TEAM SHELBY FORUM

6x9 speaker adapters

I've been thinking of using adapters to accommodate 6x9 in the rear. Anyone ever done this mod? I figure I'd get a little better sound.

Thanks

Frank

Done a while ago If, I remember the 6x9 bolted right in and makes a big difference. I went with Pioneers 200 watts not sure but nice bass.

So, did you use the adapters or just bolted the 6x9's to the rear deck? I could see where the may just bolt directly to the rear deck.

I believe they just bolt up cause, I didn't buy no adapter for them and got them cheap at walmart. The stereo place by me try to sell me the same speakers for 20 bucks more.

Either way its an easy fix to bolt in.

Any update? I think my Shaker 500 sounds like crap!

The rear deck speakers are crap !!! I did the change and it made a big difference in sound and bass. I was going to change the system but with the new speakers made the difference. Also you have to properly adjust the bass & treble with windows closed. Next the door speakers will be updated. Ford never had decent radio's. While door panel are off putting more insulation. When you do the speaker swap you should put insulation on the rear deck to stop any vibration.

Archived