TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally--A VIN and Date

John  Allen

Placed my order August 9, 2006 and just got a VIN# and Build date today :headspin: Also got a ship-thru to Shelby in Vegas for the 40th package. :yahoo: Now starts another level of anticipation!!! :doh:

Congrats. That is great news. :happy feet:

Are you saying that your car is going straight from the plant at Dearborn to SAI ?

The president of SAI told us that this was not possible for the GT500's. !

You must of cut a private deal to have the dealer send it for you on a carrier from his dealership !

Please give us your exact shipping details.

According to my dealer Ford would not do 2 ship-thru destinations (one for the stripes and one for the 40th package) but when she entered my order into the computer with final destination as Shelby in Vegas, it accepted it. Then the next day, she got the order confirmation with VIN and build date and final shipping is to Shelby in Vegas. I talked with Steve @ Shelby (whom I had previously ordered the 40th package from) and he said great and will be looking for my car. He said he will get a shipping notice before the car leaves the plant. Just what I've been told?? :shrug: I checked and double checked with everbody involved cause the last thing I want is to loose my car somewhere in a state of confusion or buraucracy!!!! I was told that I would have to pick my car up at Shelby -- OH DARN!!! :hyper:

According to my dealer Ford would not do 2 ship-thru destinations (one for the stripes and one for the 40th package) but when she entered my order into the computer with final destination as Shelby in Vegas, it accepted it. Then the next day, she got the order confirmation with VIN and build date and final shipping is to Shelby in Vegas. I talked with Steve @ Shelby (whom I had previously ordered the 40th package from) and he said great and will be looking for my car. He said he will get a shipping notice before the car leaves the plant. Just what I've been told?? :shrug:

Something is screwed up. This is how it works. Your car does not have to get shipped anywhere to get stripes put on it. After your car is "bucked", it will be built in 23.7 hours and since they work 2) 8 hour shifts your car will be done in a day and a half. It then will be "released from Plant". It then will be sent up the street to the Woodhaven plant that is shared by Mazda for stripes. They call that plant the foriegn plant because of the Mazda's. They will just drive your car up the street to that plant. After the stripes are put on it will be "Released from Foriegn Plant". These terms are used by Customer Service when you call the 1-800 number to check on your cars status. The car will then go on a train and be delivered to your local depot and then put on a transport truck and trucked to your dealer where they will do the PDI and sell it to you.

If the vehicle goes to SAI from the plant then someone has to pay to send it back to your dealer to have the PDI done. That cost money and is not factored into the MSRP of the car. TRust me...it is a screw up.

Rob / Grabber

Well that's pretty much what I told my dealer that I had heard here so she said she would check on the details and get back to me. When she called me back she said that when the car was released by the plant for shipping that I would have to come into the dealer and pay for the car and show proof of insurance and at that point the car is mine but it would be shipped to Shelby for what ever purpose I wanted. I'm sure there are tons of more questions, but at this point, I guess I'll just have to ride it out and see what happens????

Well that's pretty much what I told my dealer that I had heard here so she said she would check on the details and get back to me. When she called me back she said that when the car was released by the plant for shipping that I would have to come into the dealer and pay for the car and show proof of insurance and at that point the car is mine but it would be shipped to Shelby for what ever purpose I wanted. I'm sure there are tons of more questions, but at this point, I guess I'll just have to ride it out and see what happens????

We all have asked Amy (Pres. SAI) about this, and it simply is not happening From the Plant to SAI and then From SAI to your Dealer. There is Ship thru Code for the GT500 for this. The Shelby GT - yes. My guess is that they have mixed up info. between the 2 Shelby's.

Sorry for the bad news. This is one of the reasons that I opted out of the 40th Pkg.

We all have asked Amy (Pres. SAI) about this, and it simply is not happening From the Plant to SAI and then From SAI to your Dealer. There is Ship thru Code for the GT500 for this. The Shelby GT - yes. My guess is that they have mixed up info. between the 2 Shelby's.

Sorry for the bad news. This is one of the reasons that I opted out of the 40th Pkg.

Can you tell me what part of the VIN tells me I have a GT 500?

You have stumped me with that T89 Code. I ordered a GT last summer and they are T82. The GT500's are all T88. Hold on 5 minutes. I am going to check something.

My VIN is "1ZVHT89SXxxxxxxxx" and Build week of 2/19/07. Unless there is a typo cause I only have an email from my dealer till Monday.

My VIN is "1ZVHT89SXxxxxxxxx" and Build week of 2/19/07. Unless there is a typo cause I only have an email from my dealer till Monday.

That explains it...It is a Typo on your e-mail that they sent you.

They might of ordered you a Shelby GT instead of a Shelby GT500. Alot of the dealers sales people do not have a clue on the difference between the 2. Man I am sorry I ruined your sleep for the night. :banghead:

That explains it...It is a Typo on your e-mail that they sent you.

They might of ordered you a Shelby GT instead of a Shelby GT500. Alot of the dealers sales people do not have a clue on the difference between the 2. Man I am sorry I ruined your sleep for the night. :banghead:

JD - Sorry your sleep got ruined for the night but the T89 is not a bad number. It is the designator for a GT500 convertible. T88=coupe. T=89=convertible. Hopefully you can rest easier now.

Grabber since he is getting a convertible his car will not be going to foreign plant correct?

As far as PDI is concerned is it possible that Shelby Autos would be performing the PDI inspection? This way it never has to be shipped to a dealer.

