TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pacific Region Team Shelby 1st event

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby is in discussion with Norcal SAAC to co-sponsor the 2010 Fall Classic track event at Thunder Hill 10/16 + 10/17 2010.

Please mark your calendars and stay tuned for further details.

Michael

My private event is still the only local event for us NW guys.

It was and is the true 1st event and has been put on every year for the last 4 years and attended by 50 TS members.

.........just sayin :)

Would we have to join NORCAL SAAC to participate?

That is a good question, and not to speak out ot turn (MM will confirm), but it will be "open" to TS members and membership for NorCal would not be req'd.

These future events will likely be a "one or the other" situation in respect to membership.

I always enjoy the Thunderhill events and it would sure be nice if some new Shelbys showed up this year.

I've posted up nearly every other SAAC Nor-Cal event since joining TS, but it's always just me and big Carl that show up from TS! headscratch.gif

Hopefully if this ends up being officially co-sponsored with TS, we'll get lots more new generation Shelbys out on the track! :shift:

EDIT: Here's a video collage from the SAAC 09 Spring Sprint at T-Hill:

My private event is still the only local event for us NW guys.

It was and is the true 1st event and has been put on every year for the last 4 years and attended by 50 TS members.

.........just sayin :)

Reach up and get the wad out of your panties, I knew someone would make a comment.

Rob, I apologize. You indeed have led the way, as has Ken Ahmann with his TS Dyno Day last year and SVT Naja with his Tahoe cruise.

I meant this would be the first Pacific region team Shelby track event.

TS and/or Norcal SAAC membership would be nice, but not mandatory.

Some belong to both. Great groups individually, together at one event - outstanding!

Reach up and get the wad out of your panties, I knew someone would make a comment.

Rob, I apologize. You indeed have led the way, as has Ken Ahmann with his TS Dyno Day last year and SVT Naja with his Tahoe cruise.

I meant this would be the first Pacific region team Shelby track event.

No wad to pull out bud.

I wear a thong. :hysterical:

I sent SAAC an email a couple of days ago. Here is their response.

> This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.saac.com from:

> Thomas H. Raber <thomas@fontech-usa.com>

>

> I am a member of LASAAC. Does this membership allow me to have the $15

> per day and a free pass for my guest? I am also a member of Team Shelby.

>

> Thanks in Advance,

> Tom

>

Yes. How's that for a concise answer!

Rick

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5285 (20100716) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Tom

Team Shelby is in discussion with Norcal SAAC to co-sponsor the 2010 Fall Classic track event at Thunder Hill 10/16 + 10/17 2010.

Michael

Is a Shelby mandatory or can we run our other non-Shelby car which is actually set up to race.

Is a Shelby mandatory or can we run our other non-Shelby car which is actually set up to race.

Usually only the Mini-Nats events are limtied to Ford power, the other events are open to paying members with whatever they want to drive.

go to www.norcal-saac.org for future reference

• 3 weeks later...

Usually only the Mini-Nats events are limtied to Ford power, the other events are open to paying members with whatever they want to drive.

go to www.norcal-saac.org for future reference

Thanks for the info.....

• 2 weeks later...

What is the registration process??

Maybe some other late model owners from the NW would like to caravan down and participate?? It's a great track :shift:

Michael

Michael,

Are any details available yet?

Also, for some of us who aren't as familiar with this type of event what all is required?

For example, would we have to have a 2 1/2 lb mounted fire extinguisher, which is listed in the Thunder Hill track rules...

Thanks

Larry

Sorry guys for not posting an update.

Spoke with Joe Praxel at NORCAL SAAC and we are on board. Go to - http://www.norcal-saac.org/news/1010th.htm to register.

Unfortunately, I have a previous commitment this weekend and will not be attending. I will post more information as far as Team Shelby participation shortly.

Regards,

Michael

Nor Cal SAAC presents the Fall Classic 2010 Open Track at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, California is a 2-day driving event for ALL makes and models of cars except open-wheel cars. Nor Cal SAAC members and non-members are welcome. Join us for a FUN weekend of track driving and social activities.

Open Track

Experience the thrill of driving your high-performance car on the challenging 3.0-mile, 15-turn Thunderhill circuit in a low-key environment. We provide an on-site ambulance, tow truck, and USARM professional corner workers. Passing is permitted only in designated areas of the track. Driver conduct is closely monitored by our track stewards to ensure a fun event for everyone. Driving Instructors are available by request at no charge.This event will be conducted under normal Nor Cal SAAC Open Track Rules and procedures. There will be three run groups of 30-40 cars each: Novice (Yellow), Intermediate (Red) and Advanced (Green). Drivers must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license. Passengers 18 years or older are allowed in some sessions. For more information on run groups, tech requirements or Nor Cal Shelby Club Open Track Rules, please refer to theOpen_Track_Information_Central page.

103dB Sound Limit

There is a 103dB sound limit for this event. Historically the Thunderhill staff has not been very strict about enforcement but don't count on that to continue.

Friday Paddock Access & Activities

Registration and Tech Inspection at the track from 3-5 PM on Friday. There is another group using the track on Friday so we will not have paddock access until 5pm.

Friday evening is open for everyone to make their own dinner plans. At 8:00pm the Nor Cal SAAC hospitality suite will be open in at the Holiday Inn Express.

