TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT Silver Stripes

My question is about faded "decal" silver stripes on my 2007 Shelby GT. Any ideas for treatment? I had the hood scoop replaced under warranty, hood was painted and re-striped. Now you can really tell the differance between the roof strip and the hood strip. etc. Car is just out of warranty. Bought it 4-07, with 6.500 miles. I was told that just the bumper piece was a couple hundred dollars! I wonder what a whole strip kit would be. Should i get them painted on? Thanks Dave

The Vinyl is expensive and hard to get for the car from SA. Your best choice would be to unload the cash and have them painted on, or you could find a sign shop and have them duplicate and make the stripes. Your choice. If you do want the original Shelby stripes you will need to call SA, to order it. (702) 942-7325

One other option would be to contact John Farmer (mrfarmdog) he's in the vinyl business, and a supporting vendor of Team Shelby.

Here is a link to his page. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/user/6284-mrfarmdog/

Chris

The Vinyl is expensive and hard to get for the car from SA. Your best choice would be to unload the cash and have them painted on, or you could find a sign shop and have them duplicate and make the stripes. Your choice. If you do want the original Shelby stripes you will need to call SA, to order it. (702) 942-7325

One other option would be to contact John Farmer (mrfarmdog) he's in the vinyl business, and a supporting vendor of Team Shelby.

Here is a link to his page. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/user/6284-mrfarmdog/

Chris

Paint um Paint um Paint um

Andrew

My question is about faded "decal" silver stripes on my 2007 Shelby GT. Any ideas for treatment? I had the hood scoop replaced under warranty, hood was painted and re-striped. Now you can really tell the differance between the roof strip and the hood strip. etc. Car is just out of warranty. Bought it 4-07, with 6.500 miles. I was told that just the bumper piece was a couple hundred dollars! I wonder what a whole strip kit would be. Should i get them painted on? Thanks Dave

We have a good supply of SGT stripes at TS. Wendy can help you: 702.405.3500

We have a good supply of SGT stripes at TS. Wendy can help you: 702.405.3500

Dont want to be negative but its well known that the quality of the original stripes was marginal at best. Do the new stripe kits come from the original vendor? I restriped

my car with better quality vinyl . Warranty would do nothing for me said there was only a one year guaranty. Same thing for the hood scoop which is warped so bad now i can almost put my little finger under it in spots. Still love the car just 2 cents to the negative .

Dont want to be negative but its well known that the quality of the original stripes was marginal at best. Do the new stripe kits come from the original vendor? I restriped

my car with better quality vinyl . Warranty would do nothing for me said there was only a one year guaranty. Same thing for the hood scoop which is warped so bad now i can almost put my little finger under it in spots. Still love the car just 2 cents to the negative .

The scoop is covered under the standard warranty, even if it's passed, I would give it a try and have dealer submit to Ford and see if it will be extended for customer satisfaction?

• 8 months later...

I have a 07 Shelby GT, I have the same problem about the faded decal plus very bad water spots which will not come out. I was thinking about having the strips taken off and painted on. I think if they clear coated the strips from the factory they would look a lot nicer

Archived