TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Goodyear tires needed

Hello my dear friends.

I'm fighting with an issue you certainly will start laughing.

Believe me, it's a pity for all Shelby owners in Europe.

I'm proud owner of an '08 GT500 Coupe Vista-Blue and after 2.5 year's I need to change the tires.

My goal is to mount the original set of Goodyear tires as they are simply the best for my car, but - you will not find Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires in 285/40/18 in all Europe. :headscratch:

I contacted Tirerack. They have the tires but refuse to ship them overseas, i.e. to Europe. :censored::redcard:

Same story at Delticom. They would sell to me the tires but shipping is possible to an U.S. address only. Even no shipment to CDN or Mexico. :banghead::banghead:

(I'm asking myself how do the US Troops in Europe ?)

I can't belive.:fool:

So before I give up and buy some Pirelli's I'm taking my last chance and ask you all. :cry::sos:

Maybe any of you guy's knows a dealer who's able and willing to ship also to Switzerland, Italy or Germany ?? For an reasonable price, of course :victory:

Many thanks for your kind replies in advance. :mail:

Best regards

Chuck

In the US we can also buy these tires through our local Ford dealers. Perhaps a Ford dealer in your part of the world can get them for you.

Hello Guy's.

Many thanks for your advices.

Unfortunatly the BFG KDW2's are unknown in Europe and the European FORD dealer's do not offer such tires.

The reason ist very simple: FORD does not export to Europe any US Car. No F-150, no Mustang. No Shelby.

That's also why there's no Mustang or Shelby warranty at all.

Shame on you, FORD !

Anyway, I do really appreciate your comments.

Kind regards

Chuck

Hello Guy's.

Many thanks for your advices.

Unfortunatly the BFG KDW2's are unknown in Europe and the European FORD dealer's do not offer such tires.

The reason ist very simple: FORD does not export to Europe any US Car. No F-150, no Mustang. No Shelby.

That's also why there's no Mustang or Shelby warranty at all.

Shame on you, FORD !

Anyway, I do really appreciate your comments.

Kind regards

Chuck

Hiya,

Don't know if this helps but I can get them in the UK. I'll PM you.

cheers

Z

Hello I live in the UK and needed tyres as well. You will have one hell of a time finding the correct size tyres at all. None of the major stores around or my 2 favorite local tyre shops could find anything on the shelf at any producer in the size for the rears (the 2 I need) Everyone came up with the Pirelli PZero as a recommended tyre but they were not available! I have also been told by more than a few folks to not use the Pirellis due to how they perform on the car. I got lucky and bought a pair of 1200 mile used take off from a fellow shelby owner but will need some way to get new tyres in the future. I wanted Toyos and met up with the reps at Goodwood who said they would have them but at the tyre store they called Toyo and not only were there none available to purchase there was not even a production date for them to be made!!!

My best idea was to buy a set of new car take offs from Ebay.com where there seems to be quite a few sets and get them shipped over.

Peter

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_2028wt_1165

Found these on ebay for ya man. They might ship them, and they are a great price.

Hi ZXMustang.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

I also found this on eBay and eMailed them.

Definitively they won't ship them outside US.

No idea for what reason.

I got some very interesting offers to help me from different persons. (I'll PM them all).

Regarding your experience with the BFG KDW2's: I found a lot of comments about this tires.

They are said to be noisy and to rubber.

What do you say ?

Anyone has a comment about the Nitto's or other tires, too ? (I know: the Nitto's are spec for DR. Anyway...)

Kind regards

Chuck

Archived