TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DP SuperSnake on eBay

Just my 2 cents, but that is butt ugly unless your a rapper.

It doesn't even have reservoirs? However, a perfect car if you have a gold tooth...................

It doesn't even have reservoirs? However, a perfect car if you have a gold tooth...................

Totally agree. But, I'm sure once you get in and floor the gas pedal, the thought would be lost! :happy feet:

You gotta be sh*tt*n' me.

You don't know a whole lot about the Super Snake program....do ya.

"rapper"? "gold tooth"?.... it's a 1/4 Mile DRAG RACING car.

I didn't know ya had'a be Black to race the quarter....

Sheesh,

Phill

You gotta be sh*tt*n' me.

You don't know a whole lot about the Super Snake program....do ya.

"rapper"? "gold tooth"?.... it's a 1/4 Mile DRAG RACING car.

I didn't know ya had'a be Black to race the quarter....

Sheesh,

Phill

Phill,

My comments have nothing to with race or color. There are white rappers too. I just think the car has too much bling and done in very poor taste. I am quite familiar with the SS program and I like them to say the least. However, IMO, this car lacks the class of a typical SS.

Rocky

Anyone has the performance numbers and stats on these cars? What does it do in the quarter mile? Does it weigh less than 3000lbs?

Since this DP Super Snake started life as a regular production Shelby GT500 at approx. 3900lbs, I doubt that it is now 3000lbs or less, even with a light weight flip front. I see no rear seat, but I do see a roll bars, so some weight subtracted by the flip front and rear seat delete has been added back with additional roll protection, which is probably required for the 1/4 times that this car "may" achieve. I also see a Shaker stereo and A/C controls, more signs of "no lightweight".

Facts that are documented is that a 725 Super Snake can run 10.80's at approx. 135mph with a simple rear tire change to Mickey Thompson Street E.T.'s (treaded tires) and a low 3800rpm launch. My guess is that this DP could get into the 9's given the documented numbers achieved by a 725.

I would like to see a 725 run on slicks, so that the car could be launched at a higher RPM and stick. I think it would dip into the low 10's, maybe 140mph?

R

Archived