TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To Stripe or not to Stripe. That is the Question.

36 members have voted

1. 1. What Option would you choose?

• No Stripes. Car looks great without them
    • Flat Black
    • Gunmetal Grey (Match the SVTPP rim color)
    • Flat Black with Gunmetal Grey Accents
    • GT500 Rocker Panel Stripes only

I have been having a hard time deciding whether or not to stripe my car. I have a 2011 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue SVTPP with stripe delete. I was thinking of adding the traditional Shelby stripes to the car. The car actually looks pretty good without them. So the question is do I stripe it or leave it alone. If I stripe it what color should I go with. If anyone has a Kona Blue with stripes please post them. A visual always helps.

BTW this car kicks @$$!

post-28416-127916625076_thumb.jpg

post-28416-127916625076_thumb.jpg

Have you thought about the added negative attention you will definitely get from the cops or other's. That's one of the reason's why I went with stripe delete.

I dont think the falt black would be a good idea because the stripes almost get lost in the kona blue and wouldnt be worth the $$$ to me. Here's a few pics of flat black/ kona for everyone to help you decide. If I had a kona car and wanted to stripe it I would most likely go with the white svt stripes similar to the FGT because the gray kind look dull/ dirty against the kona and fat stripe's just arnt worth it to me anymore because it look's like the 5 year old GT500 and looks heavy to me on a 2011 w/ svt. This may seem a little out of left field but I dont like to my cars to look like everyone else's. Imagine the crowd that would be gathered around a satin almost flat silver GT500 amongst a bunch of glossy one's.

supersnake---07.jpg

2010-ford-shelby-super-snake-mustang-review-autoblog2.jpg

supersnake-01_opt.jpg

first_ford_gt_1.jpg

lee-iacocca-mustang.jpg

I voted "no stripes". Your car looks great w/out them plus it will be a rarer and more interesting Shelby Mustang that way.

Ordered a Grabber Blue w/ white stripes 2011 SVTPP to replace my 2010 Kona Blue w/ white stripes.

I dislike the narrow stripes, but my impression was/is that exterior stripes are needed to get the interior seat stripes... and I'd rather have the white-striped seats to break up the black/graphite in the interior.

would have LOVED to have been able to duplicate the look of my '10. It gets noticed - positively!

I personally like the Kona with red stripes as well... But, you will get a lot of attention..

Who made that silver 'stang in the picture above? That car looks really nice.

M.

That's an Iacocca Mustang. 2009 MY. They were supposed to only build 45 of them, but I don't think that they made that many in the end. The bodywork was done by Metalcrafters in Los Angeles, and the car came with a Whipple blower.

Here's a 2.5 minute, toe tapping video that showcases the car, and if you are a fan of Sinatra, turn the volume up on your speakers.

That's an Iacocca Mustang. 2009 MY. They were supposed to only build 45 of them, but I don't think that they made that many in the end. The bodywork was done by Metalcrafters in Los Angeles, and the car came with a Whipple blower.

Here's a 2.5 minute, toe tapping video that showcases the car, and if you are a fan of Sinatra, turn the volume up on your speakers.

Thanks, that is a hot car. looks like a mustang but you can see subtle differences at rear deck, etc..

Have you thought about the added negative attention you will definitely get from the cops or other's. That's one of the reason's why I went with stripe delete.

I dont think the falt black would be a good idea because the stripes almost get lost in the kona blue and wouldnt be worth the $$$ to me. Here's a few pics of flat black/ kona for everyone to help you decide. If I had a kona car and wanted to stripe it I would most likely go with the white svt stripes similar to the FGT because the gray kind look dull/ dirty against the kona and fat stripe's just arnt worth it to me anymore because it look's like the 5 year old GT500 and looks heavy to me on a 2011 w/ svt. This may seem a little out of left field but I dont like to my cars to look like everyone else's. Imagine the crowd that would be gathered around a satin almost flat silver GT500 amongst a bunch of glossy one's.

supersnake---07.jpg

2010-ford-shelby-super-snake-mustang-review-autoblog2.jpg

supersnake-01_opt.jpg

first_ford_gt_1.jpg

lee-iacocca-mustang.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. I see what you mean about the black not standing out much on the car. So far nothing has really jumped out at me and am currently leaning toward keeping the stripes off. I do like the red SVTPP stripes but not sure I want that much attention.

Getting a Kona with stripe-delete ...

(1) Would rather be under- than over-stated.

(2) I cannot grok stripes on the seats. Makes me feel like Pepé le Pew. emoticon-looney-toons-017.gif

(3) I want to PermaPlate the car, and PP bumps its nose on the stick-on stripes.

(4) I have the feeling that the external stripes will weather-wear faster than the rest of the finish, and peeling-off/reapplication seems like it might be a minefield.

Ok I am thinking maybe a white stripe. About should you get a stripe that is up to you. If you get them get them painted on that is the only way to go but then again maybe not.

Personally...if my car came without stripes...I'd leave it that way - However...

Those pics that BigDan posted of the SuperSnake with black stripes are killer. So I voted for the flat black stripes. I think you should do the SuperSnake type black stripes. They are understated but still add a lot to the car.

I think Kona is one of the colors that can pull off no overthetop stripes. I do like what TX Stig did with adding the "GT500" to the side....IMO it looks naked without at least that.

+1

I think the verdict is OUT! The damn wheels are squirly on the SVT package!!!!!! Really, if anyone buys this car without stripes they are doing it an injustice!!!! The new 5.0 looks good without but this is an all american A@@ whippin, meat grindin, gorgeous machine! I ordered a GB white stripe over coupe. I had to argue with the wife. I wanted a performace white with colorado red stripe (equally as cool) but lost. WHO CARES! I got the SHELBY for the garage. IT'S stripes or none. It's too bare with out! p.s. my opinion only!

I have been having a hard time deciding whether or not to stripe my car. I have a 2011 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue SVTPP with stripe delete. I was thinking of adding the traditional Shelby stripes to the car. The car actually looks pretty good without them. So the question is do I stripe it or leave it alone. If I stripe it what color should I go with. If anyone has a Kona Blue with stripes please post them. A visual always helps.

BTW this car kicks @$$!

Put the stripes on!! I have 2010 Kona GT500 with silver stripes and I really like the look. Not a bright as white but just enough to let you know they are there. Nothing says more about the care being a Shelby than the LeMans stripes in my opinion.

Put the stripes on!! I have 2010 Kona GT500 with silver stripes and I really like the look. Not a bright as white but just enough to let you know they are there. Nothing says more about the care being a Shelby than the LeMans stripes in my opinion.

Do you happen to have a pic of your car? Visuals always help.

Archived