TEAM SHELBY FORUM

REAR BUMBER - RIGHT SIDE

ACCLERCR

Guys, need some help....where the rear bumper (on the RIGHT side) is connected (the horizontal line) to the rear quarter panel, the pieces become separated outwardly about 1/4"....the first time I saw this I just simply pushed everything back into place starting from the wheel well and back...it seemed to have just fit back into place, however, it is still occuring. I don't know if it's an expansion issue (due to higher outside temperatures) or the fit is just not solid enough (and comes a little undone when driving)....I don't have this issue on the driver's side. I did take it to the dealership and they just advised that there is no way they will be taking this apart, and they also advised that this is a common fit problem with the mustangs, not just our GT-500s.

I want to know what you guys have done to fix this permanently....I contemplated taking it to a body shop just for their opinion, but I really need someone that knows exactly what's causing this, and can make a quick fix.

Please help! Thanks!!!

Guys, need some help....where the rear bumper (on the RIGHT side) is connected (the horizontal line) to the rear quarter panel, the pieces become separated outwardly about 1/4"....the first time I saw this I just simply pushed everything back into place starting from the wheel well and back...it seemed to have just fit back into place, however, it is still occuring. I don't know if it's an expansion issue (due to higher outside temperatures) or the fit is just not solid enough (and comes a little undone when driving)....I don't have this issue on the driver's side. I did take it to the dealership and they just advised that there is no way they will be taking this apart, and they also advised that this is a common fit problem with the mustangs, not just our GT-500s.

I want to know what you guys have done to fix this permanently....I contemplated taking it to a body shop just for their opinion, but I really need someone that knows exactly what's causing this, and can make a quick fix.

Please help! Thanks!!!

I have the exact same issue on the driver's side. it goes back in when you push it, but then it pops back out. i think there is an issue with the clips holding it in place. I havent had a chance to take it to the dealer, but i will soon and they WILL FIX IT, (i have talked to them about it and they agreed) as they should!

Based on your dealer's responce (no way they will be taking it apart), do your self a favor and find another dealer....

If you want to remove the cover and fix it yourself I have provided you with a exploded view drawing and instructions.

2007 Rear bumper cover exploded view.pdf

2007 Rear bumper cover instructions.pdf

If you want to remove the cover and fix it yourself I have provided you with a exploded view drawing and instructions.

THANKS! Thanks all for responding!

I live in NY (on Long Island)...can anyone on this board recommend a dealer that will take care of this, and while I wait?

Guys, who knows the contact name/tel or dept at Ford that will address this? There should be a Service Bulletin for this. I just looked at my right side again, and had to push it in, but every time I do it really is pissing me off due to the money I paid for this car. I tried to look with a light and it seems that the center clip (right above the red reflector...about 2" from the back part of the reflector, and up) is showing just one part of what should be a 2 "finger" or "prong" clip, as with the clip that you can see where the line goes vertical towards the trunk (that one shows a 2 prongs. On the left side, I don't see anything...it's a snug fit...something has failed or was not installed correctly. I would only take my car to a place that actually fixed this problem, and knows exactly how to safely remove the rear bumper cover.

Please help if you can...thanks!

Guys, who knows the contact name/tel or dept at Ford that will address this? There should be a Service Bulletin for this. I just looked at my right side again, and had to push it in, but every time I do it really is pissing me off due to the money I paid for this car. I tried to look with a light and it seems that the center clip (right above the red reflector...about 2" from the back part of the reflector, and up) is showing just one part of what should be a 2 "finger" or "prong" clip, as with the clip that you can see where the line goes vertical towards the trunk (that one shows a 2 prongs. On the left side, I don't see anything...it's a snug fit...something has failed or was not installed correctly. I would only take my car to a place that actually fixed this problem, and knows exactly how to safely remove the rear bumper cover.

Please help if you can...thanks!

My 2008 weny to the body shop twice for the same problem, popped out both times and they broke a strap that holds the rear valence to the car. They would replace the bumper cover, but that would mean new paint , stripes, etc. I ended up taking the rear lights out and using a stainless steal screw to hold it all together. I simply drilled a pilot hole and hand screwed the screw in. Crazy for a Shelby but it solved the problem.

Thanks guys for those last 2 replies....this is quite frustrating...I go through emotional ups and downs with my car...I spent so much time (and money) ordering the car and love everything about it, then this flaw comes along as just an annoyance and an inconvenience. I really need to find a local shop that has done this before and knows exactly how to tackle it. Please, if you hear anything or can shed more light my way, please do say....thanks again for your support. We all really need to bring this Ford's attention...I just don't know where to start, and going through the dealreship is not the right way.

Archived