TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 State Trooper

ilmor

Couldn't believe my eyes :huh: ...while heading to the track on race day, I spotted a GT500 State Trooper car. He had just pulled someone over, then passed us. I could barely snap the photo fast enough as we had to exit then.

gt500policecarindiana.jpg

The car had the proper front end, hood and all the badging, but I don't think the rear wing is correct. Some of you will know for sure. :unsure: I think it may be a clone that they confiscated and are not using as a police car. Indiana State Troopers have about 20 Mustang GT's on their force. We saw several of them ticketing people write and left during our weekend in Indianapolis. :rant2:

Edit - oh yeah, the only "markings" to indicate these are police cars are the flashing lights which are mounted inside the car, in the front windows and rear quarter windows. You won't see them until its too late.

Looks like a clone lots of construction around Indy on 465 they are giving out many tickets a trooper in Mustang GT was hit several weeks back during a traffic stop One thing for sure Indiana State Police have the best looking cars watch your speed in Indiana construction areas

Couldn't believe my eyes :huh: ...while heading to the track on race day, I spotted a GT500 State Trooper car. He had just pulled someone over, then passed us. I could barely snap the photo fast enough as we had to exit then.

gt500policecarindiana.jpg

The car had the proper front end, hood and all the badging, but I don't think the rear wing is correct. Some of you will know for sure. :unsure: I think it may be a clone that they confiscated and are not using as a police car. Indiana State Troopers have about 20 Mustang GT's on their force. We saw several of them ticketing people write and left during our weekend in Indianapolis. :rant2:

Edit - oh yeah, the only "markings" to indicate these are police cars are the flashing lights which are mounted inside the car, in the front windows and rear quarter windows. You won't see them until its too late.

Ticketing people "WRITE" and left!!! :hysterical: That's priceless!!

• 1 year later...

Got pulled over in Utah by a trooper driving a new Rousch Gt. It was Grabber blue with no markings at all.

Trooper was cool when I talked to him about the car, but still wrote the ticket.

He said it was his fifth mustang.

Got pulled over in Utah by a trooper driving a new Rousch Gt. It was Grabber blue with no markings at all.

Trooper was cool when I talked to him about the car, but still wrote the ticket.

He said it was his fifth mustang.

I saw another one in UT along I-70.

It was the blue-ish silver color and the rocker stripe decal had something to reflect the Sheriff's Office it was from (GT ??SO).

I think it was East of St. George. I know it was in a construction zone and he had someone pulled over.

Phill

Here in Oregon I've only seen regular GT Mustang police cars. Okay, actually only one. I wouldn't have known it was a state police car but it was at an accident scene I-5 with red and blue lights flashing in the grill. It had regular Oregon license plates, and no lights in the windows. A little too undercover for my tastes.

Good thing these are not in Texas, or at least I've never heard of them. If I had a Vista Blue/White Stripe Mustang chasing me down with blue and red lights flashing I wouldn't pull over and would be dialing 911 assuming it was a scam. I can absolutely guarantee my wife isn't stoping for anything other than a marked patrol car.

I spoke with a Sheriff from a state in the south, been a while since I spoke to him, and he uses his Shelby GT as his patrol car. I had a picture of it on my last computer but its gone since i left. He had a few stories of kids trying to race him only to be pulled over.

I spoke with a Sheriff from a state in the south, been a while since I spoke to him, and he uses his Shelby GT as his patrol car. I had a picture of it on my last computer but its gone since i left. He had a few stories of kids trying to race him only to be pulled over.

I don't know if they still do it but in Hawaii they used to use their own personal cars for patroll cars.

My cousin lived there in the early 70's and he said they had hot-rod Camaro's (etc.) for Police cars.

Might be the case with the State/County troopers reported here?

Phill

This troopers car is a clone. I live in Indy and know the trooper. It was originally a GT but got into an accident from police activity and the replacement parts were put on instead of GT parts. The car was originally a confiscated GT from some police activity here locally. The trooper is really cool and comes and helps out with car events in our area. Here is a video of him along with a couple hundred cars doing the annual new years day lap around Indy. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Hawaii does still use their own vehicles, they are getting new low profile light bars instead of that little "binky". They have some marked police cruisers (mostly caprice classic style) and new BMW bikes but according to an officer I was talking to last month they will NOT allow Shelbys and have recently disallowed Camaros. Honolulu PD requires the officers to replace their vehicles every 2-3 years I hear. They have a smaller marked cruiser (probably like a new Chevy Malibu or something similar).

Archived