TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Rear Differential Installation

Grabber

That a condensate leak at the driver side H-pipe clamp?

Yes it is.

I think having the butt of the car up in the air like that made it drain back to the exhaust clamp and leak out there.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like you used a standard thread bolt at each boss (including the breather boss). Why didn't you tap and thread for tapered plugs?

Tob

YES ,there 7/16 -20 thread ,,same as the top hole ,,here are a few pictures of the install,,000143-R1-25-24A.jpg all the stuff to do it ,got the pump at Wal-Mart for $ 10.00

Edited by richard m.switzer

• 3 years later...

Just ordered Tana one of these for her 2009 GT500 for Christmas.

$149. 99 Each on the SPP site now, Plus $12 bucks shipping. These GT500KR Rear Differential Covers were used during the GT500KR Program in 2008 and 2009. Ford did extensive testing to guarantee a special cover that would not allow flex, afford maximum cooling, and be expandable (and easy-to-service) with separate fill and drain plugs. Comes complete with Ford mounting hardware.

KRDIFF-2KRreardifferentialcover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's difficult to find your women just the right Christmas gift. I think I hit it out of the park this year by getting her a bigger rear end cover. New lubrication and some friction additive. Tana is going to have the sexiest butt ever on her Shelby GT500. Check out the larger capacity, cooling fins, drain plug and fill plug. A serviceable unit. These are left over from the Shelby KR builds and are in very limited supply at Shelby America.

002-1.jpg

Thanks To You Rob I Now Have A Kr Rear Cover For My KR, It Never Had One From Day One,, Thanks For Sharing! Jon

I'm glad you picked one up. Have you gone down to Ford to purchase the oil and additive. They must think that stuff is made out of gold or Texas Tea because they charge a arm and a leg for the oil. 25 bucks a quart now. Sheesh.

My new cover took:

6 oz of Friction Modifier

2 full qts

8oz of the 3rd qt.

Total = 78 oz

Edited by Grabber