TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Starting up

2thDoc

So here's a neat one I figured out (probably not the first and didn't feel like digging through 100's of posts with the word "start" in them).

I have a habit of sticking the key in the ignition, turn to "run" and wait a sec for the fuel pump to pressurerize (hear a whir and then it stops in a second or so). Then start the car.

If you do this, just quickly kick the key over to the start position and let go, the car will take care of all the rest of the starting duties. There is no need to hold the key in the start position until the engine is running. Kinda cool. Also means that a pushbutton start would be a no brainer - just hit the button to activate the computer's start sequence and let go.

Coool...

So here's a neat one I figured out (probably not the first and didn't feel like digging through 100's of posts with the word "start" in them).

I have a habit of sticking the key in the ignition, turn to "run" and wait a sec for the fuel pump to pressurerize (hear a whir and then it stops in a second or so). Then start the car.

If you do this, just quickly kick the key over to the start position and let go, the car will take care of all the rest of the starting duties. There is no need to hold the key in the start position until the engine is running. Kinda cool. Also means that a pushbutton start would be a no brainer - just hit the button to activate the computer's start sequence and let go.

Coool...

I have a 2010 Vert, that doesn't work for me.... I have to hold the key until it starts. Is this a feature on 11's?

Didn't figure I was the first to figure this out...it's pretty cool though...about the same reaction as pushing the start button in the BMW I traded in on the Shelby...

Thanks. Good info. I was wondering what that sound was when I put the car in the "on" position. Have to try this when I get home (raining today).

Wow, that's funny I didn't realize 2011 was the first year for the "quick start" feature. Thought most cars had gone to the electronic start by now, and was at least thinking that 2010 had it already if not sooner. My daily commuter car Toyota and I've gotten used to it, makes it hard to get back into a mechanical starter car since I tend not to hold the key long enough.

I like the idea of the "start" button also although most people will moan..."but you still have to put the key in and turn it to the "on" postion" I just think the "start" button is cool and different. Have your passenger start the car before you make them pee their pants on a fun run.

Coool...

I didn't realize that the Shelby had this feature but my wife's escape has it so I guess it's about time.

Coool...

Was not aware of the quick start....tried a bit ago....pretty cool...thx for the intel.

Talk about a uselsss option--cmon guys.Id much prefer memory seats, or a car that didnt crunch into 2nd IMHO

When I was shopping for the GT500 I had it narrowed down to two cars...the Shelby and an Audi s5. I chose the Shelby in part due to the "simplicity" of the Shelby. The audi is a car full of complex systems that make the car much more comftorable then the shelby. Over time though, those systems are at risk of breaking down. I plan on owning this car a very long time and don't want a car full broken creature comforts 20 years from now.

Will stuff fail in the Shelby, yes. Everything breaks down over time. But having a simpler car that has less complex systems may prove to be better in the long run.

So i'll turn and hold my key when I start the car, move the seat back to my position when I get in it, and make sure I have the clutch all the way in when I shift into second.

As long as the little peddle on the right keeps working, I'll keep smiling :D

Archived