TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pictures of Moab's Mustang

moabman

I almost didn't post these because Ruf is the one who has been reminding me to post them and he has had such bad luck today. Maybe these will cheer him up a little. I'm going to keep the exterior pretty stock but I haven't lowered it yet. I've got to work on the suspension and brakes next and finally I will be ready for the Whipple :happy feet:

post-5147-1170646101_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646129_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646158_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646249_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646282_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646313_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646339_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646101_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646129_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646158_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646249_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646282_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646313_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1170646339_thumb.jpg

Thanks Grabber, Ruf & 07 GT500 - The best I can say about the interior is that it's still growing on me.... :hysterical2:

Don't know that I would do it again.

Yep the Alloy sure does show up the dirt but it does look nice when cleaned and waxed. My first quasi performance car was a 86 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Mine was close to this Alloy color but just a shade lighter. It had a nice red stripe about 3/8" wide in the lower body moulding. I really liked that look. What do you all think about a red accent somewhere low on the Mustang?

Thanks Grabber, Ruf & 07 GT500 - The best I can say about the interior is that it's still growing on me.... :hysterical2:

Don't know that I would do it again.

Yep the Alloy sure does show up the dirt but it does look nice when cleaned and waxed. My first quasi performance car was a 86 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Mine was close to this Alloy color but just a shade lighter. It had a nice red stripe about 3/8" wide in the lower body moulding. I really liked that look. What do you all think about a red accent somewhere low on the Mustang?

Very nice Mark, wish I could take my car out and drive her but we have about 10 tons of salt on the road. What makes it worse is we haven't even had that much snow!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I've always liked the Alloy color because in certain lighting it looks black and others it has a silver tint to it.

Oh, and I hate to do it to you but I have to say it. LOWER THAT BAD BOY!!!

It had a nice red stripe about 3/8" wide in the lower body moulding. I really liked that look. What do you all think about a red accent somewhere low on the Mustang?

Red on your car would look great!!! I know this isn't the same, but you sorta get the picture..........post-5894-1170649210_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1170649210_thumb.jpg

:hysterical2:

Don't worry 90GT - It's next on the list. I definitely will be putting new springs on but I haven't decided on the rest of the suspension mods. I wish it would stay this tight forever so I'm thinking of putting some bracing in also.

Steeda has this slick 3 point frame rail and torque box brace I was checking out yesterday. I bet this would work great on your convertible.

Here's the link:

Steeda Torque Box Brace

They say it can be bolted in but recommend welding it in for the best results. This brace plus a strut tower brace is probably all you need.

I really like the Chamois interior much better than the Parchment/Charcoal interior. The P/C interior has too much tan in it, whereas your Chamois is just on the doors and seats for a nice contrast. Looks good with the alloy paint in the pics. Like I told you weeks ago, it takes a little getting used to the Chamois, but it really does grow on ya! Plus, it will certainly be unique at car shows.

Thanks Five-Oh

Regrets? Like I said, the Chamois is looking better the more I look at it and I'm glad I didn't get the 3.55s because I've already put in the 3.73's. However, I wish I had read more discussions and gone with the spoiler delete!

Now I've got those stupid holes in my trunk lid......... :banghead:

Thanks Five-Oh

Regrets? Like I said, the Chamois is looking better the more I look at it and I'm glad I didn't get the 3.55s because I've already put in the 3.73's. However, I wish I had read more discussions and gone with the spoiler delete!

Now I've got those stupid holes in my trunk lid......... :banghead:

A GT500 spoiler will fill those holes perfectly!!!!

Guess what? Everytime I go over a big bump now I hear a clank up front - on the drivers side. Sounds just like the steering gear hitting on the new headers! What did you say about solid motore mounts? I'm going to check and make sure that they put the mount baack in correctly when they put the headers in. :banghead:

You need solid motor mounts. The way it was explained to me (and turned out correct) is the stock mounts are kinda mushy (ok, my words) so the motor has a nice ride. Thereby allowing the headers to rub up against you steering column...sounds nasty and it is. Wait till you play in corners, it is flat out loud and screatchy and EMBARassing.

I think they are a Ford part, I will find the number for you (here it is M-6038-R). It did fix the problem for the street but turn three at Thunderhill (fast/off camber turn) could get that rubb'n a go'n....now with the cage the issue is gone on the track too.

I think they are a Ford part, I will find the number for you (here it is M-6038-R). It did fix the problem for the street but turn three at Thunderhill (fast/off camber turn) could get that rubb'n a go'n....now with the cage the issue is gone on the track too.

Just what the doctor ordered! Turn three sounds like an E ticket ride.

Archived