TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Shelby's @ Starbucks"

sprint200

Everyone in the Oklahoma City area is invited to attend a weekly gathering of Shelby's and Shelby enthusiasts at the Starbucks on McArthur & NW Expressway 15th Street and Bryant in Edmond. Hopefully this location will be convenient enough to draw some of you folks from Yukon and Mustang too.....

We are still gathering information on who's interested and which night would work for the majority of people. But right now we are leaning towards Monday evenings at 7:30pm.

The first meeting is tenatively scheduled for Monday July 26th. I will update this post as we solidify our plans.

frankc5601 has graciously volunteered to help us coordinate the gathering. If you get a phone call from him or get chased down by an orange GT500..........well, you're on our list then........ :ninja:

edit: location change as of August 30, 2010. Until further notice we will meet at 2141 W. 15th Street, Edmond, OK 73013

• 2 weeks later...

wish I was :(

Sherri, you and Monte (yes, he can come too) are always welcome any time you're in town! In fact, I might get our daughter to come if she knew that you'ld be there...............

The hourly forcast is calling for 0% precip and 88 degrees at 7:30 PM tonight! Looking good. :dance:

BTW, I'll be wearing my black Team Shelby T-shirt so I should be easy to find :salute:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting tomorrow we'll be meeting at the same time (7:30PM Mondays) at the Starbuck's at 2141 W. 15th Street (15th & Bryant) in Edmond. Hope to see some of you there.

What do you think of the idea of forming an Oklahoma Shelby Club to include members from Edmond, OKC, Moore and Norman? We could meet on Saturdays or Sundays in a central location like Bricktown.

What do you think of the idea of forming an Oklahoma Shelby Club to include members from Edmond, OKC, Moore and Norman? We could meet on Saturdays or Sundays in a central location like Bricktown.

There is work ongoing behind the scenes in this regard. Hopefully we should know something soon. Stay tuned..........

I'm brand new to the forum and fairly new to my GT500. I was hoping that you were still meeting at the Edmond location on Monday evenings. I would be happy to stop in if you were still planning on it.

Thanks,

James

We'll be there, Monday's at 7:30......... If you know any other owners bring them along.

• 3 weeks later...

Drove by last night but didn't see any Stangs. Anybody still making it to these meetings?

That was the first night I have missed since July 26th! I was on my way home from the Terlingua event.

Did anyone show up last night?

I was the only one there (drove the white Terlingua). I have been doing this for over 3 months now and only twice has anybody shown up. I'm ready to call it "dead" unless I see some interest from somebody besides me!

That was the first night I have missed since July 26th! I was on my way home from the Terlingua event.

I was the only one there (drove the white Terlingua). I have been doing this for over 3 months now and only twice has anybody shown up. I'm ready to call it "dead" unless I see some interest from somebody besides me!

I guess this is the price to pay for exclusivity. I have seen very few Shelby's around Norman, while Camaro's and Challengers are thick as fleas on a dog. I joined the Oklahoma Mustang Club earlier this year and they acted like Shelby's aren't real Mustangs. It might be that the Oklahoma City Metro is so spread out that no one meeting location is convenient for everyone. Saturday's are difficult here because of OU football games; so Sunday's at a central location might be better. There are probably enough Shelby's in the OKC Metro area to form a club; but we need to find a way to advertise the meetings and find a time and place that is optimal. It might be helpful to find out how other metro area Shelby clubs have adressed these issues. So far it seems like herding cats.

I guess this is the price to pay for exclusivity. I have seen very few Shelby's around Norman, while Camaro's and Challengers are thick as fleas on a dog. I joined the Oklahoma Mustang Club earlier this year and they acted like Shelby's aren't real Mustangs. It might be that the Oklahoma City Metro is so spread out that no one meeting location is convenient for everyone. Saturday's are difficult here because of OU football games; so Sunday's at a central location might be better. There are probably enough Shelby's in the OKC Metro area to form a club; but we need to find a way to advertise the meetings and find a time and place that is optimal. It might be helpful to find out how other metro area Shelby clubs have adressed these issues. So far it seems like herding cats.

This sucks.....I was about to say that I could be there this coming Monday but I will actually be working late. If I knew that someone would be there on a certain date and time that is agreeable to both/all, I would make it. Mondays are usually OK for me. Just bad luck that this coming Monday isn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Just because I don't post every Monday doesn't mean no one's there. I was there last week; will be there again tonight if anyone cares to join me.

There will never be a week day that works for everyone consistantly and Monday seemed to be the evening with the least conflict for schedules. My hope was that a consistant schedule would allow people like JMSRX to drop by when they were able but not feel guilty for having to miss when they couldn't make it. But this only works when there's more than just 1 car showing up regularly.

Exclusivity is a moot point with these cars! I know of at least 20 GT500's within a 10 mile radius of here. People just need to get them out and drive them for Pete's sake!

Now if you're trying to tell me that I'm wearing the wrong deoderant then that's another story............ :redcard:

Just because I don't post every Monday doesn't mean no one's there. I was there last week; will be there again tonight if anyone cares to join me.

There will never be a week day that works for everyone consistantly and Monday seemed to be the evening with the least conflict for schedules. My hope was that a consistant schedule would allow people like JMSRX to drop by when they were able but not feel guilty for having to miss when they couldn't make it. But this only works when there's more than just 1 car showing up regularly.

Exclusivity is a moot point with these cars! I know of at least 20 GT500's within a 10 mile radius of here. People just need to get them out and drive them for Pete's sake!

Now if you're trying to tell me that I'm wearing the wrong deoderant then that's another story............ :redcard:

Monday's don't work for me because I go to bible study that night. What would you think of having a cruise to Muscle Car Ranch in Shawnee?

I'll try to make the next one. Weather permitting.

The weather looks perfect; cloudy, high 50's..............only 20 PCP.

I think JMSRX & family will be there. The wife & I will have our dirty, track-worn, slicks-shod orange beast there too! Just pulled it off the trailer this morning from running a new personal best at Hallett yesterday :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived