TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch vibration on a 2010

I've put about 1200 miles now on my Shelby - had a few minor mishaps along the way in terms of hard stalling it once (dealer left it in gear after leaving it for the day, parked on completely flat ground and didn't even think to check if it was in gear before taking my foot off) and soft stalling while driving her (total of maybe 3 or 4 times) on a few hills.

I'm noticing now once in a while when taking off from a dead stop that i feel a slight wobble/shimmy/pulse through the clutch pedal - almost like chatter but without the noise to go along with it. Getting used to the car over the last 2 months I'm a bit more used to revving a bit higher to get her moving and babying her a bit less after hearing that the clutch was meant to take it.

Anyone else feeling a slight vibration/shimmy in the clutch pedal? What could be the cause - could a little slippage here/there and a few stalls cause a vibration so soon? Or could it just be me being paranoid?

No I don't. Does it shutter/vibrate regardless of how you launch the car? Does it vibrate only with TC off/on, sport mode? Few more details please. Launch at 3k in the different modes and vary your releases of the clutch. If you still feel the vibration after each mode/style of release I would take it in to have the Dealer look at it. I'm a firm believer that with in the first 5k miles driving a new car most mechanical bugs will surface (that's why drive my performance cars pretty hard fairly early on while their in warranty to check the quality of the build). Keep us updated.

Mine does the same thing occasionally. I can describe it as a pulse in the pedal, but mine happens mostly when I'm turning the steering wheel at slow speeds. Maybe it's the steering pump we feel? I'm not sure but the clutch itself performs great. With all the clutch woes going on we all become hypersensitve to noises and vibrations. I'm just going to turn up the sound system.

Archived