Saturday Evening Do-Dah

Participants and their guests are invited to our traditional Do-Dah Banquet at Old Highway 99 Steakhouse (formerly Pat & Larry’s Steak House and Franco's Restaurant) at 610 S. Tehama St in Willows starting at 6:30pm. This is a lively evening of fine food, bench racing, and gag awards. There will be either a choice of entrees or a buffet. Price will be about $25-$30 including tax/tip and no prepayment is required. Please let us know you're coming by marking the RSVP box on the entry form.

Hospitality Suite

The Nor Cal Shelby Club will have a hospitality suite open after dinner both Friday and Saturday nights. Regardless of which motel you are staying at, please stop by to enjoy some refreshments, bench racing, and videos. The hospitality suite is at the Holiday Inn Express.

Registration Policies and Fees

Event Registrar

Nadine Camicia

ncamicia@gmail.com

phone: 650-691-9558

For Mail-In Entry Forms and Payments

Nor Cal Track

Nadine Camicia

1356 Marilyn Dr

Mountain View, CA 94040

All drivers and passengers must read and understand the Nor Cal SAAC Open Track Rules and will be required to sign a Release of Liability Waiver. Participants under the age of 18 must have signature from parent or legal guardian on their entry form and waiver form. Nor Cal SAAC Open Track Rules can be viewed and printed from theOpen_Track_Information_Central page.

Entrants must either be a current/new/renewing Nor Cal SAAC member or pay a $20 non-member fee. Entries will be taken in chronological order of payment. For mail-in payments the postmark date will be used. For on-line payments, the PayPal payment notification date will be used. On-line entries are not valid until payment is received by the registrar.

No refunds or credits will be given for cars that fail tech inspection at the track or drivers who are disqualified by the Event Steward. Automatic disqualification from the event and forfeiture of all fees paid will result from any of the following: receiving 3 black flags during the event, exceeding the 103 dB(A) sound limit, contact with another car while on track, use of alcohol or drugs while the event is in progress.

Register by postal mail or use our on-line registration and payment feature on this web site.

Registration DatesDescription

Cutoff DateFinal day to receive confirmation by mail

(registrar must receive your entry by this date)Tue - Oct 5

Final day for cancellation with full refundMon - Oct 11

On-line registration closesWed - Oct 13

Registration FeesSingle Day of Open Track (either Sat or Sun)$250

2-Days of Open Track (Sat+Sun)$450

Nor Cal SAAC New Membership (optional)

• dues through 12/31/2011
  • DRIVEN subscription thru 12/31/2011
  • New Member packet

$58

Nor Cal SAAC Membership Renewal (optional)

• dues through 12/31/2011
  • DRIVEN subscription thru 12/31/2011

$48

Non-Member Fee

(mandatory if you are not a current Nor Cal SAAC

member or paying new membership fee at this time)$20

Prices are per run group. You are paying for track time, so you may have either a single driver or multiple drivers sharing a single run group slot. If there are multiple drivers sharing a car, all drivers must be qualified to drive in the group that the car is registered in (e.g. cannot sign up for Green Group if one of the sharing drivers is a first-timer).

Accomodations

We have a block of rooms in Willows at the Travelodge - Willows. For the best available room rate, call the direct telephone number shown here and tell them you are with the Nor Cal Shelby Club. Do not call the Best Western toll-free 800 reservation number.Check out the Days Inn for special Thunderhill package deals.

For the budget-minded, we recommend the Blue Gum Inn for clean, low-cost lodging.

Willows MotelsTravelodge - Willows249 Humboldt Ave530-934-4603Baymont Inn199 Humboldt Ave530-934-9700Holiday Inn Express545 Humboldt Ave888-465-4329Blue Gum Inn2637 County Road 99W530-934-5401Best Value Inn452 Humboldt Ave530-934-7026Days Inn Corine Muncie475 Humboldt Ave530-934-4444Super 8457 Humboldt Ave530-934-2871

Directions

Willows is located on Interstate Hwy 5 approximately 90 miles north of Sacramento or 75 miles south of Redding. Most motels are located at the Hwy 162 exit. Thunderhill Park is 6 miles West of Willows on Hwy 162.

On-Line Registration

Questions: Email Nadine ncamicia@gmail.com Phone: 650-691-9558

• 1 month later...

Hi

Well the TS Regional roll out did not happen in time to get officially involved with this event, however it is still on and the Norcal SAAC guys are great and really put on a good event.

I have a honey do wedding this weekend and can't make it. Here is the latest from Norcal - enjoy!

In case you hadn't noticed.... the weather this weekend should be spectacular!

Right now it's about 90 and windy in Willows, but that will change to

mid 70s and clear for the weekend......

If you haven't signed up yet, we still have room in all run groups.

If you even think you might be coming up, please go to the website and fill out

an entry form. This will streamline reg at the track.

You can pay with Cash or Check when you arrive.

Online reg will be available until Noon Thursday.

You can also just show up and enter.....you'll just have to fill out all the

paperwork there....

http://www.norcal-saac.org/news/1010th.htm

I just drove by there yesterday on my way to the Sacramento airport.

I was visiting my friend who lives 30 miles north of Willows and he was taking me back to fly home. I told him one of these days I'd like to come up and drive the track, but not this time, I'll be at Chuckwalla instead on Saturday.

Dan

Archived