the ones who rent out their section 8 apt and when you catch them and report them the government says don't worry about them. You do your job and I'll do mine !!! No Lie

You like this, I live on a dead end block my house is the last house before the big rich house's 4 to be exact. The landscaper will not park his truck in front of their houses. He like to park in front of mine. He has 3 illegals working for him one time my truck was on my front lawn pulling tree's down. He parks in front of my house blocking me from getting of my lawn he unloads, I tell him hey would be a problem for you to move. The 2nd time they leave garbage on the lawn the 3rd time they unload all their stuff and lay it on my front lawn. I flipped and walked down to him this dick of a white guy the illegals are looking at me with a grin. I tell them to shut down and went off on them. I told next time you park in front of my house you will have INS all over your ass and I'll make sure they get deported. You are the reason this country is a mess employing them and they don't pay taxes. I said a monkey can cut grass and I will go around to your customers and charge them 15 bucks to cut there lawn. Try me I'm retired and have time on my hands to do so He never parked in front of my house and he's down 2 illegals. We go to work and get taxed to death with nothing in return.

Anthony

Archived