TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Performance Driving Schools in Texas

texaggie

Does anyone know of a good place in Texas to contact about getting some good lap times in and get some professional instruction on how to really get the most out of my GT500? Any and all ideas would be greatly appriciated, and thanks in advance.

Does anyone know of a good place in Texas to contact about getting some good lap times in and get some professional instruction on how to really get the most out of my GT500? Any and all ideas would be greatly appriciated, and thanks in advance.

Aside from travelling to attend an actual "racing school" (which can be spendy), you should contact the NASA-TX folks http://nasatxracing.com/index.php?

Their next event is in College Station at the end of this month. The NASA HPDE (High Performance Driver Education) events are structured to give you both good instruction and a safe environment to learn and improve your driving skills from the Beginners level all the way up through Experienced. It also preps you to earn your competition license from NASA if you desire to continue past HPDE4.

IMHO, if you wait till you get to the HPDE3 level before going to a driving school (like Bondurant) I think you will get a lot more out of your tuition dollars.

Check out Apex Driving Academy (apexdrivingacademy.com) and The Drivers Edge (thedriversedge.net). Both hold events in Houston (MRS) and Fort Worth (Motorsports Ranch, TMS, Eagles Canyon).

I went thru Apex and I'm partial to Motorsports Ranch in Cresson (This where the Texas 350 will be held).

Driver Edge has an event at MRS coming up.

Check out Apex Driving Academy (apexdrivingacademy.com) and The Drivers Edge (thedriversedge.net). Both hold events in Houston (MRS) and Fort Worth (Motorsports Ranch, TMS, Eagles Canyon).

I went thru Apex and I'm partial to Motorsports Ranch in Cresson (This where the Texas 350 will be held).

Driver Edge has an event at MRS coming up.

I really like Motorsport Ranch as well! And I will be there this weekend also! The email I received on Friday said they still had some spots left.

Archived