JD - Are you picking your car up in Vegas after it is done?

I will be at my dealer on Monday with lots of questions!!

Thanks for the Info Grabber!!

jdaallen, The T89 IS Shelby Convertible

Yes it is possible for a drop ship on a Shelby to a different dealer (shelby) as In my case the selling dealer was different than dealer I picked it up for. Its that simple. Also the Mazda's come down same assy line as the mustangs to again misinformation. AAI is the Mazda plant hence the Mazda serial numbr

1ZV IS MAZDA PLANT

H IS IT has airbags F if no airbags

T88 is coupe

T89 Is vert

S is 5.4L supercharged

next digit is the magic security one

next is year

next is again always 5 for plant

the next 6 are sequential VIN and not in order of build but within certain window usually

do not get too shook up about it as you may be correct

if your vin is T89 Its a GT500 Vert period. And it "could go to Shelby"

here you go grabber try out this actual VIN 1ZvFT80NX75200051 Its the car after the sequential GT500s that is an old wives tale they were built according to vin in order. Actually someone on this forum has 000018 claimed to be the 18th shelby built in fact when it was near end of 50 build.

how do I know this? a little birdie told me!

jdaallen I would like to see a copyof your dora and maybe I could help you out.

edit as forgot the V in Vin

JD - Sorry your sleep got ruined for the night but the T89 is not a bad number. It is the designator for a GT500 convertible. T88=coupe. T=89=convertible. Hopefully you can rest easier now.

Grabber since he is getting a convertible his car will not be going to foreign plant correct?

As far as PDI is concerned is it possible that Shelby Autos would be performing the PDI inspection? This way it never has to be shipped to a dealer.

jd, looks like I was typing as you were but you beat me to the punch! had to stop to get the info on consecutive 50

Yes it is possible for a drop ship on a Shelby to a different dealer (shelby) as In my case the selling dealer was different than dealer I picked it up for. Its that simple. Also the Mazda's come down same assy line as the mustangs to again misinformation. AAI is the Mazda plant hence the Mazda serial numbr

1ZV IS MAZDA PLANT

T88 is coupe

T89 Is vert

S is 5.4L supercharged

next is year

the next 6 are sequential VIN and not in order of build but within certain window usually

here you go grabber try out this actual VIN 1ZvFT80NX75200051 Its the car after the sequential GT500s that is an old wives tale they were built according to vin in order. Actually someone on this forum has 000018 claimed to be the 18th shelby built in fact when it was near end of 50 build.

TTB,

Thanks for clearing up the Vin # Code for a coupe. I did not know that.

I asked Amy if GT500's could be drop shipped to her and she told me no. I am aware that you can drop ship to other dealerships, but not to SAI unless this has recently changed. Did the drop ship to SAI on a GT500 just become available ????

The car will go to stripe plant unless stripe delete (bottom).

1ZV IS MAZDA PLANT

T88 is coupe

T89 Is vert

S is 5.4L supercharged

next is year

Thanks, TwinTurboBoss for the info, it relaxes me some to here that. I will be at my dealer Monday am and make sure (as possible anyway) of what's going on. As i said previously, as soon as I got the word from my dealer I called Shelby and discussed the delivery with them and all seemed to be normal to them. I do have to take delivery of my car at Shelby in Vegas according to what I've been told so far.

Thanks again!!

Steve said 2 days. We'll see. They are busy busy.

Steve said installation of the package is only a couple of days but your car may sit there a month or more depending on their schedule. He said it would help by having it direct shipped from Ford as I did.

Jdaallen

Steve said installation of the package is only a couple of days but your car may sit there a month or more depending on their schedule. He said it would help by having it direct shipped from Ford as I did.

Jdaallen

This is another reason I opted out. :shrug:

Something is screwed up. This is how it works. Your car does not have to get shipped anywhere to get stripes put on it. After your car is "bucked", it will be built in 23.7 hours and since they work 2) 8 hour shifts your car will be done in a day and a half. It then will be "released from Plant". It then will be sent up the street to the Woodhaven plant that is shared by Mazda for stripes. They call that plant the foriegn plant because of the Mazda's. They will just drive your car up the street to that plant. After the stripes are put on it will be "Released from Foriegn Plant". These terms are used by Customer Service when you call the 1-800 number to check on your cars status. The car will then go on a train and be delivered to your local depot and then put on a transport truck and trucked to your dealer where they will do the PDI and sell it to you.

If the vehicle goes to SAI from the plant then someone has to pay to send it back to your dealer to have the PDI done. That cost money and is not factored into the MSRP of the car. TRust me...it is a screw up.

Well I have the answers from my dealer and FORD!! My car is being drop shipped to Shelby directly. Any one can do it just by asking their dealer. When my dealer gets the "Released from Foriegn Plant" notice, I will have to go to them and pay for the car and show proof of insurance. From that point on, the car is mine. It is my responsibility to comunicate the delivery statis to Shelby so they know it's comming. Shelby will do the 40th Package and I must pick it up there or make my own arrangements for delivery to me. (I will be picking it up myself). I have had multiple conversations with my dealer, Ford (via my dealer), and Shelby about this and am conifident it will happen this way. My DORA reflects this information also. Hope this helps anyone wondering how it can work for the asking. :yup:

Question: Who does the PDI ? PDI's cost money! Is SAI doing the PDI ? Who is paying them to do it ?

Archived