TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 gt500 vs 2011

I currently own an 07 gt500 , i have had it since it was new and drove it!!! not stored it away. iam currently at the 43,000 mile mark. I was wondering if someone who had owned an 07 thru 09 model and now owns a 2011 model could tell me how much better they drive, how they feel under exceleration, and all around the difference in the cars? Ive found a 2011 gt500 koni blue, red stripes svt package, red and black interior. I may trade my 07 inn.

I currently own an 07 gt500 , i have had it since it was new and drove it!!! not stored it away. iam currently at the 43,000 mile mark. I was wondering if someone who had owned an 07 thru 09 model and now owns a 2011 model could tell me how much better they drive, how they feel under exceleration, and all around the difference in the cars? Ive found a 2011 gt500 koni blue, red stripes svt package, red and black interior. I may trade my 07 inn.

You need to get yourself behind the wheel. I didn't own the previous model but driven them. It's a night and day difference stock vs stock. The 2010-11 is a much more refined experience inside and out.

I've owned both an 09 and an 11. The 11 is a better car all the way around. MUCH nicer interior. The nav system with sync is amazing. More HP. Better balance, steering and handling. Suspension is much improved, the rear end doesn't jump around when you hit a bump the way my 09 did when it was stock.

The 11 looks, feels and drives the way you would expect a high end car to drive - except this car just happens to have 550 HP under the hood.

Went from an 08 to a 11 with SVTPP. The 2011 car is day ad night different. The cabin comfort level is so much better and also less road and tire noise. I was shocked actually how much different everything seemed to be when I started driving the 2011. The more I drive the car the more I love the improvements. PLUS, it's an absolute monster all the way around. Not trying to sell cars here just giving my humble 2 cents.

I've owned both an 09 and an 11. The 11 is a better car all the way around. MUCH nicer interior. The nav system with sync is amazing. More HP. Better balance, steering and handling. Suspension is much improved, the rear end doesn't jump around when you hit a bump the way my 09 did when it was stock.

The 11 looks, feels and drives the way you would expect a high end car to drive - except this car just happens to have 550 HP under the hood.

+1

I've owned a 2009 Shelby and traded in for a 2011. The 2011 is a much better car in every way. It drives much better over rough surfaces and in the rain. SYNC is great and the steering wheel controls are nice. I would say that the 2011 is a true sports car and the 2009 was a true muscle car. I loves both cars in different ways, but I don't regret the trade.

Mark

I owned a 2007 GT500 that was stock other than the JLT CAI. (20K miles). I now have a 2011 non-SVTPP and this car is night and day different then the 07. As indicated in the other posts, it is improved all around, but mostly in ride, suspension and handling departments. Thats where it really shines. It feels very BMW like in its balance and eagerness to enter a corner at speed w/o plowing through as was the habit of the 07. Go for the 2011 and you will not regret the decision. The exhaust note on the stock 2011 is to die for. I can't get enough!!

Archived