TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 Hood pins on an 07

I just wanted to see if anyone had any fitment issues putting the 08 hood pins on the 07 SGT. I just had my hood repainted because of the corrosion issues and my hood scoop replaced because of major "warpage." I would like to get the black hood pin set.

If you did have any fitment issues can you let me know what you did to resolve them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

07SGT0517

The owners that have done this have had various levels of success and effort needed. I'm sure some will chime in. While you wait many have posted their experiences here so try to do a search for "hood" and maybe "billet" to see what you can find. Unfortunately "pin" is too few characters for a search.

Good luck!

I think tekheavy did the swap... maybe contact him too.

also, you can search in quotes "hood pin" or "hood pins" and the search will work, you can do advanced search and only search the sgt forums as well, but I honestly didn't find the post I remembered seeing.

I replaced the stock hood pins on my GT-H with the black Shelby Billet ones with no problem. Note the spacer above the gasket only goes one way to avoid binding. While the hood is different I believe it will work as I saw that Andrew replaced his on his new car. Good luck, Harley

can you swap only the base or does the new "pin" part need to be used too?

You can use the stock pin if you want, but the billet pins are nicer...

I had no problems installing the Shelby GT plates/pins on my car. I assume they're the same as 2008.

hoodpins.jpg

Dan

I replaced the stock hood pins on my GT-H with the black Shelby Billet ones with no problem. Note the spacer above the gasket only goes one way to avoid binding. While the hood is different I believe it will work as I saw that Andrew replaced his on his new car. Good luck, Harley

no problems here with putting the black billet ones on my 2007 I left the original brackets but replaced the new nicer pins and you do have to do a little bracket bend to get it right. I will post photos next week. I am in Mexico until Monday

take care

Andrew

Thanks for all of the reply's guys. I ordered my black shelby hood pin kit, hopefully all will go well.

Thanks!

Michael

07SGT0517

I' probably gonna do this one too.

My car's at the dealer getting the stripes, scoop, pins replaced, and I think I wanna go with the billet ones... When it comes home, I'm goin' "all aluminum"... LOL...

Thanks to everyone for the insight...

Jer

Archived