TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Navigation

When I ordered my 2008 Shelby GT/SC I didn't add the Navigation option as one what I was using the car for I didn't need it and two my situation has changed as to where I prefer to drive the car to events rather than tow it and even though I have driven all over the U.S. and I got built-in Navigation into my head I now know some of the other advantages it has.

What I want to do is swap out my head unit for one with the Navigation unit and need to know is this a straight forward swap? I have no idea hence why I am asking? I prefer the FORD unit rather than installing one from Kenwood or Pioneer

Last question... is there any difference between the Navigation unit that came on the 2008's compared to the 2009 model?

When I ordered my 2008 Shelby GT/SC I didn't add the Navigation option as one what I was using the car for I didn't need it and two my situation has changed as to where I prefer to drive the car to events rather than tow it and even though I have driven all over the U.S. and I got built-in Navigation into my head I now know some of the other advantages it has.

What I want to do is swap out my head unit for one with the Navigation unit and need to know is this a straight forward swap? I have no idea hence why I am asking? I prefer the FORD unit rather than installing one from Kenwood or Pioneer

Last question... is there any difference between the Navigation unit that came on the 2008's compared to the 2009 model?

Plug n Play if you have the Shaker 500. Factory nav units don't work with the shaker 1000 set-up but can be made to do so although the sub woofer goes bye-bye.

Steve

Plug n Play if you have the Shaker 500. Factory nav units don't work with the shaker 1000 set-up but can be made to do so although the sub woofer goes bye-bye.

Steve

OK... got the Shaker 500 so then should be easy

OK... got the Shaker 500 so then should be easy

I have a 2008 Ford Nav Unit that I can't use anymore because I had the Kicker Upgrade put in.

This is a Ford 6CD GPS MP3 Navigation Radio I bought in June '08. It has the 7P version of the Nav DVD and GPS antenna.

I'll take $750 and I'll throw in the shipping. Keep in mind, I had this reprogrammed for the Shaker 500.

I have a 2008 Ford Nav Unit that I can't use anymore because I had the Kicker Upgrade put in.

This is a Ford 6CD GPS MP3 Navigation Radio I bought in June '08. It has the 7P version of the Nav DVD and GPS antenna.

I'll take $750 and I'll throw in the shipping. Keep in mind, I had this reprogrammed for the Shaker 500.

Guap, who did the programming for you ? I need my Nav reprogrammed.

Thanks !

Will the 2008 work in a 2007 with Shaker 500, no differences? Can you enlarge your pictures? They come up tiny when you click on them. Thanks

I didn't want the factory Nav/XM setup because I thought the antenna on the trunk spoiled the looks. But, that's me.

So, I bought this Pioneer. It also has an iPod hookup that lets you control the iPod (playlists, artist, etc.) from the touchscreen. For an additional $100 or so, I got the XM.

My car is a DD and my commute is about 30 minutes each way. So, it worked out well for me.

They hid the antenna under the center gauge housing (mine is an SGT-California-Edition which included the center gage pod).

So, just as an FYI....

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-X920BT

I didn't want the factory Nav/XM setup because I thought the antenna on the trunk spoiled the looks. But, that's me.

So, I bought this Pioneer. It also has an iPod hookup that lets you control the iPod (playlists, artist, etc.) from the touchscreen. For an additional $100 or so, I got the XM.

My car is a DD and my commute is about 30 minutes each way. So, it worked out well for me.

They hid the antenna under the center gauge housing (mine is an SGT-California-Edition which included the center gage pod).

So, just as an FYI....

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-X920BT

The factory Nav's antenna goes in the same spot yours did there is no external antenna for the factory Nav.

It's only the XM antenna goes on the trunk which I wasn't aware you could get XM with the Factory Nav only with the Shaker 500/1000. Anyone seen this?

?

Just a quick note, I found one on Ebay from a 2008 F-450, so I called my dealer to ask about the fit. They said all the Ford navagation units are car specific. Just thought I'd add that $0.02

Jim

Some NAV units are car specific but the nav unit for the Mustang is the same unit used in other FLM vehicles and can be programmed for a Mustang. The programming changes the start-up "splash screen" and optimizes the speaker output for each specific car. The Mustang, FreeStyle, 500/ Taurus, Escape, Explorer, full size trucks along with their Mercury twins use the same style nav unit. Some Mercury & Lincoln navs will have chrome knobs or silver paint.

I found it easier to just purchase a nav unit from a similar Mustang to avoid any programming costs/issues. Be sure to buy from from the same bodystyle. For example if you have a convertible Shelby buy one from a convertible Mustang.

Steve

The factory Nav's antenna goes in the same spot yours did there is no external antenna for the factory Nav.

It's only the XM antenna goes on the trunk which I wasn't aware you could get XM with the Factory Nav only with the Shaker 500/1000. Anyone seen this?

?

Oh. Good to know.

But, too late for me :hysterical:

Are there iPod controls with the factory nav? Or can you only control volume?

Thx

Oh. Good to know.

But, too late for me :hysterical:

Are there iPod controls with the factory nav? Or can you only control volume?

