TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 CAI REPLACEMENT FILTER

squaw001

JUST CHECKED THE STOCK FILTER AND IT IS FAIRLY SAFE TO SAY IT SHOULD BE REPLACED. THIS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SERVICEABLE FILTER AND THE DEALER IS CLUELESS. k AND N DOES NOT LIST A REPLACEMENT. CAN THESE FILTERS BE SOAKED OR CLEANED LIKE A K AND N UNIT? IT APPEARS TO BE A PAPER ELEMENT. THOUGHTS???

JUST CHECKED THE STOCK FILTER AND IT IS FAIRLY SAFE TO SAY IT SHOULD BE REPLACED. THIS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SERVICEABLE FILTER AND THE DEALER IS CLUELESS. k AND N DOES NOT LIST A REPLACEMENT. CAN THESE FILTERS BE SOAKED OR CLEANED LIKE A K AND N UNIT? IT APPEARS TO BE A PAPER ELEMENT. THOUGHTS???

here you go http://www.blueovalindustries.com/en6306.html

Seriously Bob, how could you recommend Blue Oval after what I just went through???

:slapfight:

Read through my thread, ridiculously poor treatment of a customer.

I will be more than happy to do the web searching for another vendor with comparable price including shipping.

Seriously Bob, how could you recommend Blue Oval after what I just went through???

I will be more than happy to do the web searching for another vendor with comparable price including shipping.

I was pondering the same!

JLT HAS ONE THAT FITS

Goldgus,

Can you make your thread a sticky? I'll be the first to admit, I already forgot :banghead:

DaFreak

fyi caps lock = YELLING and besides it's hard to read. :) Thanks

An oiled filter would be the last thing id ever put on this hand built engine, does any company make a dry flow filter like AEM or AFE or is it Ford only for us dry filter guys.

Your 2010 has a paper non-washable filter. The replacement shown above is for a 2007-2009 and is a bit larger than your stock filter (6" vs 5.75 for stock"). Depending what you want, the replacement is oiled cotton mesh, not dry like stock. If you want a true stock filter, Rock Auto has them for about $64. Motorcraft part #FA1896.

for me the service was fine--granted i bought it a few months ago

, before your post.Didint mean to dis your suggestion, sorry.BTW, i see folks still suggetsing JLT after all my issues with Tucker ealrier this year

I actually used a replacement from S & B Filters as follows:

Universal Filter (Cleanable, 8-ply Cotton, Blue Oil): Flange ID 6, Top OD 5.25, Element Height 7, Top Style: Black Rim w/ Power Stack

Although there is a 6 inch opening, I bought a 4 inch rubber coupler from Home Depot, cut it, and superglued it to the inside of the filter. worked like a charm

Your 2010 has a paper non-washable filter. The replacement shown above is for a 2007-2009 and is a bit larger than your stock filter (6" vs 5.75 for stock"). Depending what you want, the replacement is oiled cotton mesh, not dry like stock. If you want a true stock filter, Rock Auto has them for about $64. Motorcraft part #FA1896.

Hi Mullens, since you live in Vegas, how often do you change your air filter? My car just rolled over 2K and I haven't changed it yet. -HAWKBARR

Airaid makes one. Airaid filter info

I have the S&B on mine. It has a slightly larger flange opening but it tightens down fine. JLT used to sell them but to many guys flooded their tech line because of the larger flange opening and they dropped it due to the hassle. I have no problem recommending the Airaid filter. I have an Airaid CAI on my 2010 GT convertible and it's a great piece. They stand behind their products and have first rate customer service.

Hi Mullens, since you live in Vegas, how often do you change your air filter? My car just rolled over 2K and I haven't changed it yet. -HAWKBARR

Hey Hawk

Mine just turned 5k and although it's dusty out here, the filter still looks good. The owners manual says 30,000 miles for the air filter but I'll probably change it in 12k or 15k max depending on how it looks. It's easy to keep track of because I change my oil every 3k so I check the air filter each time.

Hey Hawk

Mine just turned 5k and although it's dusty out here, the filter still looks good. The owners manual says 30,000 miles for the air filter but I'll probably change it in 12k or 15k max depending on how it looks. It's easy to keep track of because I change my oil every 3k so I check the air filter each time.

30,000 really-mine was very dirty at 2,000 when i made the change.It was clean to the naked eye,but if you loosend it to see the spot where the air comes in, it was black

30,000 really-mine was very dirty at 2,000 when i made the change.It was clean to the naked eye,but if you loosend it to see the spot where the air comes in, it was black

I wouldn't wait that long..I was only saying what the owners manual says. Did you buy from the dealer or elsewhere? I just ordered mine from Rock Auto, $64.

Archived