TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 shelby shuts down dynoe due to harmonics or EMI? huh!

ok so i have been to my tuners dyno a total of 2 times and the first time the dyno was working fine on the previous car and then i get mine up there and as soon as i hit a steady 2500 rpms or any other rpm the computer would lock up and freeze everything. jeff thought maybe the computer was older and it was overheating so he went out and bought a new system and i went back a week later for the final tune and dyno session. well funny thing was he had dynoed some other cars again prior to mine and everything worked great then i pull on there and bam the computer eats shit again. anyone ever heard of this type of thing happening before. jeff said he had heard of certain tones or EMI messing with computers so we ground the frame to the ground and tried some other b.s. to no avail. he has had some extremely loud cars in there and mine is definitely not one of those, with no problems on his dyno. well needless to say he is a lil peeved about the problem, and also the fact he just dropped some major coin on a new computer system. so what do you all know about this or have seen etc.

I used to have the same issues on a dynojet with a car with an MSD and solid core wires. Simple fix was not hook up the RPM sensor, a dynojet will still read horsepower without the rpm sensor so it worked out.

Who knows though, all you can do is hit a different dyno.

I'm a bit confused.

Has your car ever tested successfully on your tuner's dyno?

Or, it successfully tested one time before and now, on subsequent visits, it crashes the computer?

I guess I'm merely looking at the goal here. Is it to have your car successfully tested specifically on that shop's dyno, or rather, to determine the HP gains from mods/tune you have added to the vehicle?

Ironically, this may not ultimately be your problem. If your car tests successfully on another shop's dyno, then I'm thinking that, technically, you've solved "your" problem.

-Pockdog

If this persists, you may have to alter your sig... "BOOST... crashes dynos"

lol but i need some good input here fellas. it always seems like if there is a problem to be found i find it quick and in a hurry.

Well give us the scoop on the babe with what look to be sea shells and maybe you'll get more cooperation! In all seriousness I have no idea how to help solve your problems. I'm just here for the :salute:

I'm a bit confused.

Has your car ever tested successfully on your tuner's dyno?

Or, it successfully tested one time before and now, on subsequent visits, it crashes the computer?

I guess I'm merely looking at the goal here. Is it to have your car successfully tested specifically on that shop's dyno, or rather, to determine the HP gains from mods/tune you have added to the vehicle?

Ironically, this may not ultimately be your problem. If your car tests successfully on another shop's dyno, then I'm thinking that, technically, you've solved "your" problem.

-Pockdog

If this persists, you may have to alter your sig... "BOOST... crashes dynos"

no it hasnt which is also bothering me quite bad cuz my setup has been on the car for a while now and i am really wanting my final tune / numbers. i hate not knowing what its putting down after all that hardwork. tuner thinks the ngk tr6ix plugs are whats causing so much emi and his reasoning is that they do not come with a shielding for this like most plugs do and he is recommending i change to the br7's and try this again, along with grounding the car etc etc. i am really about to just give up on this dyno ever working out for me and move on to another and get it done somewhere else. when it was stock i dynoed it on a mustang dyno with no problems and am thinking of going back there just for the numbers.

Archived