Thx

2007-2009 only has volume from the Aux input, unless you get the iPod kit from Pioneer. The new SYNC option with the 10+ Nav units include full iPod integration.

This unit will let you control your iPod through the Satellite Radio controls. I've been meaning to purchase one but they are pricey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saleen-Mustang-iPod-Direct-Adapter-Kit-2005-09-w-SIRIUS-/170496979557?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item27b2697265

Will the 2008 work in a 2007 with Shaker 500, no differences? Can you enlarge your pictures? They come up tiny when you click on them. Thanks

Hey this is Jon we emailed a few months ago i live in Cedar Rapids, and have an 07 Shelby Gt, i would like to take a look at your car with some of the upgrades if you dont mind when you have time, give me a call 319-431-5091 thanks!

This unit will let you control your iPod through the Satellite Radio controls. I've been meaning to purchase one but they are pricey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saleen-Mustang-iPod-Direct-Adapter-Kit-2005-09-w-SIRIUS-/170496979557?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item27b2697265

Well, too bad it won't work with my unit :( Just found out....Likely will with the 08-09 versions but check 1st.

Well, too bad it won't work with my unit :( Just found out....Likely will with the 08-09 versions but check 1st.

Well, the guy didn't really know what he was talking about.... :doh:

This unit WILL work with my 2007 Nav Unit # 7R3T-18K931-AC :happy feet:

http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.aspx?partfamilyid=22858&partid=786642

See attachment...

ipod adapter.pdf

ipod adapter.pdf

Ed,

You have the factory Nav unit or the pioneer unit? How did you get it to work with the shaker 1000 system? We need to talk. Guessing you'll be around at the events this weekend?

Sean

Republic of Texas, that's funny... you must be born and bred Texan... anymore of this idiot's screwups Texas might have to go its own again and I'm coming..lol

Republic of Texas, that's funny... you must be born and bred Texan... anymore of this idiot's screwups Texas might have to go its own again and I'm coming..lol

Hell ya... :yup:

Ed,

You have the factory Nav unit or the pioneer unit? How did you get it to work with the shaker 1000 system? We need to talk. Guessing you'll be around at the events this weekend?

Sean

It's factory ;) See ya Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this post is a couple weeks old, but I figured I'd chime in. I'm the keep it "relatively stock" type, but this was the first thing I did to my SGT. I put the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT in the car and I love it. INSTANTLY, DRASTICALLY improved the sound quality. Must just have something to do with the processing that the stock deck can't do. Plus you've got the capability of Navigation, Voice recognition, XM, Sirius, HD radio, Ipod direct control (with movies), Bluetooth (iphone music and calls), Pandoralink (for iphones), AVIC Feeds (for iphones), SD card slot, MSN Direct (gas prices, movie times, weather), etc.. As far as daily use, for my daily driving this was the best $1000 I spent. I bought it right when it came out, but can probably find one for $700-800 now and a very easy install. Even had the guys at the local Car Toys comment that they couldn't see a reason to upgrade the speakers, "as good as that sounds". And these were the SALES GUYS! I've heard the Kenwood is nice too, but I'm heard more people happy with the current Pioneer units.

My $0.02

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27b2697265

Thanks for the link. I really like that unit. Just checked the manufacturers website and the only thing I don't really care for is that you have to do the connection to the Sirius receiver in the trunk and then run the cable all the way up to your glove box. Still, I may go with this.

As for the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and AVIC-Z120BT, with both of them I'd have to run a separate GPS receiver. Neither one is compatible with the current Sirius setup. I already have that receiver pimple on my trunk and wouldn't want to have to install something different.

FYI, I have the sirius module on my trunk lid too (wish I didn't) , but my Pioneer gps module (much small btw) is just magnetically attached to the inside of the trunk lid under one of the cross "beams". You can't even see it. I brought it up through the oem harness tube and it can't even tell it's there. My XM one is in the same place, but you'd never know.

FYI, I have the sirius module on my trunk lid too (wish I didn't) , but my Pioneer gps module (much small btw) is just magnetically attached to the inside of the trunk lid under one of the cross "beams". You can't even see it. I brought it up through the oem harness tube and it can't even tell it's there. My XM one is in the same place, but you'd never know.

Do you mean that it gets the signals through the metal trunk lid? Doesn't seem like that would work. :headscratch:

Yes. Both my 05GT and this car have been setup the exact same way. Used to have it mounted on the bottom of the back window, then the adhesive came off and it slipped down and stuck itself to the bottom of the trunk lid. Didn't realize it for god knows how long. When I finally realized it, I re-fed it so it came up the factory harness tube and just tucked it under the bracing, just to see if it would still work. It did, so I've installed them that way from then on.

Thanks for the link. I really like that unit. Just checked the manufacturers website and the only thing I don't really care for is that you have to do the connection to the Sirius receiver in the trunk and then run the cable all the way up to your glove box. Still, I may go with this.

As for the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and AVIC-Z120BT, with both of them I'd have to run a separate GPS receiver. Neither one is compatible with the current Sirius setup. I already have that receiver pimple on my trunk and wouldn't want to have to install something different.

I would go with one of these instead of the one on ebay. I bet the tech support would be much better.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=22858#results

Good Luck !

Archived