TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Armor All Wheel Protectant

Cleaned the car up yesterday and would like to apply the Armor All Wheel Protection. For those of you who have used it, what have your results been? I plan on going over each wheel with a micro-fiber rag again and then spraying the stuff on. What about the caliper--does it protect it too? I don't usually use tire shine and wonder if it will run down on the tire and make a mess. Have you found the best success with several light coats or just douse it?

I may be overthinking this, but just don't want to create more work for myself!

Thanks!

Cleaned the car up yesterday and would like to apply the Armor All Wheel Protection. For those of you who have used it, what have your results been? I plan on going over each wheel with a micro-fiber rag again and then spraying the stuff on. What about the caliper--does it protect it too? I don't usually use tire shine and wonder if it will run down on the tire and make a mess. Have you found the best success with several light coats or just douse it?

I may be overthinking this, but just don't want to create more work for myself!

Thanks!

It seemed to help but no enough to matter. I just stuck to wiping the wheels down when needed. A good wax seems to be the best solution. At least on clear coated wheels.

I use it and find it works pretty good as long as the wheels stay dry, it doesn't hold up well after driving through rain. Has to be reapplied after each wash too, but again, don't expect any miracles and it works well enough keeping brake dust/road dust build up to a minimum.

I’m not a fan of Amor All, however, there was a promotional offer a while ago and I got it for free. I used it once... apply, let it dry for a while, and buff. It seemed to be similar to Rainx. Not sure if it’s any better than wax, but surprisingly it did a good job. I’d use it again.

Just spray the entire wheel, let it dry, rotate it 180 degrees, and spray it again. If you miss a spot, you will get brake dust build up in one spot but nowhere else for a little while, and you'll want to wipe it down and do it over again.

I have found that rain doesn't completely kill the protection, but it does degrade it a bit. Washing the car, on the other hand, completely removes it.

Nothing makes brake dust magically evaporate, but this stuff does do a great job of delaying the inevitable. I like it quite a lot, and frankly feel "naked" when not using it.

Archived