TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More PBF badges

TheKurgan

Get 'em while you can...

http://www.performancepartsinc.com/exterior_05_09.html

About half way down that page...

2007-08 SHELBY GT "POWERED BY FORD" fender emblem set, limited availability, new...view $129.99/set

Just called and they said they were out right now, but they get them in periodically like 1 set a day. I forgot to ask where they got them from.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The price keeps going up as they had them list for $99 about a month ago.

Ah didn't realize this was old news. I just saw on another forum where a guy just bought a set. Good thing that registry exists!(hopefully)

Get 'em while you can...

http://www.performan...rior_05_09.html

2007-08 SHELBY GT "POWERED BY FORD" fender emblem set, limited availability, new...view $129.99/set

Just called and they said they were out right now, but they get them in periodically like 1 set a day. I forgot to ask where they got them from.

Thanks for helping me spend $146.00 tonight.

Their shipping rates sucks and they should be ashamed of themselves for charging $16 for shipping. hysterical3.gif

Their shipping rates sucks and they should be ashamed of themselves for charging $16 for shipping. hysterical3.gif

Well, you are a true Shelby Patriot though. The way I see it is more SGT owners with these things in their hands means less for cloning and protecting our car's identity.

Well, you are a true Shelby Patriot though. The way I see it is more SGT owners with these things in their hands means less for cloning and protecting our car's identity.

I'm just paranoid someone will steal mine off the car and if that ever happens I want a extra set. Plus I'm a Shelby packrat drool.gif

I'm just paranoid someone will steal mine off the car and if that ever happens I want a extra set. Plus I'm a Shelby packrat drool.gif

Under Amy a police report was required if they were stolen. Maybe under the new president all that will be required will be our CSM # and identification....as it should be. I've got 1 extra one myself from a fender bender I had. I told them it was lost in the wreck. The other perfectly good one on the other fender had to be taken off and sent back to Shelby since they only let them go in pairs.

Yeah, $16 for shipping is highway robbery. They could ship these priority mail for $5. I called them today and they are currently sold out. He said worst case scenario is 2-3 weeks before they'll be getting more in. I'm tempted to order a set to have a back up and curious if these are the real deal. Let us know when you get yours. Thanks

Yeah, $16 for shipping is highway robbery. They could ship these priority mail for $5. I called them today and they are currently sold out. He said worst case scenario is 2-3 weeks before they'll be getting more in. I'm tempted to order a set to have a back up and curious if these are the real deal. Let us know when you get yours. Thanks

Real Deal, here are mine :)

post-14759-12792463014_thumb.jpg

post-14759-12792463014_thumb.jpg

That's my thought too.

• 2 weeks later...

Real Deal, here are mine smile.gif

BULLSHIpT that they are NOT real. I guess if you had a real SGT you would be able to tell the difference.

I just recieved mine today and I am so pissed they are a fake. Here is a photo of the my orginal set and this cheap azz copy. They are close and if I didn't have the set that came on my car to compare them to I would assume they would be real.

Lets see how many of you can guess which set is the orginal set and which set are fakes.

I am bringing this fake set to oshkosh and showing the 5 FORD VIPS that will be there and see what they think of this.

I will be contacting this company tomorrow and calling them out on this and demanding my $146.00 back.

38480_450587374492_770734492_6070770_333413_n.jpg

Get 'em while you can...

http://www.performan...rior_05_09.html

If you hadn't started this thread claiming they were real I wouldn't have just wasted $146.00

BULLSHIpT that they are NOT real. I guess if you had a real SGT you would be able to tell the difference.

I just recieved mine today and I am so pissed they are a fake. Here is a photo of the my orginal set and this cheap azz copy. They are close and if I didn't have the set that came on my car to compare them to I would assume they would be real.

Lets see how many of you can guess which set is the orginal set and which set are fakes.

Top ones !!

Double silver ring arounf the Blue Oval !!

