TEAM SHELBY FORUM

kahmann's photo journal

I take a ton of photos on a regular basis, but many of them are of topics that I don't find suitable for creating entirely new threads for, just to be able to post them up. So after following Grabber's "Shop" thread for awhile (among other similar threads), I've decided to start a single thread where I can post many more of my random photos in. Work pics, random car pics, engine shots, traveling photos, etc. This year has been a busy one for me, so I've got lots to show. Whether anyone's interested in any of it, I dunno...I guess I'll find out! :lol:

Aside from my own pics, feel free to post pics of your own of whatever you want, if you desire. Or write whatever you want and don't post pics at all. I prefer threads with little to no guidelines, so use this one however you want to.

So starting off, most recently, I flew to Denver, CO last Thursday night. I scheduled a meeting last Friday with the electrical engineers that are busy drawing the electrical plans for my proposed expansion to the power plant that I direct. I'll have plenty of photos of my job and of that expansion later. After the meeting, however, I met up with my sister who lived in Denver for the past year, so that I could drive her Budget rental truck all the way out to Sacramento where I live. She just started her job here today and is living with me until she finds a place of her own.

Anyway, I took a few pics of the 2 day journey from Colorado through Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and California. I had never been to Wyoming or Utah before this trip, so I was happy to check a couple of new states off my to do list. The most beautiful part of the trip by far was the mountain pass into Salt Lake City. The landscape was absolutely breathtaking on the east side of Utah.

Also, the salt flats out West were pretty amazing. We stopped at the Bonneville landmark for some pics with her dog Kaydee, then picked up a few souvenirs and kept on driving. Here are some pics of the salt flats.

DSC02790.jpg

DSC02789.jpg

DSC02783.jpg

Random pic post #1

My Shelby cert arrived in the mail a couple of weeks back. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the document, so I decided to throw some $ down on a nice custom frame. If anyone needs a framer in Sacramento, go to Ki Gifts & Custom Framing (http://www.kigifts.com/). The guy to talk to is Keith. He does tremendous work and is conveniently located just a couple blocks from the Capitol. Here's how my cert turned out.

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

I love taking photos as well.

I have a Leica D-Lux 4

and Sarah has a Canon D50

The photo of Kaydee standing on the salt flats is truely amazing.

How about more pitcures of your sister?hysterical.gif

Hey Rob, can you help me ban a user from just this thread?? :lol:

Just joshin - but I'll be sure to leave my sister out of this thread in the future! As for cameras, mine isn't anything really nice. It's a Sony DSC-H9 - 1080 HD. I should probably invest in something a lot better, but I'm so used to this one that I haven't made it a priority yet. I actually paid several hundred bucks to have this one FIXED not too long ago. It felt somewhat nostalgic to waltz into the local camera repair shop honestly. When most things like this break, I end up tossing them out and replacing them.

I like these kind of threads.happy%20feet.gif

cool !!!

Thanks Rob, I'm glad you like it - you should though since I totally stole your idea! ;)

Last month, I flew to NYC and Boston for the first time in my life. I've got a ton of photos from that trip, but will narrow it down to a small pile.

NYC was overwhelmingly humongous and was the first city I've ever visited that lived up to my own preconceived ideas of how grand it would be. Don't get me wrong, it was also filthy in places and many people were terribly rude, but it was still awe inspiring nonetheless. I certainly could never imagine living there, however. And if I did, I couldn't dream of owning a car in that city. I thought LA was bad for parking!

Boston was picture perfect to me. It was huge but not overwhelming. The culture, history, and architecture were all very rich. It felt like the perfect mix of NYC, Seattle, and Portland, OR all rolled into one. Anyway, while I was there, I caught a Red Sox/Phillies game at Fenway. Somehow I managed to score 3 last minute seats on the Green Monster for me, my wife, and my little girl. It was my daughter's first ballgame and hopefully one she remembers.

28271_456481434814_772329814_6132820_7523041_n.jpg

Hey Rob, can you help me ban a user from just this thread?? laugh.gif

Just joshin - but I'll be sure to leave my sister out of this thread in the future! As for cameras, mine isn't anything really nice. It's a Sony DSC-H9 - 1080 HD. I should probably invest in something a lot better, but I'm so used to this one that I haven't made it a priority yet. I actually paid several hundred bucks to have this one FIXED not too long ago. It felt somewhat nostalgic to waltz into the local camera repair shop honestly. When most things like this break, I end up tossing them out and replacing them.

LOL,:] you can't get rid of me that easy now I am going to have to post a ton of photos in your thread. slapfight.gif

salute.gif

Your Sony takes great photos.

