TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Certificate Delivered (BENT)

ilmor

The good news is that I received my Shelby GT Certificate yesterday! :happy feet:

The bad news is it was bent. The Shelby Store did label it "DO NOT BEND" on both front and back of the package but, of course, the brilliant mail carrier must not be able to read English so.....

9a83559d.jpg

00bd1be6.jpg

Have you called your local Post Office and asked to speak to the Postmaster? This really needs to be done or the same thing will happen again.

And unfortunately the problem isn't that the letter carrier can't read english but more of the letter carrier was just too lazy to do his/her job and walk to your front door with the package. This is why a phone call to the Postmaster or carrier supervisor is a must.

Steve

but, of course, the brilliant mail carrier must not be able to read English so.....

Have you called your local Post Office and asked to speak to the Postmaster?.

May I suggest you brush up on your spanish first...... :hysterical:

Seriously though it doesn't look too bad I think it will flatten out ok, specialy in the humidity.

Yup...............the US postal system, a bunch of knuckle heads that couldn't make it in the real world.

Mine arrived just fine but I've had a lot of other stuff wrecked by them.

I think it'll be ok...there is no crease, so I set a couple of books on it for awhile...when its framed it should be fine. Irritating though!

The good news is that I received my Shelby GT Certificate yesterday! :happy feet:

The bad news is it was bent. The Shelby Store did label it "DO NOT BEND" on both front and back of the package but, of course, the brilliant mail carrier must not be able to read English so.....

9a83559d.jpg

That's not that bad. If you frame it, put it in tight with cardboard behind it and you'll never see it under glass..

The holder/containter might be another story. Use a bunch of books as a press and just leave it, forget about it, come back in months or years and it should be good to go.

I've seen worse. It looks like the problem is you have a standard rural mailbox. Mine is a gangbox and that envelope would fit in it wiihout being bent so I'm looking forward to ordering/getting mine.....FLAT!

Thanks for the heads-up,

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

Mine came in just fine, but may I suggest you get it laminated, that should help to protect it for good. I laminated mine

so I could display it at car shows. Stiffens it up and makes it virtually stain proof. Just my .02 cents

Don

Mine came in just fine, but may I suggest you get it laminated, that should help to protect it for good. I laminated mine

so I could display it at car shows. Stiffens it up and makes it virtually stain proof. Just my .02 cents

Don

Get a true copy made and have that laminated. Save the original in a pristine state in case you need another copy.

^^^^^

That's what the Certificate Of Authenticity obsessives tell me.

Archived