TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top speed 4th gear...

MichaelP

Ok. Been to the track twice now. My impression is that I will be driving my car in 3rd and 4th gear around the course. It seems I top out around 120mph in 4th gear...

So, is there a way to get this top speed higher and sooner and faster in 4th?

I have not done any engine mods...no tune, no TB, no pulley...nothing... Only a few suspension mods..

Thanks,

Mike

Ok. Been to the track twice now. My impression is that I will be driving my car in 3rd and 4th gear around the course. It seems I top out around 120mph in 4th gear...

So, is there a way to get this top speed higher and sooner and faster in 4th?

I have not done any engine mods...no tune, no TB, no pulley...nothing... Only a few suspension mods..

Thanks,

Mike

You should top out a lot faster than that in 4th. What gears are in the rear-end? My WS6 would top out at 130+ in 4th and had the same trans gearing as your GT500 with roughly the same redline and 3.42 gears.

3.55 in the rear.

I could probably GET to 130+ in 4th but I dont have a mile runway to do that.. I may need more experience learning how to drive the car more smoothly around the track. It was fun trouncing the Porsches this weekend.. :))

Now I understand. I thought you meant top attainable speed not taking time to it into account. FWIW, in a hair over 23 seconds, the 2011 will see 150mph from a dig.

Archived