I know how you feel about not wanting to change Cameras I have or had an Olympus C-5050 that was a killer camera until we went to SanFransico in June of 08. Sarah was there for a busines trip so I flew out there with our daughter Savannah, we rented a Shelby Hertz it was also my 35th Birthday trip so one of the days while Sarah had to work; Savannah and I did a little daddy daughter time. I took her down PCH 1 and we went past this little stable that you could get pony rides so I asked her if she wanted to go on her first pony ride and she said "well yeah daddy" so we pulled in there she really enjoyed herself on the ponies and before we left I wanted to get a picture of her standing next to the Shelby next to the ponies. I thought the picture would look better with the top down so my dumb azz put the camara on top of the car and went to put the top down forgetting that the camera is on top of the car so I folded the camera into the convertible top and squashed the lens back into the camera which in return wrecked it I got lucky that I didn't break the glass on the top. I couldn't believe I did that, I never did get the picture I wanted, I also had to buy a different camera while on vacation. Olympus claims they do not have parts for it so they cannot fix it. The camera I bought on vacation sucked so I recently I bought the Leica and I love it.

This is going to be a fun thread.

Random pic post #1

My Shelby cert arrived in the mail a couple of weeks back. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the document, so I decided to throw some $ down on a nice custom frame. If anyone needs a framer in Sacramento, go to Ki Gifts & Custom Framing (http://www.kigifts.com/). The guy to talk to is Keith. He does tremendous work and is conveniently located just a couple blocks from the Capitol. Here's how my cert turned out.

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

Great day to be documented into the registry. My birthdate. :happy feet:

So I went for a cruise to Half Moon Bay on the California coast south of San Francisco this past Sunday via a run along Hwy 35, otherwise known as Skyline Blvd. http://en.wikipedia...._State_Route_35

This beautiful stretch of 2 lane highway runs the coastal ridge from the Santa Cruz mountains all the way north to the City and is situated high above Silicon Valley between the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay. As such, it is inhabited by wealthy techno types who flood the area on weekends with a variety of wheeled "toys". A favorite hangout at a popular crossroads is Alice's Restaurant where I grabbed this photo of my Shelby GT500 parked next to a Tesla Roadster (license plate "NO FUMZ") amid a sea of motorcylces.

Here is a YouTube video of this stretch of road taken from a helmet cam

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BVjAY0IrPKo

SVTOAHalfMoonBayCruise005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

great thread Ken. maybe you could film the SGT going across the salt flats :beerchug:

Some day, Paul! Hopefully sooner than later.. ;)

So I went for a cruise to Half Moon Bay on the California coast south of San Francisco this past Sunday...

Great shots and video. I've been to Half Moon Bay once and had the pleasure of staying in the Ritz Carlton up there.

It cost me an arm and a leg, but it was well worth the view (and service).

Great idea to share your pics. I like the angle (perspective) of shots you take. Your shots from the Grabber event were great. :salute:

Thanks a lot man. I've got some new shots coming up here shortly.

I woke up this morning to my brother-in-law parked in my driveway.

I forgot that I had agreed to let him use my tools to get a much needed brake job done on his wife's 2000 Mercedes. It took him an hour or so working on the first brake before he'd finally ask me for help, but after I got him rolling, we got it wrapped up in no time. Turned out to be about a 4 beer job. ;)

I also snagged a couple of engine bay shots. This is a 'Kompressor' model, which means that this 4 banger is equipped with a cute little Eaton blower.

I spent a couple of minutes wiping the engine bay down with detailer spray before taking the shots. Then I spent a few more minutes scolding my brother-in-law for his poor maintenance record with this car! LOL

DSC03086.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

DSC03091.jpg

After I was done helping with the brake job, it was time to water the vegetable garden. My 2 year old daughter Layla has become quite the little helper, who insists on learning how to do literally everything she sees me do for herself.

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

Last weekend, I took my wife and 2 daughters camping. My sister and cousin also came with. We camped in a family campground on Jenkinson Lake in the Sierra Nevada mountains, not far from Tahoe. This is the first time my 05 F-150 has pulled the new boat and didn't do too awful, considering it's equipped with the 4.6 3V. But I sure wish I could snag up a Power Stroke right now instead!

Anyway, we camped out for 2 nights and 3 days and spent most of our time out on the water. It was a much needed retreat from the daily grind.

Here's me teaching Layla how to drive the Nautique.

DSC02841.jpg

My cousin TJ and the girls on the swim deck.

DSC02849.jpg

Swimming with my babies.

DSC02864.jpg

Archived