TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MIller Motorsports

MichaelP

:salute:

Hi Everyone-

Has anyone done the Ford driving experience at Miller Motorsports? Looking for some feedback to see if it was worth the price of admission...

Thanks,

M.

+1

Guess the answer to the first question is no. I was interested in a response as my thinking right now is that a driver mod is probably going to have more impact on actual performance than anything I can do to the car. Still considering the August days if I can work out the vacation and dollars.

Evidence is:

http://jalopnik.com/5561307/gt+r-996-viper-gti--who-wins-season-one-of-the-forum-wars

Though the results could also be interpreted as, who is smart enough to bring race tires to a race.... Apparently the Shelby guy was the only one :salute:

:salute:

+1

Guess the answer to the first question is no. I was interested in a response as my thinking right now is that a driver mod is probably going to have more impact on actual performance than anything I can do to the car. Still considering the August days if I can work out the vacation and dollars.

Evidence is:

http://jalopnik.com/5561307/gt+r-996-viper-gti--who-wins-season-one-of-the-forum-wars

Though the results could also be interpreted as, who is smart enough to bring race tires to a race.... Apparently the Shelby guy was the only one :salute:

ive done 2 driving schools here at Road Atlanta. If they let you drive your car without a pace car in front of you on the track, its worth it--thats the key,getting some practice in your own car

ive done 2 driving schools here at Road Atlanta. If they let you drive your car without a pace car in front of you on the track, its worth it--thats the key,getting some practice in your own car

Ive done two performance DE courses and I was pretty much WOT when I could.... A LOT of fun.... But, you bring up a good point... a pace car in front would be total bummer for me... I better ask about that..

M.

I've done the Miller Motorsports school. It was a waste of time, I learned nothing (seriously, nothing) and broke the challenge cup car I rented. Perfectly nice sunny day and they gave us the rain tires. WTF? I will never attend a school at Miller again. I've had better instruction at every HPDE I have ever been to, which is somewhere around 16 now.

I've done the Miller Motorsports school. It was a waste of time, I learned nothing (seriously, nothing) and broke the challenge cup car I rented. Perfectly nice sunny day and they gave us the rain tires. WTF? I will never attend a school at Miller again. I've had better instruction at every HPDE I have ever been to, which is somewhere around 16 now.

Well, I'm glad I asked! It looked pretty cool from website and video but when I called the "salesperson" was ready to take my CC info immediately... and the "canned" speech was a little too rehearsed....the red flags went up...

I appreciate the feedback.... and will stick with the HPDE stuff for now...

M.

i'm planning on going in august or september. i gotta believe the fun factor will be worth the $. i have used mine at watkins glen for a HPDE and it was great, learned a bunch. Also learned that at 140 mph + , no cage or other descend safety equipment, it is not really all that smart to pound the hell out of it. that i really like my car - in one piece- i have decided to use their equipment for fun like that.

track driving like this for me is just to much fun, but i have too much invested in my car to keep using it for that. i hope to pick up a 'track car' some day and really enjoy it, not always worry about the GT500 all the time.

i will let you know how i liked it afterwards,

mike

i'm planning on going in august or september. i gotta believe the fun factor will be worth the $. i have used mine at watkins glen for a HPDE and it was great, learned a bunch. Also learned that at 140 mph + , no cage or other descend safety equipment, it is not really all that smart to pound the hell out of it. that i really like my car - in one piece- i have decided to use their equipment for fun like that.

track driving like this for me is just to much fun, but i have too much invested in my car to keep using it for that. i hope to pick up a 'track car' some day and really enjoy it, not always worry about the GT500 all the time.

i will let you know how i liked it afterwards,

mike

here at Road Atlanta, they let 6 cars on at a time.My trick is to lag way back and let the others "race".Then i get on WOT and have no one near me--Did the same thing at Atlanta Motor Speedway when they used to let you use your own cars. Getting thru that first 25 degree bank in a 65 GTO was a little scary at first--then htting 125 was wild, and pretty stupid as my wife reminded me,but fun

Archived