Sorry for you loss

Andrew

How do I know cause these babies are the real deal from my totaled SGT I keep them in the safe with the dash plaque and engine plaque!!!!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Top ones !!

Double silver ring arounf the Blue Oval !!

Sorry for you loss

Andrew

How do I know cause these babies are the real deal from my totaled SGT I keep them in the safe with the dash plaque and engine plaque!!!!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Look at the finish of the lower set. It's NOT the same as the top set.

The black paint behind the powered by ford is much shiner on the fakes ones.

The red stripe is duller.

The blue stripe is duller.

The Powered by Ford letters are more crisp on the fake ones.

The red stripe is not smooth it kind of bleeds into the chrome and that was my first indication.

The fake ones have a double circle ring around the Ford logo.

Their website state that they charge a 20% restocking fee and their insane $16 shipping charge is non refundable. By the way they shipped them with signature required and insured them for $200 and they were in a $5.00 small flat rate priority box. They also state that you must return items within 10 days.

The website looks really cheap and that was a red flag for me but I still ordered them.

Glad that I did order them so now we all know that they are FAKE

I can't wait to hear what this guy has to say tomorrow. I want my entire $146.00 back and I am charging him $16.00 to ship them back so if he is smart he will send me $161 back to my paypal account. Thank GOD I used paypal and not my credit card.

I hope this company gets there azz sued by Ford for reproducing these.

If you hadn't started this thread claiming they were real I wouldn't have just wasted $146.00

Wow I'm very sorry. I had no idea there were rip off's being made now. I'll definitely spread the word to not buy from this company if you don't get your money back. Curious to see what they say...

Wow I'm very sorry. I had no idea there were rip off's being made now. I'll definitely spread the word to not buy from this company if you don't get your money back. Curious to see what they say...

I have followed these on E-bay for a few months now, I noticed something right of the bat that no one else has mentioned yet.

Besides the finish being different, and the double FORD rings there was a bigger give a way...

The blue tape. All the PBF badges I have seen on E-bay have the blue tape so I knew which pair you just bought and which ones are not just bought.

Any other differences since we are discussing these?

Its Ok you didn't know and I know you were only trying to help.

I just can't believe the way some companies think. If they reproduced these they should charge about $10 bucks for them then it wouldn't be such a scam. It was only a matter of time that these would get reproduced I guess we dont know if they reproduced them or if they are buying them from someone else reproducing them, either way its good to know that the fakes are obvious.

Oh well, they looked real....., I just got my set yesterday......they were backordered when I placed my order, they said 14-21 days for delivery, I got mine 14 days later, they were very responsive to my email inquires and assured me the backorder would be filled shortly, it was, as promised.

Of course they never mentioned they were knock offs, serves me right for thinking I could get something good for cheap...

It would be interesting to compare these to the ones that Ford ships with each crate engine.

It's conceivable that Ford has multiple vendors and what you are seeing is just a standard variation.

I just spoke with Performace Parts INC (PPI) I asked him if they were real and he side stepped the question then I kept asking if they were real and he said that as far as he knows they are real FORD badges. I asked for a return and he said no problem and I asked about the 20% restocking fee and he said that he would not charge that. I recorded the conversation and once I figure out how to post it to YOUTUBE you all will get a good laugh at his responces. He knew damn well that these are fakes but kept side stepping the fact that they were.

I guess this company is not a total rip off but they are sneaky and thats enough for me to not go back

I just spoke with Performace Parts INC (PPI) I asked him if they were real and he side stepped the question then I kept asking if they were real and he said that as far as he knows they are real FORD badges. I asked for a return and he said no problem and I asked about the 20% restocking fee and he said that he would not charge that. I recorded the conversation and once I figure out how to post it to YOUTUBE you all will get a good laugh at his responces.

Don't do that. It's illegal to record someone's voice without their consent and as for putting it on tube...that could lead to even worse charges. Ask him to not display those badges as being the ones that came on Shelby GT's because they are not and as such would be false advertising.

Archived