TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brandnew Pulley/Idler design Im testing

ZXMustang

I let my car be a test car for a local speed shop looking to reengineer those same old GT500 parts to work and fit better. Here are a few pics of the new adjustable idler design. It actually bolts to the blower instead of below it using the bottom left two blower snout bolts. And its adjustable. Any questions, ask here. The pulley is also a custom made 2.6 steel pulley, that was bolted to the shaft. The blower shaft was cross drilled and the pulley hub pressed on with a key added to completely prevent slippage. The pulley itself is similar to the metco and can be swapped out very easy. Coming soon is a completely revised and engineered from scratch nose drive assembly using a 2.2 pulley. Not machined stock parts like steggy does.

75fc6f5e.jpg

d8b5071f.jpg

The idler looks neat, the biggest problem with all designs is that its hard to transfer the load which such a big bending arm/bracket.

There is no need to drill or modify the blower shaft, this should actually never be touched as it's perfect the way eaton designed it. The thou press fit works as long as you can machine the pulley bores to the right tolerance, and any really good CNC machine shop can do this.

How much boost is expected with this setup?

My 2.6 setup shows 12.5ish on the stock guage. It was a solid 8 stock. And for the 2.2, you should see around 16psi. And since you have the adjustable idler, there is no need to want to add the IW lower that costs almost $700. the idler I have on my car now is at like 25% of its adjustability. So when you run that 2.2 small pulley, you can get much more belt wrap than you ever could before. No slip and much cheaper hi boost for the stock blower.

Archived