TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ok.... Who's Messing With Me?

The car lot people told her it was :o

Steve

Here's a thought. Someone inquire this dealer about the authenticity of the vehicle and if he claims it's a real Shelby, sue the piss outta him.

Here's a thought. Someone inquire this dealer about the authenticity of the vehicle and if he claims it's a real Shelby, sue the piss outta him.

+1000 on that.

But it does have the Shelby Snakes, that should count for something............

The vin comes back to a 2008 Mustang GT.

Anyone want to take a guess at the for sale price?

Steve

This is how I am going to arrive at my guess....with all of the talk of late here on TS about the $$$$ difference between a GT500 and an SGT...

According to MOST of the naysayers, if it's proprted to be a "SHELBY", I dunno...should bring...oh let's say UNDER 20 grand!!!!! :doh:

$29,999 and the best part......................

Better not find out it's an SVT store!!!!! :hysterical:

It's on a FORD DEALERSHIP lot !!!!

My first thought, someone was playing a joke on me. Turns out the person who sent me the photo was seriously considering purchasing the car but wanted to verify if it was a "real Shelby". The car lot people told her it was ohmy.gif

Steve

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen a Barrett "Jones" Edition Shelby with all the latest options on TS before, it's a real cream puff and a steal at 29,999.99 One more post and I go to the big 500 mark.

redcard.gif GG

My first thought, someone was playing a joke on me. Turns out the person who sent me the photo was seriously considering purchasing the car but wanted to verify if it was a "real Shelby". The car lot people told her it was :o

Steve

You know what the truly SAD part is?

This is what, the 2nd "fake" Shelby I've seen posted here in the last....month? 3 weeks?

So this is only the 2nd fake WE (TS Forum members) are aware of..

Think about how many are out there, or how many have been bought/sold that DIDN'T get caught by SA!

I have a son that was getting into trouble in high school. He got caught for a number of things but what I told my wife was (knowing from MY experience of "the getting caught ratio") is that what he's been CAUGHT for, is only the tip of the iceberg. If he got caught for 5 things, he's gotten away with (at least) 50 things!

I'm thinkin' the same thing is happening with the fake Shelby's we see here. If 'we' *caught* 2 of them, there's probably hundreds more that got away....kind'a like fishing.

I wonder how many people have lost how much money on something like that?

WOW!

Phill Pollard

EDIT: Man, I REALLY need to proof read & correct my posts BEFORE I hit the send button!

PP

You are absolutely correct, I deal with people all the time that got caught up in the moment and don't do their research until after the purchase. What I find distressing about this is that the buyer ends up losing their passion for a Shelby although SAI had nothing to do with the situation.

This is why Shelby American tries their hardest to protect the investment a real Shelby owner has in their car. From the registry all the way down to restricting Shelby parts sales, we do have a reason for all our rules/guidelines. Its always a fine line we must walk between not alienating our loyal customers but on the other hand making it as difficult as possible for the scammers out there.

When dealing with limited production cars like our Shelby's, knowledge is the key to buying a car of your dreams.

Steve

• 2 months later...

PP

You are absolutely correct, I deal with people all the time that got caught up in the moment and don't do their research until after the purchase. What I find distressing about this is that the buyer ends up losing their passion for a Shelby although SAI had nothing to do with the situation.

This is why Shelby American tries their hardest to protect the investment a real Shelby owner has in their car. From the registry all the way down to restricting Shelby parts sales, we do have a reason for all our rules/guidelines. Its always a fine line we must walk between not alienating our loyal customers but on the other hand making it as difficult as possible for the scammers out there.

When dealing with limited production cars like our Shelby's, knowledge is the key to buying a car of your dreams.

Steve

Steve,

Your efforts are appreciated, and we know what a mountain you guys have to climb sometimes, just to keep the brand's integrity intact. From all of us: THANK YOU.

Jer

Archived