TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Splitter Pulled From Shelby Web Site

FordGeek

Not that I'm devasted or anything, but I couldn't help but notice that the CF splitter that was to be offered in March through Shelby Automobiles is no longer showing up on the web site. Anyone know what happened to it. I was pretty interested in it so I was checking on the status when I noticed it's no longer there.

Kind Regards,

FordGeek (Joseph)

Not that I'm devasted or anything, but I couldn't help but notice that the CF splitter that was to be offered in March through Shelby Automobiles is no longer showing up on the web site. Anyone know what happened to it. I was pretty interested in it so I was checking on the status when I noticed it's no longer there.

Kind Regards,

FordGeek (Joseph)

Yeah,

The carbon fiber splitter and mirror covers have been pulled, because they are considering offering them only as part of the 40th Anniversary Package. Until that is decided, they have been removed from the site. JLT is for sure going to be offering the mirror covers for $89, and are considering other pieces like a front splitter cover, radiator cover, and possably more. Hopefully, both Shelby and JLT will have this sorted out soon.

KingCobra.

We are all most done with the CF mirror covers. We have a handful now and more to come. Just waiting on the high bond 3M tape to come in and we will start getting them out.

The spliter may be a while from us. I'm still thinking if we do it we will do it as a CF overlay of the original for looks only. This way the stiff factory piece will make it strong and the cost will be down. Weight will not be a issue as the stocker is only about 2 lbs.

I've contacted another CF manufacture to up production past what my local guy can handle, but this takes time.

I thank you all for your support and will continue to come up with cool products for the 197 platform:)

Jay

Archived