TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Repaint Their Front Fascia ALL WHITE?

Going in to have my warranty work done...

I'm gonna have my stripes off, fascia off, grille out, etc... so I figured I'd repaint my front fascia, since it's all beat up at the bottom.

I'm debating whether or not to shoot it ALL white, including the splitter, so it looks like the original white SGT prototype in all the pictures and posters.

Also wondering how it'd look when I install the lower billet grille and brake duct/driving light bezels.

Anyone chime in here...

Jer

I'm gonna have my stripes off, fascia off, grille out, etc... so I figured I'd repaint my front fascia, since it's all beat up at the bottom.

I'm debating whether or not to shoot it ALL white, including the splitter, so it looks like the original white SGT prototype in all the pictures and posters.

Also wondering how it'd look when I install the lower billet grille and brake duct/driving light bezels.

Anyone chime in here...

Jer

I am almost 100% sure that I will be painting mine, splitter and all. But them I think to myself what about the back bumper!headscratch.gif

I am almost 100% sure that I will be painting mine, splitter and all. But them I think to myself what about the back bumper!headscratch.gif

Well, with the white cars it's a more dramatic change... I think it might be cool...

And then I can ALSO add the McFarmdog silver stripes on the splitter (we white-car-guys have been kinda left out on that mod)...cry.gif

Jer

Anyone chime in here...

Jer

My car is white and had SAI paint it before it was shipped to my dealer for delivery. I think it looks much better than having it black.

I like the look, but I've always intended to add the CF splitter cover from Raceskinz. The stripe could be easily applied to the cover.

I 'm not into the CF "look" on an American car. Although their SEMA Show pix of the rear seat delete looked cool (if I remember correctly).

Jer

My car is white and had SAI paint it before it was shipped to my dealer for delivery. I think it looks much better than having it black.

Didn't you have some pictures of this that you posted at the time? I remember you did your side mirrors too and it looked sharp. Post those pics again please.

Mine is getting painted white but with the stripes on it, also having the stripes painted on Midwest Autogear's (white) radiator cover and stripes through license plate indent.

will post photos when done

take care

Andrew

Please do... sounds great!

Jer

Anyone chime in here...

Jer

Photo of fascia painted white.

post-7892-127916091483_thumb.jpg

post-7892-127916091483_thumb.jpg

Photo of fascia painted white.

SMGT, you have a lot of other stuff going on there, so I can't picture my final result, but it looks cool... thanks...

Jer

I think, to look best, if you paint the fascia white you should keep the inset (brake scoop) area black, and it must have the stripes.

Then I would also go w/ the lower billet grille.

I think, to look best, if you paint the fascia white you should keep the inset (brake scoop) area black, and it must have the stripes.

Then I would also go w/ the lower billet grille.

+1000!!!

+1000!!!

So, I decided to go all white, and I have the lower grille, brake duct bezels, driving lights, etc... stacked up in my garage, ready to go. New billet grille with 2008 mounting, new pony...

However, the dealer told me that the texture/material on that black bottom area doesn't take paint very well.

So, maybe I'll just keep it black. To be honest, I'm also thinking that going all white might make it look too "Roush-y"...

headscratch.gif

Hmmm...

Jer

It should be similar to the OEM mirrors, which I had color matched awhile back. They turned out awesome. The texture is definitely different than the rest of the car, but not in a bad way. I'd give it a go, just make sure the paint shop preps the plastic as much as possible before attempting to spray it.

With the stripes to go with it, it'll look killer.

It should be similar to the OEM mirrors, which I had color matched awhile back. They turned out awesome. The texture is definitely different than the rest of the car, but not in a bad way. I'd give it a go, just make sure the paint shop preps the plastic as much as possible before attempting to spray it.

With the stripes to go with it, it'll look killer.

How do people put splitter stripes on it?

I can't picture the material sticking or laying flat on it....

I'm thinking I might just get this warranty stuff wrapped up, then later do a resurfacing sanding job on it and make it smooth like the rest of the bodywork, then stripe it. I'm still gonna have them paint the fascia, it'd be nuts NOT to while the stripes are off and it's off the car.

Jer

Not a very good body shop if they don't know how to properly prep and paint that textured area. The '06 GT-H's had this area painted by Shelby. I also liked how the painted center looked on the prototype and I had the center painted on my '07 Mustang. The body shop had no issues with it and three years later, it still looks great.

So, I decided to go all white, and I have the lower grille, brake duct bezels, driving lights, etc... stacked up in my garage, ready to go. New billet grille with 2008 mounting, new pony...

However, the dealer told me that the texture/material on that black bottom area doesn't take paint very well.

So, maybe I'll just keep it black. To be honest, I'm also thinking that going all white might make it look too "Roush-y"...

headscratch.gif

Hmmm...

Jer

If you can wait you are gonna see the same stuff in mine, the black upper and lower grilles, the PIAA lights, brake bezels, white bottom area with black painted on stripes.

I am at our factory in Mexico until Monday and will get the front and rear bumpers back to the painter by Wednesday and should see all back in a week.

Good Luck

Andrew

Not a very good body shop if they don't know how to properly prep and paint that textured area. The '06 GT-H's had this area painted by Shelby. I also liked how the painted center looked on the prototype and I had the center painted on my '07 Mustang. The body shop had no issues with it and three years later, it still looks great.

wow, no doubt! it's not that tough, I've done it on other vehicles with no problems, I could see a issue if you wanted to leave the texture MAYBE, but to smooth and paint a small area like that isn't a big deal....

Well, it's Gaudin Ford here in Vegas, who Shelby recommends as THE place to get stuff done, I hear that they've had some factory cars done over there occasionally.

As for the texture , maybe I didn't push the issue enough, or communicated the idea poorly. It's possible.

Jer

If you can wait you are gonna see the same stuff in mine, the black upper and lower grilles, the PIAA lights, brake bezels, white bottom area with black painted on stripes.

I am at our factory in Mexico until Monday and will get the front and rear bumpers back to the painter by Wednesday and should see all back in a week.

Good Luck

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew... I'm doing the regular color grilles, the top one's just pitted badly and the surround is warped, so I'm putting in new ones, and I figure the 2008-style mounting will look cleaner, too. The pony's pitted BAD. And I've just been stockpiling the lower grille and other stuff until the warranty part's done, since they'd have a tougher time AFTER it's all installed.

I may also upgrade to the billet hood pin setup, since I'll be changing over to aluminum screws the day the car gets home... the hood's getting repainted, so I'll want to give it a good fresh start. Anyone have any extras to sell me after buying a box of 100?

hysterical.gif

Be sure to send pix of yours when you can, looking forward to seeing it.

Jer

I know it is not white, but I thought you might find the pics useful. The one pic has both the Shelby upper and lower grills. The other pictures are with the Shelby upper grill and a Silver Horse Racing black lower grill.

post-3252-127925296327_thumb.jpg

post-3252-127925341009_thumb.jpg

post-3252-127925346062_thumb.jpg

post-3252-127925296327_thumb.jpg

post-3252-127925341009_thumb.jpg

post-3252-127925346062_thumb.jpg

I know it is not white, but I thought you might find the pics useful. The one pic has both the Shelby upper and lower grills. The other pictures are with the Shelby upper grill and a Silver Horse Racing black lower grill.

Thanks for the pix... Yeah, it definitely changes the car's "facial expression"... hahahaha...

Looks great on yours, man, that's a classy ride. Nice work.

BTW, clear corners are a sharp upgrade too... those are on my list.

Jer

Archived